SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#248687 - 11/19/08 06:25 PM Steve Deming Gets A+++++
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s

I received a call from Steve , just to see if I was satisfied with my T-3 and to ask if I had any questions.

I did have a couple , and we worked over the phone and it had to do with non Yamaha samples.

I explained that "it worked before , but it wasn`t working now".

So he took the time to work the problem over the phone , and even took the time to call back with a solution , so now I know what I was doing wrong.

This my friends is real customer support , just a follow up call , that turns into real help.

Steve , you are A-OK !! , and thanks again for the assist.

How many other companies or people would go to such lengths to follow up and solve a problem , before it really became a hassle.

Once again Yamaha and Steve prove why buying Yamaha is a very good deal !!

Thanks and take care

Gary 

#248688 - 11/19/08 06:35 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
zuki Offline

A man who cares about his job and customers

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#248689 - 11/19/08 07:31 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
You bet "Zuki" , how many other reps keep an eye on this forum and it`s members.

Now I know that I made the right choice !!

Later

Gary 

#248690 - 11/19/08 09:50 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Ditto.....!

------------------
mdorantes

#248691 - 11/19/08 11:43 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
I've had great interactions with him as well and agree with your grade.
Tom

#248692 - 11/20/08 01:27 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Steve is one thing Yamaha has that no other company does...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#248693 - 11/20/08 07:28 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I hope Steve's manager sees this post....does anyone know if he/she will?

Maybe we could find out who that person is and forward the link to them?

Maybe I should get a T3 just to have Steve on my side??? :-)

Lee

#248694 - 11/20/08 08:09 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Ageed now if he can get my wife off my back and tell me how to save her hours of mix changes on a MIDI file using registration.....

She was up until 4AM working on a Sequence, I asked her this AM wht the TYROS is ON .She said she could not save her changes!!

Damm if she wasn't right. I dropped one slider hit memory and a registration saved it and recalled it all was back to normal. Didn;t have the hear to tell her ALL he changes were lost........Steve will be getting a call. IF this simple task cannot be done I will have to buy a serious WS like the Motif or M3 keep it as a fun to playback toy.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#248695 - 11/20/08 08:14 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
IF this simple task cannot be done I will have to buy a serious WS like the Motif or M3 keep it as a fun to playback toy.

A Pa800/Pa2X will do it too

Kind regards,
Tommy

#248696 - 11/20/08 08:51 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Revoicing Pre-recorded SMF Song Files on a TYROS

Individual Song Track Parameters such as Voice, Volume, Pan, Tempo, etc. can be changed by using the 'MIXING CONSOLE' function.

1) Load a Song

2) Press the [MIXING CONSOLE] button repeatedly to select Song Channels 1 - 8 or Channels 9 – 16.

3) Press the [C] button to select the 'VOICE' section in the screen.

4) Press the [^] toggle button under the display for a desired Channel and select a new Voice.

5) Press [EXIT] to return to the Mixing Console page.

6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all tracks are revoiced as desired.

7) Press the [DIGITAL RECORDING] button.

8) Press the [A] button to select 'SONG CREATOR'.

9) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to display the 'CHANNEL' page in the screen.

10) Use the [A] and buttons to select 'SET UP' in the screen.

NOTE: Make sure the song is rewound to the top of the track

11) Press the [D] button “EXECUTE”

Saving the Edited Song:
1) Press the [I] button to select 'SAVE'.

2) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to select the destination.

3) Press the '6' [v] toggle button to select 'SAVE'.

4) If necessary, rename the Song using the toggle buttons under the screen.

5) Press the '8' [^] toggle button to select 'OK' and save the Song.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
[B]Ageed now if he can get my wife off my back and tell me how to save her hours of mix changes on a MIDI file using registration.....

She was up until 4AM working on a Sequence, I asked her this AM wht the TYROS is ON .She said she could not save her changes!!

Damm if she wasn't right. I dropped one slider hit memory and a registration saved it and recalled it all was back to normal. Didn;t have the hear to tell her ALL he changes were lost........Steve will be getting a call. IF this simple task cannot be done I will have to buy a serious WS like the Motif or M3 keep it as a fun to playback toy.

#248697 - 11/20/08 09:06 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I too have had great service from Steve. Posted a question on the Yamaha site and got a call within 24 hours from Steve and a follow up call a few days later.

Hammer

#248698 - 11/20/08 05:01 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TommyF:
A Pa800/Pa2X will do it too

Kind regards,
Tommy

Korg PA2x.....Been there, done it, bought the T-shirt....no go for me on the Korg..Feeatures are great and Korg has a ton of them, most of which I ont use...as a workstation this idea of copying the Tyros sequence to a USB and reloading in Sonar is much much easier than recording directly to Cakewak. Edit and send back theough MIDI.orks like a dream.

It's all about the voices for me and availability of of styles Otherwise why by aan arranger when a aorkstation would do fjust fine.) and now voice packs which will be released at one set per month.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-20-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#248699 - 11/21/08 10:14 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
Revoicing Pre-recorded SMF Song Files on a TYROS

Individual Song Track Parameters such as Voice, Volume, Pan, Tempo, etc. can be changed by using the 'MIXING CONSOLE' function.

1) Load a Song

2) Press the [MIXING CONSOLE] button repeatedly to select Song Channels 1 - 8 or Channels 9 – 16.

3) Press the [C] button to select the 'VOICE' section in the screen.

4) Press the [^] toggle button under the display for a desired Channel and select a new Voice.

5) Press [EXIT] to return to the Mixing Console page.

6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all tracks are revoiced as desired.

7) Press the [DIGITAL RECORDING] button.

8) Press the [A] button to select 'SONG CREATOR'.

9) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to display the 'CHANNEL' page in the screen.

10) Use the [A] and [b] buttons to select 'SET UP' in the screen.

NOTE: Make sure the song is rewound to the top of the track

11) Press the [D] button “EXECUTE”

Saving the Edited Song:
1) Press the [I] button to select 'SAVE'.

2) Use the [BACK] and [NEXT] buttons to select the destination.

3) Press the '6' [v] toggle button to select 'SAVE'.

4) If necessary, rename the Song using the toggle buttons under the screen.

5) Press the '8' [^] toggle button to select 'OK' and save the Song.

THIS is one of the many reasons I bought the Yamaha and why the Yamaha sells as many Arrangers as they do.

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT.....Immediate no robo calls, holds for eternity,

I am prt of that equation. Every one I sell I offer in store help at any time after the sale. I sometimes spend an hour or more going through it with them, If I get stuck I call Yamaha and get immediate help. No customer is left to fend for them selves or told to read the manual. I will show them where the answer is in the manual as well becasue I know its a hassle for them to have to come to the store for something simple.

The BONUS is I LEARN with them. WIn for the customer, Win for me, Win for Yamaha.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#248700 - 11/21/08 11:01 AM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
Beakybird Offline

I agree. Steve is wonderful. Several months back, I posted a thread that Steve responded to. I had a problem with some SA voices on my PSR-S900. Steve invited me to call him to figure out what the problem was.

I figured it out on my own. It was a polyphony issue. The SA voice sounded fine solo, but on some busy styles, some fast runs do not sound good. Probably not a problem on the T2 because it has more polyphony.

Back to Steve Demming. When I had received two faulty PSR-S900s in a row (The first batch had occasional quality control problems), Steve called me on the phone. Even though I had damaged the finish on one of these keyboards, Steve told me to tell Sweetwater that Yamaha would accept the keyboard for a return. Now that was exceptional service.

I own two PSR-S900s, and they are top quality keyboards. One has been through about 600-700 gigs since I bought it, and it performs flawlessly time after time. I also own a handmade Yamaha LL400 acoustic guitar that I am super happy with.

Go Steve!

Beakybird

#248701 - 11/23/08 02:35 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"It was a polyphony issue. The SA voice sounded fine solo, but on some busy styles, some fast runs do not sound good. Probably not a problem on the T2 because it has more polyphony.

Larry, the S900 has the same amount of polyphony that the T2 does i.e. a maximum of 128 notes. So, if you experienced polyphony dropout on the S900 you can rest assured you would have also had note drop out while doing the same thing on a T2. Unless, of course, the Tyros2 has a more efficient allocation method than the S900 does. Which it possibly could have seeing the price big difference.

>> I vote for Yamaha giving Steve a much deserved raise. All in favor say aye! AYE!.., AYE!, yep AYE! here, same over here as well.. AYE! Back in the back.. AYE!! You over there in the front row, was that an AYE?? AYE!!! Any opposed?? *crickets chirping*.... The ayes have it.

Best,
Mike

#248702 - 11/23/08 08:51 PM Re: Steve Deming Gets A+++++
Dnj Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online