SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#245147 - 10/17/08 06:19 AM Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Well, the economic woes have now effected me personally – in a small way at least.
Just the other night, I was sharing with restaurant patrons that I did not know anyone who had lost a house to foreclosure or who had lost a job etc. Then yesterday, I received a call from my regular Thursday gig, a restaurant that I have played year around for over 8 years, asking me not to go to work as business has fallen off so sharply for the entire week. They were doing a major cutback across the board – for 'this week only', he stressed. I’ve not had any other cancellations, but who knows what’s coming.
Just in case, we should all learn how to apply for some of that 'bail-out' money.
Ciao,
Jerry

#245148 - 10/17/08 06:46 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
We ain't getting any of that money. Washington bails out all these huge companies that (for the most part) put themselves in the position they are in today, but John and Jane Doe tax payer has to foot the bills for these companies.

I know several people that have lost homes, but I don't know if I should feel bad for them. The people I know made very poor financial decisions..., bought houses they really couldn't afford, lived outside of their means, and are now paying the price for that. What burns me is these large companies that make the same mistake get bailed out by the governement, and you get tons of people like my wife and I who pay our bills, are never late on any payments, and make good financial decisions.., now have to watch our tax dollars go to bail others out.

If all these jerks who drove these companies into the ground get bail-outs..., then damn-it I want another stim. check! They're getting rewarded for bad decisions.. Why can't those of us who pay our bills get another stim. check????

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-17-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245149 - 10/17/08 07:03 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
As a result of this whole thing...there is a lot of people that should be paying hefty fines AND be in JAIL!

And some of them are in Washington, still making bad decisions today!
Lee

#245150 - 10/17/08 07:59 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I think we should ask Joe The Plumber !

#245151 - 10/17/08 08:27 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
squeak_D Offline

I wouldn't ask Joe now that they've done some research on who this guy really is.... Joe couldn't even afford to buy his boss's company if he wanted to...., and the man's connections and associations scream of "political set-up"....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245152 - 10/17/08 09:21 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I LOVE when they say the "investment" gains (which I have no doubt will be fairly huge when things recover) will go back to the taxpayers,,,,,...meaning the Government coffers,,,Not the taxpayers. We are the taxpayers. Palin gave the gas taxes money BACK to the TAXPAYERS.

Surely we won't see a dime. It will be windfall for the government ensure the future votes of the "unfortunate"who did not pay for their homes but get to keep them......I know no one who is losing their homes.Except may the girl won the "bidding" and recieved a 100% mortgage on a home I sold in Las Vegas three years ago for stupid money. I moved then to benefit from idiots. I will do it again.

We are looking into renunciation of citizenship and expatriation seriously and keep a home here but move to Costa Rica or the Bahamas if Obama gets elected. Why bother trying to grow a business? Obama Reid and Pelosi along with a filibuster proof congress will certainly hurt those who have gain some modicum of financial success for the beneift of the "less fortunate", I know who they are. I see them with thier cell phones and $2000 rims on their Acura RXs

I don't understand the logic of redistribution or "spreading" of earned wealth. Even If you have multi millions or billions so be it. But keeping $100k out of $200,000 is ridiculous and when added to the rest of the taxes one pays in every other area of the economy......I understand charity but we should have a choice where and to whom and how much we give OUR earned money to.

They will do nothing but spend the next 4 years making excuses and blaming the last eight while creating the environment Jimmy Carter did.

Rant over.
http://www.hiscovenantministries.org/mans_law/exodus.htm

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-17-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245153 - 10/17/08 09:24 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Dnj Offline

Not To Worry

#245154 - 10/17/08 09:53 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
squeak_D Offline

That's a good photoshop pic too. Gotta give it to her though..., Palin already has a figure like that!

#245155 - 10/17/08 10:27 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Shame about the oral part of the exam, though...

She was doing SO WELL as a pinup...

I bet Obama wishes he had picked Halle Berry now

Has anyone told Palin yet that, even though Cheney shot a MAN while hunting, this isn't actually one of the perks? I bet she is already packing the hollow points!

#245156 - 10/17/08 10:52 AM Re: Will we be able to get a piece of the $700 Billion
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If I were a certain State Trooper up in Alaska, I'd be buying some Dragon Skin if she gets elected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online