SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#243497 - 09/29/08 09:07 AM Is this possible on Tyros 3?
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
I'm going to buy Tyros3 very soon.I wan't to know whether it is possible to assign tempo speed to the assignable slider? what are the other parameters that can be assigned to this assignable slider?

Sunny

#243498 - 09/29/08 11:00 AM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Sunny
You can download the manual from here, http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/ (Just type in Tyros 3 in the search box) which should give you all the answers.

Bill

#243499 - 09/29/08 12:00 PM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill, Sunny,
I just checked the T3 manuals (oper, ref, data list) and I see where you can assign the assignable slider under function/controller/assign slider...but I see no where in the documents that explain all the paramaters that can be assigned to it.

If anyone else finds it...speak up...otherwise may have to actually look on a T3.
Lee

#243500 - 09/29/08 01:03 PM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why a slider? Given the range of tempi that might be needed for any song, I can't see a short throw fader like that giving you precise enough control for any effective use.

Even the slightest of touches will be enough to impart a fairly radical tempo change, I would have thought. Under the circumstances, the Up/Down buttons would make a better control system, IMO

#243501 - 09/29/08 01:34 PM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I don't think the assignable slider can be used to adjust the Tempo. On the Tyros3 there are dedicated Tempo +/- buttons on the Panel plus a dedicated Tap Tempo button. As far as I can tell the assignable slider can be used to adjust the keyboard volume, reverb, (possibly also "chorus" as well but not sure), and also to adjust the 16' footage of the Organ flutes. There may be other functions the assignable slider can be used for but my guess is Tempo won't be one of them. OTOH, we apparently won't know for sure until we can actually get our hands on a T3, or perhaps if Steve Deming chimes in. But my feeling is Steve probably won't chime in because it may appear (if tempo CAN NOT be used with the assignable slider) if he chimes in to tell us as much, it may be perceived as "negative" marketing of the T3. In other words, he will only chime in if the assignable slider CAN be used to control tempo. If he doesn't chime in then it's pretty certain the assignable slider won't be able to be used to control the tempo. I could also be eating some crow in a week or so too.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-29-2008).]

#243502 - 09/30/08 03:28 PM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Mike, You know I'm not in marketing, so I don't think along those lines. But I do stand behind what I promise, so I tend to be a man of few words. I don't know what they say in marketing... in support we say, "Under promise - Over deliver".

The Slider can be assigned to: Off, Keyboard Volume, Harmony Volume, Song Volume, Style Volume, MPad Volume, HDR Play Volume, Mic Volume, Mic Reverb Depth, VH Balance.

Regards,

Steve Deming

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#243503 - 09/30/08 06:02 PM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
MrEd Offline

Well Hello There, Mike ... rare, medium or well?

#243504 - 10/01/08 11:34 AM Re: Is this possible on Tyros 3?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Mr Ed,

My reference to eating crow was NOT if Steve actually replied to this thread, it was in reference to the T3 - as to whether or not you could use the assignable slider for adjusting Tempo. Steve made it abundantly clear that the assignable slider can NOT be used to adjust the Tempo. So I will be passing on the crow this time around.

>> Steve, you did good. You said the Tyros3 would be here in a couple weeks and it made it here in less than two weeks. Bravo my friend!

It's also good to know Steve that you aren't hindered in your ability to speak about things related to the marketing aspect of the T3, etc. I thought maybe portraying something that the T3 could "not" do might be frowned upon from Yamaha's marketing management and you might be stymied from saying anything negative (or portrayed as negative from the public's view). Since you said you don't have any dealings with the marketing side, I 'now' realize there is nothing intrinsically placed upon you that would keep you from sharing those kind of things with us, both now or in the future. Which is good to know by the way.

Best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online