SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#242653 - 09/16/08 06:52 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yamaha arrangers are for "players"...people who want to actually play the instrument...that's why they don't have MP3 players installed in them.

LMAO! What a load of crap. An on-board MP3-player is extremely useful when you want to quickly master a new song without having to write it all down in sheetmusic. Some people can play like that, you know. Well I can, anyway.

Using the MP3-player, I play along with the original a few times, find the right chords etc etc. Great addition to my arranger.

By the way, what do you call a Tyros 3 with a built-in harddisc audio-recorder? What do you call it when it PLAYS BACK what you recorded so you can play along with your own music?

And why do Yamaha's have the capability of playing SMF's anyway? Since they are "built for players" (of the melody-line, along with automatic accompaniments... ) Don't make me laugh.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM http://www.keyboardforum.nl

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242654 - 09/16/08 06:53 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
All I can tell you is the info on arranger sales worldwide I got was from a close friend that is well conneted to a high level executive at Korg Japan. I was told that the top execs. at any of the arranger companies know those stats...

Korg sells BOATLOADS of arrangers to middle east countries. And I mean boatloads. The USA is one of the smallest consumers of arrangers in the world.

Go to youtube and search for PA2XPRO/PA800 and you will see tons of people from Mid East doing demos....

Personally I don't care who sells the most...it's just a ego trip for some..I care about how I like the instrument and how it works for the kind of music I play...And that can change fom model to model, year to year.

Lee

#242655 - 09/16/08 07:07 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
LMAO! What a load of crap. Don't make me laugh.

Nice to see you have a sense of humor under all that huff and puff.

I enjoy your posts too...they always give a me a good chuckle.

Ian

#242656 - 09/16/08 07:18 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Burkels Offline

Quote:
Nice to see you have a sense of humor under all that huff and puff.

I enjoy your posts too...they always give a me a good chuckle.

Ian

Any useful replies to what I wrote about the usefulness of an onboard MP3-player, or would that hurt your ego too much?
And what about the onboard recorder in the Tyros?
And what about the SMF-player in the Tyros?

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM http://www.keyboardforum.nl

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242657 - 09/16/08 07:23 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Any useful replies to what I wrote about the usefulness of an onboard MP3-player, or would that hurt your ego too much?

Ask me nice, and I'll think about it...or have your ever tried being polite?

It would be a refreshing change.

Ian

#242658 - 09/16/08 07:32 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Burkels Offline

Quote:
Ask me nice, and I'll think about it...or have your ever tried being polite?

It would be a refreshing change.

Ian

Answering you is waste of time, I should have known better. Nobody can ever accuse me of being impolite in this forum. Your idea of making "funny remarks" about "huff and puff" merely tells me that you are indeed as arrogant as they all say here.

No need to reply, not even that you "wasn't going to".

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#242659 - 09/16/08 07:38 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Answering you is waste of time, I should have known better.

And you still haven't learned.

#242660 - 09/16/08 10:00 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
MOst professional published songwriters use ARRANGERS to arrange their songs. They hire producers and Arrangers who in turn bring their best musicians for that particular "style"

JAmes Taylor does not write all the parts for his songs

Neil Diamond does not write orchestrations for his songs

Many song writers use Arrangers. There are a few who can afford real people bringing real musicians. Then there are those of us who "hire" software arrangers withing hardware keyboards.

Thats what I use an Arranger for. As a performance instrument it's a toss up. We can record the tracks we want and play them back or we can take the keyboard and do the same thing making changes along the way.

Either way there is one or two people on a stage accompanying what may sound like 6 or 80 additional players. That part of the equation does not change. Whether on a CD or Keyboard.

As a songwriting toll the keyboard arrangers are priceless. As performance instruments a small step away from Karaoke.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#242661 - 09/16/08 06:08 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Good Golly!!!! All this entertainment...............and it's FREE!!!

I remember when Tyros3's specs were released there were quite a few people disappointed it wouldn't play mp3's. I never gave it much thought. It didn't seem like a feature I would ever use. But after reading Burkels post having Tyros3 play mp3's might be a useful feature. I often play mp3's on my computer, which is next to Tyros2, and do learn some songs that way. Having it all onboard would be nice. I really do learn things here! Thanks. -charley

#242662 - 09/16/08 06:32 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Without loop, transposition and tempo adjustment features in any built in player, doing song learning on the keyboard's player is an exercise in futility.

What I don't understand is why everybody that has a decent arranger doesn't have a computer standing right in front of it at home... Firstly, just as a simple backup solution, and access to transfer web-found styles and songs (or MP3's ) directly into it. Then, of course, there are all the other benefits like access to audio manipulation programs (Amazing Slow-downer, etc.) that make learning songs a snap, use as a VSTi host for adding high quality sounds to your rig, use of DAW programs, to make producing your music from start to finish easier, use of loop production tools, to make producing more contemporary music a snap... The list goes on and on

A computer desk that the arranger sits on, monitor front and center, a pair of decent nearfields to either side, and a drawer underneath with the mouse and computer keyboard on is music making heaven! Something with this kind of form factor: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/620495/Office-Depot-Brand-Computer-Cart-With/ makes for a pretty efficient workstation (mine is a different brand, and is modified to get the nearfields further out and well supported, but the type is the idea).

Now you don't NEED badly thought out arranger audio features!

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online