Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#244358 - 10/07/08 05:27 PM Roland Juno Stage Demo
Dnj Offline

#244359 - 10/07/08 07:26 PM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
"Yes, here is our fabulous new keyboard ... UH, no it's not available yet." ?!?!?!?!? ......

t.

#244360 - 10/07/08 07:38 PM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
Dnj Offline

Its in stores like GC now....we played it last week.

Fran wrote:

"
I forgot to mention..a few days ago I played the new Roland Juno Stage (76 keys)..
The stage has all the goodies from the Juno G, and many goodies of it's own...

First off..the key feel is much better than the Juno G (I hated playing my Juno G)..Roland added metal weights under the keys..reminds me of the older workstations..D-70, JV1000, and XP80...I may as well add the Fantom X....since I owned all of them...

The compact size and 76 keys are a plus..at 21 pounds..

The display is nicer than the Juno G..

The added goodies are the mic with phantom power...MP3/wav/midi player...999 songs, I believe...It did not read my thumb drive folders..only the non folder tunes..unlike the Roland RD700gx..that unit read every folder and sub folder..same with the 300gx..

The Stage makes a decent controller for the studio too..it has a single button push to make it a USB controller...

It is a shame that Roland did not include a USB Audio interface to go with the USB MIDI interface...as the Sonic Cell has...

When I put my E-60 on Ebay ..I was considering the Juno Stage and GW8...after playing the Stage and reading the manuals including the GW...I am thoroughly convinced the E-60 to be superior over both...save the MP3/Wave player..the E-60 is better in every other feature...

Of course the E-60 lacks the mic input too..

key feel and playability is slightly better on the E compared to the Stage..

The E-60 is 7 pounds more with a touch screen and speakers..

The lyric read and make up tools..makes the E-60 much..much more desirable..

And the one feature that I keep going back to the E-60..the drum kits are simply the best...

After I played the Stage...it made me more reluctant to sell the E-60..

Thanks Diki, and Bart..for the reminder.."

#244361 - 10/08/08 12:27 AM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Tony,
did you get my letter?

#244362 - 10/08/08 04:06 AM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Very nice instrument...great concept.

I had a Juno -60 for a short time before I bought my Jupiter-8....this one sure reminds me of the former.

Loved the piano, and those nice big strings...a bit disappointed the organ sounds weren't demoed.

For a musician in a band or duo, this looks like the one to have.

Ian

#244363 - 10/08/08 04:55 AM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think Roland really nailed it down with this model. It's cool to hear the metal weights were found under the keys..., and yes it's a reminder of some of their previous "well liked" keybeds such as the XP60/80. Fran..., did you by chance see if the weights were "glued" or how they were fitted to the key underside?

Roland addressed a few issues that were complaints on the current Juno-G..., more keys, and a new screen (as there were issues with the old screen).

What I also like is that Roland designed this for the "stage performer" and even though they didn't include the seq from the Juno-G.., they did bundle this unit with a software seq so that you can take this from the stage to your studio and get down to work. It's very cool that keyboard makers are packing these "studio bundles" with their keyboards.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#244364 - 10/08/08 07:53 AM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Tony,
did you get my letter?

Andrea, You've got mail, my friend.
t.

#244365 - 10/09/08 04:27 AM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny,

Thanks for posting that demo. Those piano's sound awesome. That's a very interesting keyboard with some great sounds. Lot's of bang for the buck; $1395.97 at Sweetwater. I've always looked at the big boys like the Fantom X, Fantom G, Motif XS, but this keyboard looks really nice. Have you actually demoed this in person with Fran?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#244366 - 10/09/08 06:59 AM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
Dnj Offline

Hi Al......yes Roland's John Maul does an outstanding job in all his DEMOS.....

Fran & I did try one last week at a major music store & I have to tell you Roland really hit the mark with this unit. It looks great, feels great, built great & if your NOT worried about having so called "styles" like an arranger it has all the goodies you'll need for sure and more. There are some really nice features & I was impressed with the navigational layout for the Gigging musician, 76 weighted keys, XLR mic input, arpeggiator,sequencer, Vocal channel cancel, layer, splits, on deck Mp3/device input, all this stuff and much more is Right On Deck for easy access. I would also assume many of these features and design will be incorporated in the new G70 replacement also in the very near future, Winter NAMM 2009 will tell us for sure. Check one out asap you might really like it.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/JUNO-STAGE/index.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-09-2008).]

#244367 - 10/09/08 02:05 PM Re: Roland Juno Stage Demo
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
Donny & Fran

Since you both demoed the Roland Juno Stage, I have just really one question, but before I ask it let me tell you this.

I presently use the PSR3000, a great instrument, but the piano sound really sucks. And since I'm a piano player I feature it allot in my playing. The only time the piano sounds half descent is when it's coming out of it's own speakers on the keyboard. When I do a job, wether it's a small one or a large one with bigger speakers, the so called stereo piano coming out of my little Roland amp sounds thiny and I've tried many third party pianos.
Listening to the Roland Juno Stage being played by John Maul, who does an excellent job, the piano sounds great, but I wonder how it sounds coming out of my Roland amp.
Now to my question.
Does the Roland Stage have any styles?

Playing an arranger keyboard gives me allot of freedom. If I get a request for a rumba or swing or any of the many styles I just press a button as both of you well know and play. If the Roland Stage doesn't have any styles then I would have to rely totally on midi's since I enjoy playing.
I don't now if I could handle that.

I just though of another question.
I know the Roland Stage has a mike input, which is great, but, does it have a harmonizer?

thanks,

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online