hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Sunny,

You got mail.

Hammer

#249627 - 11/30/08 06:37 AM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Does anyone know what equalizer and compressor settings used by Yamaha demonstrators including Peter Bartsman on Tyros3?

Sunny

#249628 - 11/30/08 09:12 AM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Sunny,
Maybe these can give you some idea, the page contains links to screen caps.

Tyros 1, 2 & 9000 pro EQ and Compressor settings from Mr. Voncken's website: http://www.michelvoncken.com/pages/downloads/eq-settings-sp500.php

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 11-30-2008).]

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 11-30-2008).]

#249629 - 11/30/08 09:17 AM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Hmmmm....
I think we can compare the different taste regarding sound streaming into
our ears as we have different opinion when we smell or taste food.

No matter who or how played, we'll experience this in a very personal way.
Either we like what we hear, or we don't.
Lucky us that we can adjust a lot by use of EQ and effects and choose between
different PA equipment to make it sund just as we like.

I find this topic similiar as when discuss religion. We can carry on discuss
it forever, but we should agree on that we won't nessesary have to come to
any common conclusion about whats the right or wrong.
Guess that's why we witness countless conflicts and wars, never ending story....

All that said, I agree that the factory demos should mirror the keyboards as
it is out of the box, and then maybe make a more in depth demo where some of
the possibilites and settings for personal satisfaction could be displyed.

Happy Playing & Listening
GJ

+111111111

Thats why everyones music has a different sound. There is NO GOOD OR BAD in today's boards. One either likes it or they don't.

The better you know your board the more you can coax out of it. But you have to like it from the start regardless of what others think, feel, or hear..

Set your sights on the end user of your product and you will sleep better and save a ton of money. IF they like you music you can give it to them on a cassette tape. IF they don't, a $100,000 recording studio will make do difference.....IT's all about the song.

$2000 outboard gear will be akin to putting lipstick on a pig if they don't like the song.Focus on your target listener.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-30-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#249630 - 11/30/08 10:44 AM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Sunny,
Maybe these can give you some idea, the page contains links to screen caps.

Tyros 1, 2 & 9000 pro EQ and Compressor settings from Mr. Voncken's website: http://www.michelvoncken.com/pages/downloads/eq-settings-sp500.php

]

It's interesting how modest the settings that Yamaha (including Michel) use for the Ty1,2,3. EQ's are close to flat or even slightly frown face compared with some users who have chosen to use predominantly smileface and sometimes hugely so - often abetted by the desire to boost overall volume through use of the EQ page's "Total Gain Adj." control.

On Ty3 I've been able to back off to Flat EQ with compressor off- so it's now set to out of the box. (although not using MS02 speakers).
Here's a recording using SA2 voices on Ty3 (and NOT using the SA buttons or pitch wheel!) which was done using those settings.
It sounds OK in my room with my speaker set up, although whether it sounds acceptable to other listeners will depend on theirs.
http://www.box.net/shared/mhala0rn7h

John

#249631 - 11/30/08 12:59 PM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I think what you have to realize is when Yamaha and "company" do these elaborate demos of their keyboards, their team of sound engineers and stage men are all professionals of long standing for the most part, and as such, are experts in their field and know what they're doing. They also have some of the best equipment in the known universe at which to make their keyboards sound brilliantly fabulous; including artists like Peter Baartmans with his shear brilliance on the keys themselves. So what?? Well.., if you have a similar Sound System setup as what Yamaha has when they demo a particular keyboard (in this case a Tyros3), then your Tyros3 will also sound similar in its sound output as what you would hear in the demo - in this case Peter Baartmans demo of a T3.

Those makeshift wannabe factory sound system speakers sold for the Tyros/2/3 do NOT do the Tyros3 justice no matter how you slice and dice (adjust) them. You need a "professional" set of PRO Audio speakers (and an excellent subwoofer for extended Bass, in my opinion) to really make the Tyros3 (or any other respectable keyboard) truly shine. It also helps if you, the player of the instrument, can help make it shine too. The actual keyboardist's playing ability is, in my estimation, at least 75% of the equation when it comes to making a keyboard really sparkle and shine. Of course, the sounds emanating from the keyboard itself are a big determining factor as well. You need to have a trumpet sound like a trumpet, a trombone to sound like a trombone, an AC.Piano voice to sound like a real acoustical Grand, etc. A brilliant player will be able to put those "potentially" excellent sounds to their best use though, of course.

Best,
Mike

#249632 - 11/30/08 01:35 PM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Many of their members read SZ...do you think should try being nicer in case you need help again?
One should be careful not to burn bridges.
Ian

So IAn are you saying that members will actually & intentionally go out of their way to Not help someone because they weren't nice at some point?

#249633 - 11/30/08 01:45 PM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
So IAn are you saying that members will actually & intentionally go out of their way to Not help someone because they weren't nice at some point?

It is not wise to tell the man that is carrying you that he stinks.

Ian

#249634 - 11/30/08 03:10 PM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
John,
I enjoyed your music, thanks for sharing.

#249635 - 11/30/08 03:20 PM Re: Tyros 3 Live sound vs recorded sound
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:

On Ty3 I've been able to back off to Flat EQ with compressor off- so it's now set to out of the box. (although not using MS02 speakers).

I've done the same, John, and this also works very well with Yamaha Stagepas 300/500 which I use on my clinics/demos.

Also sounds great on my Yamaha MS60S powered monitors that I use at home.

Nice playing, by the way, and don't you just love that Sax...ahhh, pure heaven.

Ian

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online