SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#253917 - 01/19/09 08:26 AM Audya comments from Shreveport
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I thought it would be a good idea to have the Audya comments on a new thread.

Here was Don's comment:

AJ arrived with the Audya about 5:30. He did a short demo that quickly turned into two hours. He will also have it there for us tomorrow at noon before having to catch a plane.
I think most everyone was impressed by the Audya. What interested me most was the wonderful real-time control the player has. Many assignable sliders and buttons, several inter-active features, three intros and endings plus fills and three BREAKS per style. The list of real-time features is really long and I've only touched on a few, but one was that the bass and style parts seem to "learn" what you are playing and add variety to what they did, based upon your playing pattern. Hard to explain, but great to hear.
The sound was next to incredible. You would think a live band was performing for you.
For Dikki, I had AJ play every type of chord he knew and the arranger played them flawlessly. He also told me that the audio styles were user programmable, but it takes a lot of work because they are quite complex.
There are 360 factory styles, and I think he said 85 percent of them use audio. The ones that didn't still sounded really good. It's hard to explain, but they seem to have really done the homework on this thing.
Of course it took about three years, so it SHOULD be right
The vocal harmonizer sounded great, and there are real-time sliders for both the lead vocal and harmony parts. I'm sure he will get deeper into the harmonizer features tomorrow. There are two XLR inputs, each with input level controls.
There are four audio outs PLUS two stereo outs, plus Aux outs and aux ins.
I haven't heard another arranger piano sound as good as this one.
I wasn't crazy about the location of the style controls--in the middle--but AJ said they had to put them there in order to not compromise the size and length of the sliders, which are on the left, where I wish the style controls were. The pb and mod wheels are above the left hand, as they were on SD1 I think. Workable, but not ideal to me.
Halfway through the demo, I got up and put a for sale sign on my E50. But it's not for sale as I think it's the best low-price arranger on the market as far as my needs go.
Even after I get the Audya, I will keep it as back up, probably.
If there are specific questions you have for AJ, I'll try to get them answered tomorrow.
As for me, I'll most likely have to have one pretty soon.
DonM

Tom

#253918 - 01/19/09 08:30 AM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Donny DNJ's comment

The Audya really sounded great last night here at the jam....AJ really went into detatil in his Demo to try to explain all the great features......& also show us what you can achive with this new KB.Plus I recieved a new Ketron T Shirt YIPPPEEE!
More to come for sure......this may be the only KB you ever need

Tom

#253919 - 01/19/09 08:40 AM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I am back from the Jam and as usual the food was great and the hosts awesome. AJ arrived with the Audya and did an hour seminar after which he was kind enough to indulge those of us who wanted to get a "hands on" experiece with the keyboard.

AJ indicated there will be a good users manual and a tutorial that helps the player get the most out of the keyboard. We will see.

The Jam went well while I was there - only about 8 hours. I was really pre-occupied with my daughters situation and packed up and returned home after the Jam session ended.

There are pictures of the Audya and the Jam at the PSR Tutorial site. The link is below.
Enjoy.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/ForumMain.html

Hammer

#253920 - 01/19/09 08:42 AM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
hammer Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hammer:
[B]Well, I am back from the Jam and as usual the food was great and the hosts awesome. AJ arrived with the Audya and did an hour seminar after which he was kind enough to indulge those of us who wanted to get a "hands on" experiece with the keyboard.

AJ indicated there will be a good users manual and a tutorial that helps the player get the most out of the keyboard. We will see.

The Jam went well while I was there - only about 8 hours. I was really pre-occupied with my daughters situation and packed up and returned home after the Jam session ended.

There are pictures of the Audya and the Jam at the PSR Tutorial site. The link is below.
Enjoy.

Go to the yamaha general catagory and the Jam thread.

Hammer

[

#253921 - 01/19/09 08:48 AM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Can't find the picture file...

I see the postings where you say they are, but don't see anything to DL them...

???

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253922 - 01/19/09 09:06 AM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
hammer Offline

Tom,
they are in a zip file at the bottom of the posts. There are several posts with pictures.
Hammer

#253923 - 01/19/09 10:55 AM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
Keyman_UK Offline

Loc: UK
It appears you have to be a member in order to see the zip files. I can only see the text as well on that forum.

#253924 - 01/19/09 12:50 PM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You must be a member to download files, including photo files. There's no charge, and it's an outstanding forum.

Cheers,
Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#253925 - 01/19/09 03:06 PM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
Keyman_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
You must be a member to download files, including photo files. There's no charge, and it's an outstanding forum.

Cheers,
Gary

It's a great forum if you are into Yamaha Gary

#253926 - 01/19/09 03:12 PM Re: Audya comments from Shreveport
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Keyman_UK:
It's a great forum if you are into Yamaha Gary

I learned more at the PSR site in 3 weeks than I could have in 3 months if I had to read the manual Great group of folks there as well.

Hammer thanks for the photos!

Sorry Tom, don't mean to take away from the title of the post.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-19-2009).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online