SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#250021 - 12/01/08 10:13 AM PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see the brand specific forums, but also see the majority of postings wind up here, so, at the risk of violating forum decorum, here goes:

I want to trigger fills from a foot control, but can't seem to figure out how to set it up on the 2000. Suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

#250022 - 12/01/08 10:17 AM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I believe you can find a template on psrtutorial.com
At any rate if you ask on the forum there, you will have the answer quickly.
What you want to do can be done easily with the Yamaha foot controller, but I'm sure there are other ways as well.
Feel free to ask anything you want here though. You'll get some kind of answer!
DonM

#250023 - 12/02/08 07:43 AM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice Don. So far I haven't found anything on the PSR Tutorial site that answers my question. I've learned much reading this forum, and was hopeful someone could help me out with this.

Maybe it just can't be done, in any event, I'll keep looking.

#250024 - 12/02/08 09:03 AM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hi,

Welcome to the Synth Zone General Arranger Forum TeeRoget'.

To trigger a fill on the PSR 2000 you will first need to have a Pedal (foot control) that is compatible with the PSR 2000. Once you have a compatible Pedal then it is simple. Put the end of the Pedal plug into Pedal slot #2 on the back of the PSR 2000. (I am assuming that you are already using a 'sustain' or 'expression' pedal for slot #1). Once you have inserted the end into slot #2 then turn the PSR 2000 ON and go into the "Function" setting. Then hit "D" to go into the Controller menu. Once in the Controller menu make sure you are viewing the the Pedal setting screen. Use the Back/Next arrows at the top right of the LCD screen to get into the Pedal setting screen if necessary. Use the A/B buttons at the top left of the LCD screen to choose settings for either Pedal #1 or Pedal #2. Using the (1) up/down arrows right under the bottom left side of the LCD screen, and scroll down the various pedal function settings until you come to "Fill Self". Choose "Fill Self" OR "Fill Break" depending on your preference for the type of fill you want to trigger. Exit the Menu and return to the Main Screen. Now when you depress the Pedal the "Fill Self" function will engage and will trigger a fill. PS: If you keep the Pedal depressed, the fill with loop continuously.

Hope this helps..

Best,
Mike

#250025 - 12/02/08 09:41 AM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks much for the detailed reply. I'm using both volume and sustain pedals, but want to use the sustain pedal to trigger fills instead.

I'll try your method tonight. I figured it was something simple and probably blatently obvious as well, but as a long-time player who remains technologically challenged, I appreciate the time you took to respond.

#250026 - 12/02/08 12:17 PM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry I didn't get to this one earlier. The easiest way to set up a pedal assignment on the PSR-2000 is the merely press the DIRECT ACCESS BUTTON then step on the FOOT PEDAL. This opens the window for the pedal assignments. Select the pedal you wish to use with the A or B button at the upper right corner of the LCD Display Screen, then using the bottom of the #1 button at the bottom of the screen, scroll down to the function you wish to use. It's that easy.

The next step, however, is one of the most important. Press the Registration Memory Button and when the Registration Memory Contents screen opens UNCHECK all the boxes other than the PEDAL box. Then save this into a registration. In my case, I also leave a check in the MIC box as well, which saves my current mic settings into the same registration. After saving the registration, save the Registration Bank and name it SETUP.

Now, when the keyboard is turned back on, press the registration ("J") button, select the Setup registration bank, then press the associated registration button and everything is right where you want it.

I suggest going back to the registration memory contents page and checking all the functions you wish to use in any ensuing registrations, but UNCHECK the Mic and Pedal settings. The provides you with the same mic and pedal settings when those new registrations are creating.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#250027 - 12/03/08 10:18 AM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks again for the info - all figured out.

What I have found is the timing/technique using pedal fills is totally different than sustain and Leslie control.

I'm not sure why arrangers have a bad rap amoung "real" musicians, I'm having big fun with mine.

#250028 - 12/03/08 12:46 PM Re: PSR 2000 Fills - Pedal Assignment?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
In most instances, the folks that make a living with an arranger keyboard ARE real musicians--they're just a lot smarter now that they no longer have to pay all those other players. Consequently, this really pisses off the other players, thus the bad rap.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online