Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#251800 - 12/26/08 10:16 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Good stuff! Neil's not mty favorite, either, but you do him well, and have the voice to stand on your own, although, with the similarities, that would probably be hard, comparison-wise.

Russ

Russ You have no idea. It was a ball and chain until I succumbed and used it to my benefit. I never "tried" to do him. All I had to do was understand his songs and use my theater education to make them real and mine. Like anyone should do with any song anyway.

If I had to "work" at being an impersonator I would never have thought to even do it. All I had to do were have costumes and wigs made....(OH and learn how to play EADBCG with rhythm on the guitar which I already was messing with)

You never know where you will end up in the Arts. Its usually not where you expected. LOL

My vocal inspirations are Gino Vanelli,James Taylor, Billy Joel and Kenny Loggins. Light years away. LOL
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251801 - 12/26/08 10:20 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
I am sure Neil knows who I am but He only really went to shows in LA. He caught Super Diamond. (A Neil act in heavy Metal Great show). I heard his brother Harvey saw me and his mother Rose went to the Vegas shows.

The reason I stopped? I could finally afford to. Actually I lived in Las Vegas and got a contract to work in Myrtle beach for a few months with a different Producer. One of the keyboard players and I got pretty close and after four months we fell in love. I took advantage of the housing bubble in Las Vegas and sold my home in 6 hours! Moved to Sc and we built a house and banked some money. I had one more contract with Legends in Branson to do. We got married and I left for Branson. two weeks into the contract my wife is diagnosed with breast cancer and the compnay would not let me finish my contract in the SC show, So I stayed in Branson while my wife went through he thing. As a 30 year musician in MB her friends wanted to throw a benefit for Breast Cancer' Legends would not support doing it in their parking lot!! I came home and vowed never to work for Legends again and never leave home for an extended time again. We had some money paid off everything and I took a part time job in a music store.

Three years later all is well. The wife is fine and performing her solo. I am writing again. I have been asked to host a Karaoke/dance show in the Spring a couple nights a week (full circle LOL). The wife is begging me to to a duo with her. I may do that since she can carry the show. Life is good,

(Now I will take a one night job as Neil for stupid money if its less than a 3 hour plane ride maybe longer if the money is really stupid)

Neil knows all of us that performed with the major shows. I had a chance to meet him since I worked with Ronnie Tutt's (his and previously Elvis' drummer)daughters in one of the shows I did on the high seas. And He is always open to meeting us as well. But its really was not that important to me except to ask him "whats up with the chair with ears" in the Song I Am I Said. LOL. I did not need the "promo" Many Neil impersonators have pictures with him. Neil likes us (we keep him out there I guess).

I billed myself as the THIRD BEST Neil Diamond tribute artist in the world.

1. All the other Neil Impersonators according to their promo

2. Neil Himself

3. Me

It worked! Go figure. Now you might understand why my moniker and LLC is aptly named KingFrog Productions.

I am truly a frog who became a king for a few moments in time in many venues from the Joes Bar and Grill karaoke in 1984 to the Daytona Speedway and points between. I have great memories.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-24-2008).]

Kingfrog great story, awesome memories & glad it worked out for your & your wife...keep it up Music is MAGIC no matter how you do it!!

Happy New Year!

#251802 - 12/26/08 10:25 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Kingfrog,
I have one question for you....Is there CD's of you available in stores...or are they available from you (website or whatever)?? I would like to buy one.

I guess that is the ultimate compliment.

Lee

No they were not. I sold them at the venues. No way would they fit well with anything on the Walmart rack. I don;t have a website. Never did. I used a private site specifically for agents and talent bookers. Which I have since taken down. I found public websites to be more vanity websites then ways to attract business. Plus you can do a lot of faking on a public website. I got most of my more lucrative work FROM work. Thats the best way.People will fly to see an act they intend on using for three months in a show or make you fly to audition which I refused to do since 50% of my act was "missing" The audience.

As far as CDs go you can download songs from Boxnet. I'm not selling them. I understood they wer more of a Souveneer than a work or music people were buying. They bought my CD based on seeing me perform as Neil!! Its not like they heard my own songs. Most of them are probably lost in couch cushions,under car seats, or under the refrigerator....LOL

I will post more if people are interested but my focus is on REDOING some of them. Others were so bad and recorded years ago but I needed filler. LOL.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251803 - 12/26/08 10:40 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Kingfrog great story, awesome memories & glad it worked out for your & your wife...keep it up Music is MAGIC no matter how you do it!!

Happy New Year!

Thank You and salutations back your way. I will with the help of the great Tyros keep on as the arrangers save me a ton of time.

I am sure I will still want to arrange my own music when I simply cannot find a style to use.

I have a "big band" tune I did myself called "Short Lived Romance" I want to see if I can adapt to the arranger. Thats why I bought the TYROS.....STYLE SUPPORT. I have songs I need to find styles for. Its easier to START with a style but Im finding it harder to find a Style to use with a finished work. Like the one I posted here.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251804 - 12/26/08 04:40 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Kingfrog:

Your story is both impressive and a little sad. I really appreciate the opportunity to listen to the song at "the Box." I really enjoy Neil Diamond... and you sound very much like him. What's even more impressive is the list of other well known performers you have the ability to sound like... assuming that you really do sound like them.

I hope you'll take time to listen to a few of my songs at the link below my signature. I believe we need to have a serious conversation or two. I'm a songwriter who does his own demos but if I had your talent, I think I might be able to bypass Nashville, LA and NYC. Let's talk.

Dave Rice (The one from Glen Rose, Texas)
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/DaveRice

[This message has been edited by Riceroni9 (edited 12-26-2008).]

#251805 - 12/26/08 06:55 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
How do I listen to other 'KINGFROG' songs at the box?
Thanks,
Lee

#251806 - 12/26/08 08:28 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Kingfrog:

Your story is both impressive and a little sad. I really appreciate the opportunity to listen to the song at "the Box." I really enjoy Neil Diamond... and you sound very much like him. What's even more impressive is the list of other well known performers you have the ability to sound like... assuming that you really do sound like them.

I hope you'll take time to listen to a few of my songs at the link below my signature. I believe we need to have a serious conversation or two. I'm a songwriter who does his own demos but if I had your talent, I think I might be able to bypass Nashville, LA and NYC. Let's talk.

Dave Rice (The one from Glen Rose, Texas)
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/DaveRice

[This message has been edited by Riceroni9 (edited 12-26-2008).]

I've heard your songs before Dave. I think I commented on how much you sound like Boz Scaggs. Of course everyone probably sounds like someone else. I enjoy writing and recording but I have no illusions bout anything beyond my front door. LOL. I don;t believe I have a library of work that would compare with professional songwriters who do this day in and out and can write based solely on craft and not inspiration. Those are the real deals.

BTW I do not sound like those artists. I mention them as artists I would love to emulate. Gino's Power and range, Kennys Dynamics, Jame's clean simple sound, Joels's "anger" and lyric. They are MY heros as writers and singers.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251807 - 12/26/08 09:21 PM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
How do I listen to other 'KINGFROG' songs at the box?
Thanks,
Lee

I don;t know how to open the files publically but I can link to them.....
http://www.box.net/shared/akdin4g7nt

Heres one I did about 8 years ago I want to use the Tyros to re do for fun (without the vocal doubling). This was done on the Triton/Proteus/Roland U220/D5. The drum track was Stepped in using a Roland 707. Took hours and hours. Just the drum fill near the end took me 3 hours to step in note by note.....Now you know why I bought an arranger.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-26-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251808 - 12/27/08 05:15 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Kingfrog,
that was spectacular, really pro quality at least in my ears, way above some offerings posted here. Congratulations.

If you don't find a suitable style, don't worry, you will be able to crate your own.

BTW, that comes from someone who does not know who Neil Diamond is. Heard the name before, never heard a song, at least knowingly.

#251809 - 12/27/08 09:02 AM Re: Not Afriad to post music
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Kingfrog,
that was spectacular, really pro quality at least in my ears, way above some offerings posted here. Congratulations.

If you don't find a suitable style, don't worry, you will be able to crate your own.

BTW, that comes from someone who does not know who Neil Diamond is. Heard the name before, never heard a song, at least knowingly.

Ears like yours are my "target" audience...LOL Thanks.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online