SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#242613 - 09/15/08 01:22 PM What is Yamaha thinking?
ytlevine Offline

Quick question which troubles me:
Why can't Yamaha takes what people complain about most (now, it seems like the drums) and work on that in the next model?
If they would only change the drums in the T3, a lot of people would go for it. I understand that they need to sell the T4, and don't change all they can(or anything close to it), but at least the top thing that the users are requesting...
Or do they not listen at all to their users??

#242614 - 09/15/08 01:32 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Your guess is as good as any of ours... Some here will say they're pleased with them... Some will claim they're just as good as the Motif line (but some of us Motif owners strongly disagree with that).

This is Yamaha's top arranger... I don't understand why Tyros owners (who obviously have shown their support for the line simply by the price buyers are paying for them)., but owners don't seem to get the same level of treatment as the pro synth line. This is Yamaha's Pro Arranger.., yet it's marketed as a HOME KEYBOARD.

I have a VERY hard time accepting that it's just a select few here who feel the Tyros line should have better quality drum kits. So much freaking work goes into SA, Mega, Sweet, Cool, and Live voices.., but Yamaha don't seem to give a damn about one of the MAJOR FOUNDATIONS of a style and that's the drums. Users have been complaining about the drums since the first Tyros.. Here we are now with the 3rd generation Tyros.., yet Ty owners STILL don't get the same quality drum kits found on other top end Yamaha keyboards.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242615 - 09/15/08 01:33 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bottom line is that the members here represent a very small portion of their sales. Most people are happy with the drums and/or ignorant of alternatives.
DonM

#242616 - 09/15/08 01:41 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IMHO... Yamaha has politics going on big time on PRO division and Home division... Simple as that. The PRO division will not allow the Home division to have 'certain' things that will compete with them.

76 or 88 keys!
FULL MIDI implementation!
XS quality Drums!
PRO Keybed
PRO build (metal)
etc.

Just an opinion...that makes sense AND is logical as to what we see going on.

Lee

#242617 - 09/15/08 01:47 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Bottom line is that the members here represent a very small portion of their sales. DonM

Yamaha sells so many keyboards worldwide you have no idea....people are very very happy with their sound & products or they would not be #1 is sales. Why should they change anything and tamper with success?
Just not going to happen, they are not stupid & very well know what they are doing.

#242618 - 09/15/08 02:44 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well if that's the case Donny.., then why is there a Tyros 3 If the drums were fine before..., and the users here represent a small number..., then why did Yamaha to some extent feel the need to (somewhat) impove the kits on the Tyros 3...? "Success" is also "listening to the needs of your customers".

However, as another member noted.. It is probably most likely inter-departmental politics.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242619 - 09/15/08 02:47 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Dnj Offline

Squeak.....
The Tyros line Sales figures talk VOLUMES !! .....can't argue with that.
Worldwide it trumps any arranger on the market for the last few years. People are HAPPY with TYROS plain & simple If you own a tyros & are unhappy with the drums there are many DRUM alternatives on the market to combine with your music via Software & Hardware.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-15-2008).]

#242620 - 09/15/08 03:23 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Actually Korg sells more arrangers WORLDWIDE that Yamaha...not that that matters to me.

Don't know about boards in general.

Lee

#242621 - 09/15/08 03:42 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Even though the drums might not be what you like, Yamaha HAS added new drum sets to every model.
With the T2 they added 2 new Power kits, which are quite an improvement over their Live kits. With the T3 they added a new acustic kit, a new Rock kit and several dance kits.
It might not be what you like, but never the less they added/changed quite a few kits, which are quite a step up from their previous version.
What I noticed lately is that the guys that complain the most would never buy a T3 anyways, with or without 76 keys.
How many of you owned a 9000Pro?
There is always something wrong with a keyboard....
It's quite simple: you don't like it, don't buy it.
I always enjoyed what I had and was able to get the most out of it.
Let's face it, most of you have been around for a while and played on what is now considered crap.
The technology IS amazing, whether you play Korg, Roland, Yamaha or whatever.
Most of the audiences are blown away by the sound that these things can produce. Of course in the right hands.
I hope you guys learn to appreciate what you have and just have some fun playing it.
Peace
Eric

#242622 - 09/15/08 03:44 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I agree with Donny 100%. The s900 was the first yamaha I've ever owned and I have no problems with the drums (imo). I think the keyboard sounds great. The people here on synthzone that complain about Yamaha is less then 1% of their sales. Yamaha sold probably tens of thousands of the tyros and people will buy the t3. There are other choices out there, ketron, korg & roland. If you don't like the drums, buy a roland, if you don't like the vocal harm. buy a midi tc harm. If you want to send a message to yamaha don't purchase them! With every new keyboard there are improvements from the previous model. Thats the case with every company. When people actually get this puppy in there hands, that will be the real test.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online