SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#253715 - 01/16/09 11:47 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s ,

Yes , I am putting the 6 upgrade files onto a blank USB drive that I know works with my T-3 , NO folder just the 6 files , that is it .

Last night I formated my USB drive on my T-3 , and today returned to my library , and using a "PC" downloaded the files . extracted them from the folder and installed them to my USB drive.

Still nothing , I install the USB drive into the T-3 , I press and hold the clear "Stop/Start" button and then an error message comes on the T-3 screen stating that the "installer was not found , please eject media" .

I then have to power down the KB , remove the USB drive with the 6 files , and then restart the T-3 and after it boots turn it off , if I don`t do that the HD heads will not lock , ( the clicking sound you get when you turn off the KB , I don`t get when trying to perform the upgrade.

Guy`s I have got to tell you , I`m starting to get really tired of this.

Still left for me to try is , removal of ALL my files from the T-3 ( midi /.txt /Custom Organ sounds ( that I downloaded and installed , using the same USB drive).

If that doesn`t work, then I must try a full system wide reset , I don`t really want to , but it will probly come to that , I just hope the "Music Finder" remains un crypted.

Ian , KF , anyone with a T-3 and a Mac , or just a T-3 , please help if possible , many thanks.

O__also well try another USB drive before the reset.

Steve Deming suggested that I try another USB drive , so that will be my next step.

I received my " new" .mfd file from James over at PK Owners Club , when I first got the T-3 and that worked fine and it looked like the 6 update files.

I wish I could figure this out ( must have fish for dinner !! )

Thanks again , you guy`s are great !!

Take care and I will keep you informed ( I was going to say updated , but that is to much like UPGRADE !! > LOL )

Later

Gary 

#253716 - 01/16/09 11:57 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

Me again !!

Just for the heck of it , where USB devices are "hot" plug in plug out , I also tried the following with no results either.

Press and hold the clear Start/Stop button , then turn on the T-3 and then a message comes on the screen " please insert media"

So I did and still nothing

Later

Gary 

#253717 - 01/16/09 02:27 PM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Gary,

I have "walked" several clients through the upgrade by phone, and not one experienced the issues that you are having, but then again, none were using Macs either.

I see you have posted this topic on YPKO as well..hopefully somebody with a Mac will be able to help you, or at the very least, identify the problem.

Ian

#253718 - 01/16/09 03:10 PM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jwyvern Offline

Gary, I'm not sure what you mean by the "clear" start Stop Button.
Presumably you're pressing the correct one ie. the Style stop/start button while you turn the power on.

If you have unzipped the download (I recall it was zipped up) and transferred the bare files to the stick, (not in a folder on the stick) that seems to be covered.

Another thing the instructions say is make sure there is no other USB equipment plugged into Tyros3 at the time - (and presumably don't have Ty3 connected to the Mac at the time.)

Just another thought, someone else has reminded me- where did you format the USB stick? Sometimes even with a PC you're better off formatting on the keyboard to get some to recognise files properly.
May be worth trying as Keith on YPKO has suggested along with a new stick perhaps.

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 01-16-2009).]

#253719 - 01/16/09 04:05 PM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

Hi John,

I have formated the USB drive on the T-3 , and also tried using (MS-Dos - Fat 16).

Neither method has worked.

Just don`t get it , I have used that same drive for so many uses with my T-3 , and all worked fine , even if the drive was formated in Mac HFS,

But , I still am going to try another drive , but I don`t think it will work.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Ian ,

If you do find a Mac user that was able to upgrade , please post , many thanks.

Later guy`s , and thanks again !

Gary 

#253720 - 01/16/09 10:36 PM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Kingfrog Thanks for tip on uninstalling the U3 software I never thought about doing that and was using the Intel PC of my Macbook Pro to read it! I assume you no longer need password once you do that and it' plug and play after that?Thanks Brian

Yeah I realized I did not need it for the Tyros (or even the PC) There is a way to uninstall The remove the rest manually.

For the MAc user. Buy a NEW blank flash drive. Load the unzipped files in the root Directory (It doesn;t matter how many other folders are on the drive as long as the files are the only files in the root dir.

Eliminaye the MAC from the process. Us a PC to load the files on tje drive then follow the rest of the install instructions.

I think the MAC is putting some unrecognizable files on your flash drive...

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-16-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253721 - 01/17/09 07:30 AM Re: Mac Users + TYROS 3 Upgrade / Did it work ?
jedi Offline

IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

Hi Guy`s ,

My Tyros 3 is now Version 1.02 !! It is upgraded.

Here is what took place:

I picked up a new USB drive { PNY - 4 Gig "Attache" }.

Plugged it into my Mac.

Opened my browser ( Safari ) opened preference and chose the download location to be the new unnamed device.

Closed preference window and went to the download web site at Yamaha.

Downloaded the upgrade , after downloading Mac`s do there auto-unzip thing.

Opened the drive , opened the folder within the drive.

Copied the 6 files to the root of the USB drive and trashed the empty folder.

Unmounted the PNY drive and plugged it into my T-3 ( front port ) pressed and held "Start/Stop" while turning on the power.

A message came on the T-3 screen asking if I wanted to upgrade , if so push start , I pushed start !!

It began to load and took about 2 min. after I turned the power off , unplugged the USB drive and turned on my T-3 for verification that the upgrade was successful , it was.

Now to load the new voices , the Tyros is ready for them !

Thank you all for your continued help and support over the past few days , I really and truly appreciate it.

Take care , and if there are Mac users out there that need my help , just post , YOU CAN do the upgrade with a Mac!

Later

Gary 

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online