SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#247796 - 11/09/08 07:18 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Multipads are so cool....they should be on every arranger.
Ian

You dislike like midi file playing but you love corny multipads? Hmmmmmmm? sorry but to me they wreak repetitiveness never had a need for them. And if I'm correct on the PA800 the multipads didn't shut off exactly when the style ended? I hated that besides the Fills issues..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-09-2008).]

#247797 - 11/09/08 07:25 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
You dislike like midi file playing but you love corny multipads? Hmmmmmmm?

Its like we have to get the 'ok' or approval to make a statement but you guys can freely express your opinions and we have o all sit back and just take it...

Donny, you and Fran would have to be the first people I have ever heard of that claim Multipads are corney or useless... And funny enough the keyboards you both have don't include them.

#247798 - 11/09/08 07:25 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Touch screens have some inherent problems, which is why some electronics manufacturers have recently went back to buttons, menus and sub-menus. Some of this is due to the physical mechanics behind touch screen technology, which has not changed significantly over the past decade.

Similar to buttons, touch screen connections have a certain number of times that the screen button can be accessed. And, like all switches, that number depends upon how hard that area of the screen is pushed.

The biggest problem is replacement. With buttons, in most instances a single button can be replaced at a relatively low cost. Replacement of a touch screen is very costly.

I'll stick with Yamaha's buttons--they've never let me down.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#247799 - 11/09/08 07:26 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
You dislike like midi file playing but you love corny multipads? Hmmmmmmm?

They are only corny under your fingers, Donny...they work fine for the rest of us.

If you're just singing over a SMF, you probably wouldn't need them.

Ian

#247800 - 11/09/08 07:28 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/cheerleaders/Cheerleader.asp?cheerleader_id=8

The pom poms came with the package..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-09-2008).]

#247801 - 11/09/08 07:29 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
It's not Donny or Fran I'm worried about. It's someone with more pom poms and bs....

Probably the same one who frightened Donny into buying the E-60...

#247802 - 11/09/08 08:05 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Its like we have to get the 'ok' or approval to make a statement but you guys can freely express your opinions and we have o all sit back and just take it...

Donny, you and Fran would have to be the first people I have ever heard of that claim Multipads are corney or useless... And funny enough the keyboards you both have don't include them.

nick dont forget many of the kbs I've owned DID have MP's

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-09-2008).]

#247803 - 11/09/08 08:12 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Seriously on a side note....How many folks still believe that the Roland operating system is NOT better than Yamaha or Korg and even Ketron....for shear ease of doing what you want to do..I believe know one does it better...

Any other views.....from someone that has experience with all..

Well why not..I'll throw my bit in...
Firstly..arranger boards I have owned AND used, not just tried in the shop.....

RA-50...VA76...PA1xPro...SD1+...Midjay...E-50...PA800...Tyros 1...PA2xPro...Tyros 2...G70

Okay in order of preference for JUST the operational aspects (but also including Midi aspects as well) as specified by Fran....

Korg PA series and G70/E50 dead even (they do things differently, but just as easily when you figure out how)
VA76
Tyros 2
Tyros 1
SD1+
Midjay
RA-50

Just my view, for what it's worth..

Dennis

#247804 - 11/09/08 09:53 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
After using the Triton for many eyars and the PA2x for 4 months I am glad not to have the touch screen. No messy screen and no misshits.

I wouldn't get one on a cell phone either.Nokia N95 8GB all the way.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#247805 - 11/09/08 11:10 PM Re: When will Yamaha ever catch up & include a touch screen on the Arrangers?....
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I have a Korg pa2x and a T3, and I prefer the T3 non-touch screen.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online