SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#242643 - 09/15/08 08:11 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry, but yesterday's low end player (unless a retiree) is tomorrow's WS player.

You can trust me about this I wouldn't lie to YOU

Most, if not all, low-end arranger buyers aspire to a more elaborate arranger, not a WS.

Trust me...I know.

Even my lies are true.

Ian

BTW...Shhhhhhhh! Fran's watching TV.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-15-2008).]

#242644 - 09/15/08 08:30 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
As DNJ has said many, many times, learn to play the keyboard you currently own--you'll be amazed what it will do.

That goes without saying. It also doesn't hurt if the keyboard you play actually sounds good while you play it.

>> The better the keyboard sounds i.e. a keyboard with authentic or nearly authentic sound reproduction and realism, the better your audience will enjoy the show in my opinion. Of course, it also depends to a great degree on the proficiency of your keyboard playing skills as well. >> But we all knew that already, right Donny? It goes without saying right Donny? We don't need you to keep repeating it okay Donny? It goes without saying... So stop saying it okay Donny? We get the picture already. lol.. Forgive me for having some fun at your expense. I'm not laughing at you though, I'm laughing with you. You are laughing right Donny?

Best,
Mike

#242645 - 09/15/08 10:54 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Its pretty easy to see what keyboards, motorcycles, what have you are sold the most. Google their forums. Look at number of registrants, posts....... The more forums the more users.

Watch post counts within combo arranger forums on particular keyboards.there's another clue. Support,
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#242646 - 09/15/08 11:42 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Actually Korg sells more arrangers WORLDWIDE that Yamaha...not that that matters to me.

Don't know about boards in general.

Lee

It is amazing that this statement gets challenged )but is most likely the case) but people seem to want to accept that Yamaha sells the most arrangers.

Between Korg, Roland and Yamaha, we can probably agree that Yamaha has the most brand exposure for arrangers second to Casio.
Because Yamaha has a low-end arranger $100 - $400 in mainstream stores, and also arrangers that are in music stores, they do have a good showing.
That is at least in the U.S.

And remember, other than price and willingness to pay, there is no substantial difference between a TOTL Yamaha arranger customer and a entry level Yamaha arranger customer.
They both want the same thing, --- a glorified Karaoke machine—that is if you believe the users of Yamaha arrangers are well represented here on SZ.

Korg, Ketron and in some respects Roland, have a different type of arranger market – the people who want to do something with their arranger---. And, they also get the best value for their money )although that is very subjective).

But to depend on The dealers
To tell you which arranger is popular among consumers, is risky. Any dealer who wants to stay in business wants to sell the keyboard that brings them the most profit. If Roland has a lot of restrictions on dealers for getting and selling arrangers, but Yamaha is more generous, to the dealer, I wonder who the dealer is going to more likely promote?

#242647 - 09/16/08 03:26 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
And remember, other than price and willingness to pay, there is no substantial difference between a TOTL Yamaha arranger customer and a entry level Yamaha arranger customer.
They both want the same thing, --- a glorified Karaoke machine.

Have we really fallen so far that this ration of useless rhetoric could be mistaken for real knowledge on the subject?

Naaaah...of course we haven't...we might have been born at night...but not last night.

Ian

#242648 - 09/16/08 03:48 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Have we really fallen so far that this ration of useless rhetoric could be mistaken for real knowledge on the subject?

Naaaah...of course we haven't...we might have been born at night...but not last night.

Ian

It is just the facts as evidenced here on SZ.
Have you not been paying attention?

#242649 - 09/16/08 03:57 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Have we really fallen so far that this ration of useless rhetoric could be mistaken for real knowledge on the subject?

Ian

It is just the facts as evidenced here on SZ.
Have you not been paying attention?

[/B]

Yes I have been paying attention, but you obviously have not.

Yamaha arrangers are for "players"...people who want to actually play the instrument...that's why they don't have MP3 players installed in them.

Who needs an I-Pod with keys...certainly not real players?

I bet your keyboard doesn't have an MP3 player...or does it?

Ian

#242650 - 09/16/08 04:37 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Yes I have been paying attention, but you obviously have not.

Yamaha arrangers are for "players"...people who want to actually play the instrument...that's why they don't have MP3 players installed in them.

Who needs an I-Pod with keys...certainly not real players?

I bet your keyboard doesn't have an MP3 player...or does it?

Ian

Well if your understanding as to an MP3 player on an arranger is the same as having an I-Pod then ....... again, you have not been paying attention.
To use your logic, Who needs a MIDI file player on a Yamaha arranger .... they just want to play.
Who needs lots of styles on an arranger?
Arrangers were supposed to help people from having to have song specific midi files. But it seems as if Yamaha is taking us steps bak with their TOTL arrangers.

And yes my keyboard has the ability to play MP3s ... the first arranger to do so.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242651 - 09/16/08 04:58 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
And yes my keyboard has the ability to play MP3s

Why am I not surprised?

Well, do what you want, and play what you want...I like using a "player's" instrument...that's why I choose Yamaha.

Why would I want an MP3 player in an instrument I'm supposed to be playing?

Will they be putting them in violins and saxophones next?

I already own an MP3 player...probably cost less than yours.

I play an instrument(an arranger) on my gigs, not MP3 recordings...I'm not a DJ and don't intend to be.

Ian

#242652 - 09/16/08 05:05 AM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Casiobot...,
I didn't own the MO6..., BUT I did own the MO8. To tell you the truth 64 notes on the MO series is a really dogger. It doesn't take long to max the poly when sequencing. Here's the problem..., the MO6/8 have Motif ES sound engines. The ES's were designed to run on 128 note poly. The MO's run half that. So once you start to sequence on the MO's you'll really notice the poly limit.

With any synth the use of the arps..., and controllers such as the sustain pedal can be huge poly eaters. Take a synth whos sound engine is essentially the Motif ES.., cut that poly in half, use the arps and sustain in sequencing and BAM... POLY BLOWOUT.

If you're looking at the MO's primarily for PLAYING then the 64 notes isn't too bad.., but it will limit you in sequencing. For this reason alone I sold my MO8. I then later (after missing those ES sounds in my set-up) just purhcased a new Motif ES6 before the online retailers lost stock due to the XS's release.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online