SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#242740 - 09/17/08 10:56 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki..., I think what's so impressive here to note is that Korg did this with the INTERNAL soundset and didn't have to load in any samples... For what they've done so far using only the presets is very impressive.., and quite promising for the future too.

I too love Yamaha's SA voices..., but Korg is taking it a step further by the amount of user control (for user tweeks) with these types of voices.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242741 - 09/17/08 11:28 AM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I completely agree. It's an amazing FREE upgrade (you listening, Yamaha?).

But I still feel that, until it is tied to samples specifically designed for the system, it is still trailing the SA voices. Except that guitar. What I believe has made this possible is all the extra samples that Korg ALREADY added, to make their Guitar Mode so effective. Leveraging them into the DNC (are Korg aware of the political ramifications of using those initials in such a divided political landscape here in the US? ) has made the guitar demo stellar.

The rest...? Not so much, yet... It is the combination of samples AND the DNC that makes the magic happen.

And yes, a BIG thumbs up for user control, but an alternative sample system needs alternative samples, pure and simple. Hopefully, help is on the way...

#242742 - 09/17/08 12:06 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The one thing Cool about the Korg PA series is if you don't like the underlying samples of let's say the SAX, but you like the Articulations, you can just go ahead and swap out the multi-samples and keep the articulations for a whole new voice.

I would love to hear that SAX demo with one of the other Stellar Sax samples in the Pa2.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#242743 - 09/17/08 12:17 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Ok, my 2 cents:
Sax: awful. Drums in that sample: reasonable. I would never tune my snare like that, however. But it has "punch".

Strings: Nice to try to capture the "stroke"-sound, but in a full ensemble you'd never hear it so "up front". So, "too much" in my opinion.

Guitar: Outstanding. Best ever.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#242744 - 09/17/08 12:20 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You do realize you can change the sounds of those Snare's in those styles as easy as 1-2-3 with different drums. That is the power of the Korg.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#242745 - 09/17/08 01:30 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Dnj Online   content

Roland makeup tools edit drums the best IMO.

#242746 - 09/17/08 06:41 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
JerryT,
PA2XPRO MODULE????? Huh!

I would love a T3 module too...

I doubt t ever happens.
Lee

#242747 - 09/17/08 07:31 PM Re: Korg DNC Official Demos
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
My first choice would be a Korg PA module, My second first choice would be the T3 and my other second first choice would be a Roland G70 module ... it could happen.
For now, I'm sticking with my Midjay modules. As well, I often midi to the Korg PA800 with various controllers or midi accordion.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online