SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#253704 - 01/15/09 03:45 PM Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s,

Steve D. and I have been trying to get my T-3 upgraded.

As most of you know I use a Mac.

I downloaded the files (6) to a thumb drive ( USB ) and got an error message stating that no files were found ( or to that effect).

I took Steve`s advice and went to my local library and used a PC to download the files and still no luck , same error message.

Steve has offered to load the files onto a USB drive that I mail to him ! Great !!

I am wondering if there are others that have a similar problem upgrading using a Mac ( Apple computer ).

If anyone has upgraded there T-3 using files downloaded using a Mac , please post how you did it.

Thank you for your help
Gary 

#253705 - 01/16/09 02:07 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Hi Guy`s,

Steve D. and I have been trying to get my T-3 upgraded.

As most of you know I use a Mac.

I downloaded the files (6) to a thumb drive ( USB ) and got an error message stating that no files were found ( or to that effect).

I took Steve`s advice and went to my local library and used a PC to download the files and still no luck , same error message.

Steve has offered to load the files onto a USB drive that I mail to him ! Great !!

I am wondering if there are others that have a similar problem upgrading using a Mac ( Apple computer ).

If anyone has upgraded there T-3 using files downloaded using a Mac , please post how you did it.

Thank you for your help
Gary 

I assume you mean that you're trying to upgrade your T2 files to T3. I have a Mac and wasn't able to do it either. I've got tonnes of TVN files sitting doing nothing since I got my T3.

Let us know if you find a solution.

#253706 - 01/16/09 05:02 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

Hi Chony ,

No , I am trying to upgrade the firmware on the T-3.

It is a new release that was posted a few days ago.
Here is the link. :
http://music.yamaha.com/products/downloads.html;jsessionid=724B6F61FE6BBF138C612B07299495C6?productId=1007003&hierarchy_id=20021_20023_16277

It brings the T-3 up to version 1.02 , right now mine is 1.01 , plus there are new sounds m but you can`t install the new "scat" voices until you do the upgrade.

Link for new sounds:
http://www.music-tyros.com/en/extras/index.html

I have to try some stuff . like taking off the files that I have installed on the T-3 ( back-up ) , and if that doesn`t work then I will try a full system wide reset.

First I`m going to try a new USB drive , Steve mentioned that some USB drive " work with transferring files , but not firmware" so that will be my next step.

If that is still a no-go , then I can "zero" that data on any USB drive , transfer the 6 files and try that.

There should be a way , I hope !!

Will keep you posted , wish me luck !

Later,

Gary 

#253707 - 01/16/09 05:08 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
Dnj Online   content

Have you called Yamaha to try to walk you hrough it?

#253708 - 01/16/09 05:36 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

Hi Donny,

Yes I have, Steve Deming and I have been trying to work it out over the phone and a ton of e-mails the last couple of days.

He is going to try some stuff with the "library/ PC " files that I sent to him as well.

This is one of those "could be anything" deals , still trying.

Take care ,

Gary 

#253709 - 01/16/09 06:29 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Jedi,
I upgraded my T3 with no problems at all. Did you put the upgrade files in the root directory of your flash drive? That is a must. They can not be in a folder - must be in the root of the thumb drive. After I restarted my T3 while holding the stop/start button the T3 took over and it all just kind of happened on its own.

Good luck.

#253710 - 01/16/09 06:30 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
Dnj Online   content

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Hi Donny,

Yes I have, Steve Deming and I have been trying to work it out over the phone and a ton of e-mails the last couple of days.

He is going to try some stuff with the "library/ PC " files that I sent to him as well.

This is one of those "could be anything" deals , still trying.

Take care ,

Gary 

Gary good luck glad to hear your on the case...keep us posted.

#253711 - 01/16/09 06:40 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Boy it's nice you can upgrade these keyboards today using things like a thumb drive.

I remember a Yamaha keyboard I used to own that I chose to upgrade the OS on. BOY WHAT ROUGH UPGRADE. My old Yamaha EX-7 (model just before the Motif Classic).., was not capable of doing any OS update via floppy or anything like that. NOOOOO..., couldn't be that simple. Updating that OS required the physical pulling of CHIPS from the mother board to update the OS. You had to buy chip pullers if you didn't already own them. Those chips didn't just pop right out either! Many EX owners ended up cracking their motherboards doing this update. I was lucky and got it done with no problems. Told the wife (fiance at the time).., that no way will I ever update another keyboard again by pulling chips!

I was estactic when I powered it up and the EX told me new hardware was detected and it took care of itself

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-16-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#253712 - 01/16/09 06:46 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Jedi,
Did you put the upgrade files in the root directory of your flash drive? That is a must. They can not be in a folder - must be in the root of the thumb drive. After I restarted my T3 while holding the stop/start button the T3 took over and it all just kind of happened on its own.

Good luck.

I had several clients expressing problems like Gary's, and it proved out that they were not putting the six upgrades in the root directory of the Flashdrive.

Ian

#253713 - 01/16/09 07:31 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
MAC users don't intrinsically know things like "root folders" of course some will have difficulty with this simple upgrade.

But they don;t get viruses either...only their CEO's get them. Get Well Stve Jobs. Your minions are depending on you,,,,..(not to mention your stockholders......14PT drop in days....Jobs cannot be the entire brain Trust of Apple...can he?

IF you buy a Sandisk Flash drive uninstall the U3 program and clean the drive.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-16-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online