SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#249861 - 12/04/08 09:34 AM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
kimbol Offline

Loc: Toronto,Canada
Hi members, I am using the pads for the very first time. Can anyone instruct me.Ihave tried to use the pad function with no success.I press on pads then the 4 pad types show up and then i press salsa piano and nothing happens? Help please.

P.S. Rikki could you please send me your jazz / bigband /and latin styles that you sent to nick.I believe these are converted styles for korg pa800. Much appreciated.My E-mail is kimbol@can.rogers.com
Thanks, John

#249862 - 12/04/08 07:11 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
zuki Offline

John - do this:

1. Keep your display page ON
2. Go the pads as they show up on the screen
3. press pad 1 (for example)
4. choose a pad sound
5. play pad 1 and you should have what you chose
6. you must save the pads in the songbook, or they'll revert back to the default ones.

extremely easy.

also - you can change volumes, pans, etc in the menu button under pads.

if you have two pads playing at the same time and want to cancel just one, hold down the pad button and the one you want to cancel.

good luck

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#249863 - 12/04/08 08:18 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Zuki,
Yep. that orchetral ballad is really neat!
Now I'm enthused to do some of my own...and Andrew LLoyde Webber's stuff is what I love.

Lee

#249864 - 12/05/08 10:53 AM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
kimbol Offline

Loc: Toronto,Canada
Hi Zuki;
Thanks for your reply.I must be doing something wrong or my Pa800 is screwed up.I followed your instructions and there is nothing happening at all!!I press on pads then press the pad sound i want and then i play the keys and Nothing is happening( No Sound !!)What do you think may be wrong? I have checked everything out on the new operating system and everything seems fine except the pad function.It must be me but What?I have never used this function before ,but i have read that it is quite a useful function espically if i want a good accompaniment to my right hand playing. Help!!!!!

John

#249865 - 12/05/08 03:55 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
zuki Offline

John,

When you bring up the pads...

Are you hitting the pad keys? And nothing happens?

Check your pad volumes through the menu button under pads. That will show you what the vol, pans, etc. are.

Are you in style mode?

Something is not right...should work fine.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#249866 - 12/06/08 02:17 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
John,
The only way to get pads to play is press Pad1, Pad2. Pad3 or Pad4...they do not play with the keys.
Lee

#249867 - 12/07/08 06:00 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Dnj Offline

Ok so is OS2 a vast improvement?....is there still more to be accomplished in OS3 down the road if at all either FREE or for a price?

#249868 - 12/07/08 07:22 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
IMHO there is not much improvement with OS-2.0. They included a lot of toys that most gigging musicians will find useless. I was personally hoping for a refined effects section with at least 6 or 7 independent DSP's, but Korg seems to be slightly behind the competition in quality of DSP's, as well as quantity. Furthermore, the useless quarter tone user scales should have been designed in the same way as on Korg Triton. Believe it or not, many arranger players world wide lug the triton around just because of the user scales. Another improvement could have been made with the BRASS section. I think that the trumpets and brass are weak in general.

Finally, OS 2.0 should have included optional keybed replacement for the pa800, and a user friendly software editor for easier organization and merging of SET's, styles etc.

Let's see what OS 3.0 looks like!

[This message has been edited by hitman (edited 12-07-2008).]

#249869 - 12/07/08 07:31 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Dnj Offline

Hitman thanks for the very informative & honest reply its appreciated. Hopefully there will be someday be a OS3 that is created with player INPUT & not a totally new Model leaving PA users behind.

What bothers me about Korg PA arrangers is their OS Folder system.....there are just too many steps involved to load files, juggle, delete, etc.. or just try out one styles, everything is in SETS Argggggg!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-07-2008).]

#249870 - 12/07/08 08:14 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
IMHO there is not much improvement with OS-2.0. They included a lot of toys that most gigging musicians will find useless. I was personally hoping for a refined effects section with at least 6 or 7 independent DSP's, but Korg seems to be slightly behind the competition in quality of DSP's, as well as quantity. Furthermore, the useless quarter tone user scales should have been designed in the same way as on Korg Triton. Believe it or not, many arranger players world wide lug the triton around just because of the user scales. Another improvement could have been made with the BRASS section. I think that the trumpets and brass are weak in general.

Finally, OS 2.0 should have included optional keybed replacement for the pa800, and a user friendly software editor for easier organization and merging of SET's, styles etc.

Yikes! Do you even LIKE this amazing keyboard? It sounds like you are not happy with it. I, on the other hand - LOVE mine, and have never sounded better. The fixes in 1.6 were more important to me than this current upgrade, but I haven't road tested it yet. It works too well to think I'm missing anything.

While the FX section is harder to buddy up to than some, I think the sound and quality is top notch. There is still no one that beats the harmonizer. On board or out.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online