SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#243922 - 10/10/08 11:16 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I posted a similar question at "The Bar", with 12 total rsponses, including three from me and multiples from others. Looks like no-one really pays much attention to the Bar. My post there was before this one started.

Russ

It is a sign of the economy today Russ, fewer people visit bars and they drink less to save money.

#243923 - 10/10/08 11:26 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If this was degenerating into a pissing contest, I think Uncle Dave might have a point. One of the reasons I'm still posting on this thread is that it HASN'T...

To be honest, we are FAR less polite to each other on arranger topics than we have been here..!

Perhaps, if civility is of any importance, UD could take his self-appointed moderator status and apply it where it might actually be needed

#243924 - 10/10/08 11:29 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
Diki Offline

BTW, the last hospital I visited wasn't doing any research on cutting edge new drugs... it was an impersonal factory of health, and STILL managed to rape me legally...

The only operation they seem skilled at was a walletectomy

#243925 - 10/10/08 11:58 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
The problem as I see it with health care is I know and have known many people who will make $8000 PLUS for car and "toy" payments per year and claim they cannot afford health care. They feel it should be an entitlement.

They don't understand the MORE people that buy it the less it costs Individual policies are more expensive than group policies. We paid $230 a month for my wife with a $5000 deductible. (protect yourself against catastrophe not inconvenience)

A low deductible $1500 plan would have cost $320 a month so we would be spending nearly the same anyway. As it turned out, three years ago my wife had a bout with breast cancer and the $5000 deductible not only paled in comparison to the real costs we we would have incurred,She received MUCH better quicker and more complete care I am more sure because we were insured with a Good Company who paid and still does.

She had Stage One with no lymph involvement thank God but the bills were still $80,000 for treatment ans was able to CHOOSE a partial mastectomy and an implant. Which was far more expensive than a much simpler lumpectomy. She has Bone scans and MRIs every year and is tested within days if she suspects a change in anything within her body. Those without insurance I am convinced would not have received the extra care and more than that immediate care she receives and still does.

AS for me I have VA......Government health care. Needless to say I am buying a policy thiugh work for myself.

The bottom line is Many people who can afford a couple car payments can afford health care and drive a used car. Its all about choices and responsibility. Health care is not a right reflected in the constitution it's a RESPONSIBILITY of the individual. People choose to smoke,take part in dangerous activities,over eat, eat junk food,....we are a very unheathy society BY CHOICE,,

It always comes down to personal responsibility and choices, Something people in the USSR didn't have to worry about. Their choices were made for them!!!

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-10-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#243926 - 10/10/08 03:42 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
So Chas, are you doing any sailing since taking the class?

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#243927 - 10/10/08 04:19 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
So Chas, are you doing any sailing since taking the class?

Gary

I'm sure there's a meaning there but you give me way too much credit; I have no idea what you're talking about.

chas

#243928 - 10/10/08 07:01 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry Chas. I read through the 80 or more posts and confused you with Trident, who posting something about sailing classes he took. My mistake--too many hours playing during the past couple weeks, and too damned many posts to read and re-read. I'm gonna' take three days off, go sailing on Chesapeake Bay, enjoy the weather and get away from this damned computer for a while.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#243929 - 10/10/08 07:29 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:

I rarely have a problem with anything presented in the form of a SUGGESTION.

My "suggestion" was just that...and in the form of a plea...hardly a demand or talking down to anyone. See what talking politics does to some people? I'm just asking ... not telling anyone.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 10-10-2008).]

#243930 - 10/11/08 12:21 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
This forum is read by members all around the globe, and the inclusion of US politics is badly out of taste here.
It's hard enough to stay civil on keyboard issues ... please don't voice your political views here. It's not the place for it.

Not exactly worded like a suggestion... more like a polite command, IMO.

Not to mention your opinion of it's taste or not offered as fact.

We take you on your word it was merely a suggestion... your post however, could easily be misinterpreted (and was!)

Let's get back to arguing about politics... it was politer, then

#243931 - 10/11/08 05:24 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
Wis Offline

Today I took the time to read this whole thread and I must say this is a great discussion of well informed musicians.
It is very nice to read many of your statements.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online