SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#247764 - 11/09/08 08:37 AM E-80 at unbelieveable price
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I found this on the Metro Detroit Craigslist. I am doubtful this is legit, but if it is... somebody grab it quickly.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/908351465.html

#247765 - 11/09/08 09:19 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Out of curiosity, I emailed the seller, asking if I could pick it up in person.
Haven't heard back.
DonM

#247766 - 11/09/08 09:39 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Don, if you get a positive reply, I can pick it up for you and send it to you.

#247767 - 11/09/08 09:39 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is a fraud.., or the unit is hot. I'd scan the net to make sure "the photos" aren't from another auction elsewhere (by a completey different seller).

Play it safe.., call Roland US. Then have them run the Ser. Number to see if the unit is even registered.

Understand guys..., it's getting closer to Christmas. Scammers really prey on people this time of year. You really have to use common sense with these types of sales. The unit listed here is supposed to be "mint". This keyboard sells for over $3,000 new and this seller is letting it go for a mere $700. RED FLAG!

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-09-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#247768 - 11/09/08 10:50 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guess What!!!!!!It was in The Pittsburgh area craigslist also...I check it daily being I Live only 60 miles North...SCAM written all over it to me. Just for Giggles I e-mailed. Two Days later received an E-mail.
I was correct, Typical SCAM. It was a Pretty good one at that! NON-tracking...By the way He Even used the photo's from a Legit E-bay E-80 current App $3000 listing...Check it out!...Best Wishes

#247769 - 11/09/08 11:35 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
the serial number used, if they are numerical is then over 50,000 later then mine. Did Roland really sell that many of these keyboards.
Incidently the list price on this keyboard new was 4990.00, and was only sold by piano stores who did not offer much in the way of discounts if any,
Bb

#247770 - 11/09/08 11:39 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just took a second look at the E-bay listing Item 150308397717.....Gee, He even used the stolen Description!...To Lazy to do His own. Most likely don't know anything about a Arranger or even how to turn one on!
But a Real Scum at Taking People's Money...This ia little off Subject but: I recently was looking for a Pre-owned Kubota Sub Compact Tractor for My Brother in Law...I Watched Craigslist(Local as I can Get)...We Suceeded very well...Drove 60 miles,Inspected the unit,etc.He and Family was Moving to eastern Pa...Saved at least $4000 on the unit...But CAUTION on Craigslist even advertised locally BECAREFUL...Checked one add on tractor...Believe this...Stolen pictures first,said in reply e-mail the unit was on his farm in TEXAS (I'm in Pa)...Just Send $4000 and He would ship it free...Remember this tractor weighed close to 2000 lbs!....Beeeeeeeee Careful My Friends

#247771 - 11/10/08 07:58 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here's the reply. It's the same old scam.

Hello,

My name is Jonathan Parker and I am now in London, United Kingdom (I was sent here wih my work).
Because this is an US version I cannot sell it here and also I cannot use it here. I made an order for a new Roland E-80 Keyboard for UK use and I need the money from this sale to pay it. The keyboard will come in orignal box with all papers, keyboard was use it about 30 hours in the warranty is still available, the price is US $700 with shipping included.
We can close a deal ASAP.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Roland E-80 Keyboard in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called DHL which is similar to Fedex, TNT or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the Roland E-80 Keyboard .
I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the Roland E-80 Keyboard only after you will receive it and through this way you will see it and test it before I receive my payment.
Please click on the link bellow to the DHL website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained: http://www.dhl.com/en_generic/about/ournews/euexpansion.html
Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Roland E-80 Keyboard right away.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work .
1) First you will have to send me your full name and address. I will need them for the shipping.
2) I go to the DHL store and leave the Roland E-80 Keyboard onto your name as the intended receiver.
3) DHL will check the Roland E-80 Keyboard to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Roland E-80 Keyboard.
4) DHL will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Roland E-80 Keyboard, in which you will be told that they have the Roland E-80 Keyboard and that they checked it.
5) At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a money deposit on the DHL payment agent name for the amount we agreed .
6) After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money deposit to DHL (MTCN, sender's name and address)
7) DHL will verify the payment informations and if everything is in order they will deliver the Roland E-80 Keyboard to you .
8) After you receive the Roland E-80 Keyboard , check it and see that all is in order you will instruct DHL to send me the informations about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds .
I will pay DHL for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for the Money Transfer fee .
Let me know if we can do this.

Thanks

#247772 - 11/10/08 09:17 AM Re: E-80 at unbelieveable price
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've seen this scam 100 times. It's not even London based. These are scammers from Nigeria. I saw a special on TV once about these scammers in Nigeria. You should see the "internet shacks" they send this crap out from. On the special, the Nigerian police raded one of these shacks.., and caught two guys in the act of typing a bogus email to launder money. It's really sad too. These Nigerian low-lifes even have well known Nigerian musicians that write songs promoting "scamming American's".
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online