SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#249841 - 11/29/08 02:10 PM Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Dnj Offline

THought I'd start a new Topic here for this.

#249842 - 11/29/08 05:04 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
zuki Offline

Embarrased to say I've had no time to get this done. When I transfer my Christmas tunes to my road board, I'll do it then - next week.

Is it OK to load in the OS2 and be able to save all the files that are currently loaded in the board

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#249843 - 11/29/08 05:59 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
Thanks for asking....
In my case pretty darn good.
I am having a good time wth DNC sounds and have figured out most of what makes them tick...very flexable and capable system. I have not made my own sound using the DNC yet, but I will.

Also, believe it or not, I have just lately been discovering the SUPERB PADS. I have used them in the past WITH styles...but have discoverd how great they are on thier own! They have some real nice, fairly simple accomapyments to play to WITHOUT even turning the style on.

The new styles (26 of them) are very nice as well and I am trying tem in different songs.

I have to order a Korg EC-5 so I can use foot pedals with the DNC sounds to make it nicer to play. The DNC sounds however do have nice functions by just legato vs stacato.

There has been a few issues reported by a few people, and Korg is on it, getting any symptoms so they can fix them quickly.

I think the biggest issue is the use of user drum kits that use factory sounds. There is a workaround, but I know Korg is woring on a better solution. I (like most)don't have any so it does not effect me.

My keyboard is playing just fine with OS2.

Of course we are still identifying and requesting solutions to a few minor things of which most were there for a long time.

Meanwhile, I am having fun with all the nice PADS, and have made my own piano arpeggio sequence on a PAD. Is was very easy.

Lee

#249844 - 11/29/08 06:06 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Zuki,
you're missing out on some great voices & some brand new styles.
I did a "save all" , plus I did save's of, pads, styles etc & well as a backup of my board before I installed . I wasn't taking any chances losing my files.
You have to load the new operating system as well as the new resources, so it will wipe your existing stuff. You just have to load your stuff back in after the upgrade.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Embarrased to say I've had no time to get this done. When I transfer my Christmas tunes to my road board, I'll do it then - next week.

Is it OK to load in the OS2 and be able to save all the files that are currently loaded in the board

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-29-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#249845 - 11/29/08 06:10 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Lee,

Glad to hear the new OS is working for you.

On the Yamaha pads there is no "on bass" chord recognition...the pad always plays the root regardless of the chord inversion being played.

In other words, slash chords aren't recognized..e.g. C/G or Dm/G or F/A etc.

Will the Korg pads recognize "on bass" or bass inversion?

Ian

#249846 - 11/29/08 06:37 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Lee,
if you're really enjoying your pads, have you considered turning some of those great guitar mode tracks into a pad.

Didn't realize you didn't have the EC5 board. You won't know yourself, it's so handy.

If I understood the thread correctly on the issue of the user drumkits, the problem appears to be arising from drumkits that were created on the "PA80 keyboards??" and the kits have never been saved on a PA800/PA2X.
I'm guessing that's why some users are having problems & others not. PA800 user kits, no problem wheras PA80 kits you have to individually save on your PA800/Pa2x before doing the upgrade. Then apparently they'll work.
Anyway, that's how I understood it.
Hasn't affected me either.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by leeboy:
[B]

Also, believe it or not, I have just lately been discovering the SUPERB PADS. I have used them in the past WITH styles...but have discoverd how great they are on thier own! They have some real nice, fairly simple accomapyments to play to WITHOUT even turning the style on.

I have to order a Korg EC-5 so I can use foot pedals with the DNC sounds to make it nicer to play. The DNC sounds however do have nice functions by just legato vs stacato.

I think the biggest issue is the use of user drum kits that use factory sounds. There is a workaround, but I know Korg is woring on a better solution. I (like most)don't have any so it does not effect me.

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-29-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#249847 - 11/29/08 06:59 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
OS 2.0 on the Korg is wonderful. I have just been putting my Christmas program together and the Jazz/ Big Band Styles and Performance sound sets are just wonderful.
Wow!
They have definitely done something with all the styles, because I am hearing stuff that never came through before.
In the current economy I could not consider a new keyboard, so this is a real gift!
Graham

#249848 - 11/29/08 06:59 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
luv the new voices, very happy to have some new styles, especially latin & the 2 new orchestral styles.
We got a couple of updated functions that's going to make style editing a bit quicker.
The new Cue function for variations is very handy & probably going to make users of song based styles particularly happy.

The other biggy is Notation & Text.

Notation I'll possibly find handy as I sometimes import a style part into the PA800 sequencer for additional editing that can't be done in the style creation editor itself.
I like being able to see notes.
My upgrade is working well.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
THought I'd start a new Topic here for this.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#249849 - 11/29/08 10:00 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Dnj Offline

I would say Korg really hit the mark on OS2..especially for free, everyone seems to love it so far.

Good Luck !!

#249850 - 11/30/08 04:08 AM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Bachus Offline

Any good video's showing this OS2 ?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online