Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#252135 - 01/02/09 03:35 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Now King.....I'm going to tell YOU something YOU need to know. Diki and I went at it once about this, and I generally don't talk about it. I maintain a low profile in here because I'm actually a very humble person. But what you need to know is you'd be amazed at how good a musician and an entertainer I actually am. I've spent most of my life playing a keyboard and working at and studying my craft every day and all day. I've been a professional for 40 years now...that means 40 years of dedication and hard work that I'm not sure you would understand. When you get those credentials behind you and you gain my respect, then come back and we'll have another conversation.

So when you hit me with a line like "you have to reach the heights of a Freddy Hubbard or Eartha Kitt before you show up in a forum obit,"....you really need to taste the wares before you throw out one-liners like that!

After you read what I just wrote, I'm going
to edit it out before anyone else reads this and I can go back to being "humble"......

Lucky

Good prose needs to be preserved.

#252136 - 01/02/09 03:37 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
cgiles Offline

I say, if you don't want something to be public, use email.

#252137 - 01/02/09 03:42 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
I can go back to being "humble"......

Lucky

"you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube"

"you can't unwind a clock"

"no point in closing the barn door after the cow is gone"

etc., etc.

#252138 - 01/02/09 03:45 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
cgiles Offline

"OH LORRRRD, IT'S HARD TO BE HUMBLE"

chas

#252139 - 01/02/09 08:01 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas and Diki...seems like we're always on the same page. and that's not a bad thing, either.

Be well,

Russ

#252140 - 01/02/09 08:09 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
"you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube"

"you can't unwind a clock"

"no point in closing the barn door after the cow is gone"

etc., etc.

Chas,

What is this? Grade school all over again? Are my in this forum to please YOU? I somehow doubt that. If you don't want to talk about music related topics, that's fine. But don't impede the flow of others.

So what if I dared to "break stride" and mention how I feel about seeing “death notices” posted here or how I feel about “world affairs” topics being brought up? You’re acting like I broke one of the Ten Commandments. Learn to attack the message and NOT the messenger! Out of 250 postings, I contributed more than my share of positive postings, but of course folks like you are too busy being on the “attack“ to even notice it. And the worst of my postings come nowhere near some of what I’ve read here in the past.

I'll use the same argument King used. If you don't like what someone writes, it's simple. Don't read it! It's a no-brainer! Even I'm learning to do that now. And trust me....it works.

Definitely never set yourself up to be judge, jury and executioner. As the good book says, "clear the splinter from your own eye first."

I watched some of you tear Donny apart a few weeks ago and, if I remember correctly, you even had a feeding frenzy with Diki at one point! IMO (note the IMO qualifier) it’s disgraceful and immature for grown adults to do this to each other. At least, Donny's out there using his music talent making music and making money and the same for Diki. I don’t see it should bother anyone how many keyboards Donny went through!

Now, there are certain people in this group I consider "players" and accomplished musicians just by how they talk here, and I have a great deal of respect for them. Unfortunately, I don't consider you to be one of them. So please save your remarks and polished writing skills (?) for someone else. Find a new "flavor of the week," because you're wasting your time with me. I learned long ago to always consider the “source” of negative remarks directed at me.

Lucky

#252141 - 01/02/09 08:13 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
Lucky2Bhere Offline

...edited out as promised. Thank you Nigel for allowing me the brief platform.

Lucky

#252142 - 01/02/09 10:44 AM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
cgiles Offline

Lucky, in the future I'll try harder to gain your respect. Uh, how do I do that? But first, let me correct a couple of your assertions. First, you've never heard me beating up on Diki. He's one of the handful of guys whom I deeply respect, both musically and (especially) intellectually. In other words, "he gets it". Secondly, if you go back and read all the posts, you will see that I was NOT part of that "feeding frenzy" surrounding Donny's frequent "exchange" of keyboards and the drama surrounding those "exchanges". Frankly, I couldn't care less about the frequency of Donny's keyboard purchases. In fact, I have similar tendencies. I'm just too dumb to sell the old ones.

Frankly, I was just yanking your chain a bit about "going back to being humble" after first letting us know how 'great' you used to be. Here's a tip; want to keep your pulse rate down......don't take me too seriously (but also be careful what you write.....Diki and I and a few others, will be all over it ). If you know ahead of time that you need to remove a post ten minutes later, that's a pretty good indication that you shouldn't post it in the first place.

As far as not respecting me musically, no problem; hardly anybody does . Luckily, I was able to recognize my mediocrity early, and not pursue it (music) as a full-time career. Probably a smart choice on my part. Me, I tend to withhold judgement about someones musical ability unless or until I've heard them play. But as I always say, different strokes..........

chas

#252143 - 01/02/09 03:18 PM Re: Jazz great Freddie Hubbard dead at 70
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Now let us let Freddie RIP

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online