SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243949 - 10/04/08 10:06 AM Re: Does the Tyros3 have a 'Piano Mode'?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Aha... OK. Thanks.

BTW, I have learned to NEVER infer something from a manual If it ain't stated clear and bold somewhere, you can't always just assume that it is so...

Brickbats to Yamaha for not mentioning this incredibly useful info on the page where it belongs, though. I have never been a fan of Yamaha manuals, on the whole...

#243950 - 10/04/08 10:22 AM Re: Does the Tyros3 have a 'Piano Mode'?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Also, check the phrases I have tried to underline (in italics) in my previous posting:

(AI Full keyboard): This type is similar to Full Keyboard, with the exception that less than three notes can be played to indicate the chords

So this means that in Full Keyboard mode you need at least three notes to identify a chord.

#243951 - 10/04/08 11:09 AM Re: Does the Tyros3 have a 'Piano Mode'?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I particularly like using the 3 note minimum chord recognition "FINGERED" mode
because it allows me to split the keyboard with left section activated & voice assigned to piano for playing single or two note (interval) piano bass line fills between the chord changes, while allowing the right hand to provide not only the melody and fills, but play aditional chord tension flavor (b9, #9, #11, 13, etc) yet without interfering with LH auto-chord recognition.

Scott

#243952 - 10/04/08 02:37 PM Re: Does the Tyros3 have a 'Piano Mode'?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, now I REALLY get it

Can you think of a more subtle way to say that, though? Manuals need to be written for dumb-asses like me, not you rocket scientists

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online