SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#243932 - 10/11/08 07:33 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
So Chas, are you doing any sailing since taking the class?

Gary

Yes and no, Gary. Would like to do more didn't

We did a "test trip" trip after the end of class (test my @ss, we encountered 5-6 Beaufort winds going there), on an island ~12NM away, stayed for the night and returned.

And I had another trip, island about 40NM away.

I'll try to do more, it is a very relaxing an pureifying experience.

#243933 - 10/11/08 08:40 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:

We did a "test trip" trip after the end of class (test my @ss, we encountered 5-6 Beaufort winds going there), on an island ~12NM away, stayed for the night and returned.

Ah... nothing like a little meltemi to get you going...

#243934 - 10/11/08 03:34 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Trident,

Those kind of winds will really put you and the boat to the test. Just got back after covering about 38 NM today. Unfortunately, the winds died early in the afternoon so I had to motor the last 14 miles back to the marina. Hopefully, tomorrow's winds will be a bit better.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#243935 - 10/11/08 09:08 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

For the record, I didn’t read anything in Uncle Dave’s infamous statement (about this thread being a non-musical topic and not belonging here) where he came across as a “self-appointed supervisor.” I think he was trying to say we’re on this site to talk about “music”...and music is something that is joyful, fun, uplifting, and an ESCAPE from painful issues...like this crumbling economic situation that we hear about 24 hours a day no matter where we go. Let’s face it, I can pick up any newspaper or watch any channel on TV or sit in on any discussion group if I want opinions on how “the sky is falling” and WHY! I come to this site to get away from that. I don’t even want to be reminded of it in a “thread heading” as I’m going down the list!

I learned many years ago, that talking about how dire a situation is only reinforces it in your psyche and escalates the speed in which it will bring you down. Conversely, talking and thinking about beauty (art, music, nature, Tyros 3, mega-arrangers, etc) will counter what you have no control over. Thoughts make or break you!

So now why did I read these whole three pages so far? Because I thought there would be some real talk on how you folks are trying to work around OR work through this crisis...both as part of the masses of people that are feeling the wrath of a decomposing financial system, and, of course, as professional MUSICIANS.

No disrespect to what anyone wrote here...you’re all very intelligent, you’re all in the “know” and you’re all fully aware of the ball of string that is slowly unwinding. But I have to give credit to Diki. He wrote the only real positive and very poignant statement that no one picked up on (or, at least, no one commented on).

It’s “two” sentences he wrote in one of his dialogues and it's at the end of a paragraph...anyone care to guess what he said?

Lucky

#243936 - 10/12/08 02:55 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Ah... nothing like a little meltemi to get you going...

Yes, a little "meltemi" that made one of the other boats broach!

There is a photo on the frappr in the end of this page that show me playing captain... (the next day, when everything was calm )

PS I hope your good health returned Andrea.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online