Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#251820 - 12/28/08 10:52 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I think what is 'very weird' is....those people who can't let it go. I worry about people who become obsessive about other people's actions, especially when it's no concern of theirs. Nigel has made his feelings about it very clear but I guess there are always going to be those that choose to ignore it.

chas

I'm sorry. Does the Administrator discourage posting of personal examples of works?

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-28-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251821 - 12/28/08 03:06 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I just think that there is a natural curiosity about whether those that post here, and express their opinion SO forcefully, actually have the chops to back up what they say. Talking about music, as I have said so many times, is like dancing about mathematics! Without example, it is the wrong medium to illustrate your thoughts.

No doubt those with Bose systems would LOVE to have us doubters actually hear them in person. No amount of words can change an opinion about a SOUND... But a listen can do it instantly. Same with an arranger aspect, sound or operation. A song is worth a thousand words. A book about Charlie Parker doesn't tell you what ONE song can...

I, for one, would LOVE it if the MS fans quit talking about how great they are, and actually SHOWED us. 'Great' means so many things to so many different people. I'd like to HEAR how great it is

Unfortunately, I think that they feel unwilling to post because there might be a negative reaction to the demo. However, I find this cowardly, however, when they are SO willing to berate it's detractors in words, and extol the thing without example. If you have the conviction of your words, you should be able to post at least a LITTLE something to illustrate them. Failure to do so, refusal to allow others to make their OWN minds up, rather than HAVE to accept you at your word (or not ) for lack of anything else is a cop out, IMO.

Only the most rabid of fan boy zealots ever damn a demo on principle alone, and we all KNOW who those are, thereby making their comments moot, and not worth worrying about... Every time we play in public, we risk EXACTLY the same thing from an audience. A poor reaction. Yet we still do it I fail to see why here matters any MORE

I am FAR more concerned about what my audience says and does than anyone here And I honestly think that if we all felt the same, we would be hearing from a LOT more members than we currently do.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-28-2008).]

#251822 - 12/28/08 03:27 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
I'm sorry. Does the Administrator discourage posting of personal examples of works?

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-28-2008).]

Au contraire...
The message talks about people that criticize but never post an example, never let themselves be the "defendant"

#251823 - 12/28/08 03:28 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:

I am FAR more concerned about what my audience says and does than anyone here And I honestly think that if we all felt the same, we would be hearing from a LOT more members than we currently do.

+1 The audience is the final arbiter. Positive Critic Critique and Peer acceptance is great but is a distant second to those who sign the checks and buy the tickets.

Many Oscars have been given to movies that were not commercial hits.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251824 - 12/28/08 03:42 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I just think that there is a natural curiosity about whether those that post here, and express their opinion SO forcefully, actually have the chops to back up what they say. Talking about music, as I have said so many times, is like dancing about mathematics! Without example, it is the wrong medium to illustrate your thoughts.

No doubt those with Bose systems would LOVE to have us doubters actually hear them in person. No amount of words can change an opinion about a SOUND... But a listen can do it instantly. Same with an arranger aspect, sound or operation. A song is worth a thousand words. A book about Charlie Parker doesn't tell you what ONE song can...

I, for one, would LOVE it if the MS fans quit talking about how great they are, and actually SHOWED us. 'Great' means so many things to so many different people. I'd like to HEAR how great it is

Unfortunately, I think that they feel unwilling to post because there might be a negative reaction to the demo. However, I find this cowardly, however, when they are SO willing to berate it's detractors in words, and extol the thing without example. If you have the conviction of your words, you should be able to post at least a LITTLE something to illustrate them. Failure to do so, refusal to allow others to make their OWN minds up, rather than HAVE to accept you at your word (or not ) for lack of anything else is a cop out, IMO.

Only the most rabid of fan boy zealots ever damn a demo on principle alone, and we all KNOW who those are, thereby making their comments moot, and not worth worrying about... Every time we play in public, we risk EXACTLY the same thing from an audience. A poor reaction. Yet we still do it I fail to see why here matters any MORE

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-28-2008).]

Diki Great post well said!

#251825 - 12/29/08 07:43 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Indeed. Just like its nice to put a face with a voices ,its nice to attach music to someone's words. If someone prefers the Korg becasue of its Raw live sound I would love to hear an example of that that shows what it can do other Arrangers cannot.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251826 - 12/29/08 08:25 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Kingfrog:

You have E-mail... unless you have changed your E-address and neglected to update your info here at the Zone.

Regards,

Dave Rice

#251827 - 01/02/09 05:04 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Spam, spam, spam, spam,
Spam, spam, spam, spam,
Lovely Spam, wonderful Spam...

(BLOODY VIKINGS! )

#251828 - 01/02/09 06:58 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Spam, spam, spam, spam,
Spam, spam, spam, spam,
Lovely Spam, wonderful Spam...

(BLOODY VIKINGS! )

Actually I was just posting a few more tunes Diki....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online