SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#244777 - 10/13/08 04:14 PM New or Older Bose L1 System?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
How much difference in money would be worth buying a new latest version of the Bose L1 system rather than a new older version of the Bose L1 system?

Hammer

#244778 - 10/13/08 05:40 PM Re: New or Older Bose L1 System?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hammer, come on over and you can a/b them.
I have two of the older ones, HankB has a new one.
If you get the new one, you MUST get the extra dedicated mixer also. I simply use a regular mixer when I need one.
This makes the older system quite a bit less expensive.
I've used both and it's hard to tell any difference in sound. The new one is a little lighter in weight, but negligible.
DonM

#244779 - 10/14/08 09:06 PM Re: New or Older Bose L1 System?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
How much difference in money would be worth buying a new latest version of the Bose L1 system rather than a new older version of the Bose L1 system?

Hammer

The difference is $1000. If you need a mixer that can save set ups and has all the EFX built in and can act as a computer interface the Mod II is the way to go. Either way you will only have about $7oo invested as they are selling used for about $500-700 less than new.

The Mod II has offset speakers in the towers as well increasing the lateral range a bit.

The Mod II also takes up A LOT less space as the base on the Mod I is huge and heavier.

The Tone Match module is worth the price of admission in our opinion.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#244780 - 10/15/08 09:20 PM Re: New or Older Bose L1 System?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You can use any external mixer with the new model, and some folks like the larger, flat pedestal unit because it sits well on a dolly and can stay there, in the case and still be functional. The new pedestal must be taken out of the case and expanded to operate. The extra floor space and smaller footprint ( in the car too ) was worth the extra for me, and I prefer the Tone match mixer to anything else I've used so far. Beautiful effects, guitar tuner .. mute buttons ... it's a beaut!

Oh yeah .... PHILLIES ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!
pretty soon, "08" will be just like "80"

#244781 - 10/16/08 03:55 AM Re: New or Older Bose L1 System?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Or you can use the Tonematch with the Mod 1, as I do, and have three extra inputs in the base.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online