SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#247806 - 11/10/08 12:30 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I have a Korg pa2x and a T3, and I prefer the T3 non-touch screen.

I have to agree: on a touch screen is MUCH easier to press the wrong "button" (or area); I can't remember the times when, while renaming a style or a multipad, I pressed by mistake the "cancel" button (instead of "OK") and had to start to type the name again.

And... to me multipads are a Godsend: on my PA2X Pro I have created my own multipads with sampled grooves, but even on the Tyros 2 there are multipads that are very tasty and you can always create your own. The problem is that it takes time to understand how this can be done but this means also really making the keyboard your own.

#247807 - 11/10/08 12:45 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
is it just me or did a block of posts in this thread get deleted?

#247808 - 11/10/08 02:12 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Small touch screens can be a problem if the layouts of the onscreen features have been poorly optimised (Laid out) for the size of the screen. (This is not a fault with the screen but a poorly designed GUI)
The larger the screen the more information can be included on a page, and quite frankly the size and layout of the Tyros 3 screen, is just crying out to have touch sensitivity added.

Bill

#247809 - 11/10/08 03:03 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
is it just me or did a block of posts in this thread get deleted?

Yep....there was a Nigelectomy performed...useless banter was removed.

#247810 - 11/10/08 03:26 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I have both, touchscreen(E50) and buttons (S900). I prefer buttons.
About multi pads, I have created my own bossa nova pads that I look upon very usefull.
Chico

#247811 - 11/10/08 04:46 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Chony,

Yea, but admit it...how many times have you touched the Tyros screen thinking it was a touch screen after playing the Pa2?????

c'mon, go ahead, admit it...???

LOL
Al

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I have a Korg pa2x and a T3, and I prefer the T3 non-touch screen.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#247812 - 11/10/08 04:48 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Whether you like them or not, touch screens are a great implementation for manufacturers because they do not require a physical implementation to trigger a feature. Meaning, the Operating system can be written with any kind of functionality AFTER the board is produced and assembled regardless of the tactile or physical buttons/knobs/sliders physically present on the board.

This is what enables a few manufacturers to deliver new features with Operating system releases.

JMTC
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#247813 - 11/10/08 04:59 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Phanoo Offline

Loc: france
that can be also done with buttons near of the screen !
for example, you have buttons on the right of the screen, and the screen displays the function of each button.

#247814 - 11/10/08 05:05 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
musicmanht Offline

Loc: Leonding, AUSTRIA
Yamaha have color touch screens! Not on their keyboards but on all STAGEA organ models and on the D-Deck multikeyboard, I think that the integration of a touch screen is more expensive and till now not important enough to integrate in arranger keys?

DDEck => http://www.yamaha.co.jp/d-deck/function/index.html

#247815 - 11/10/08 05:28 AM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Touch screens are sometimes intermittent, you very often have to hit the screen twice....no good in a live performance.
The best touch screen so far is Roland, the Korg Icons are too small.
The button press is positive, so that is possibly why Yamaha still use this approach.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online