SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#242623 - 09/15/08 04:01 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Personally, I've never had a problem with Yamaha's drums, and neither has my audiences. And, I agree, with every new model, and I've owned lots of them, there have been some incredible improvements. The only exception was the PSR-2000 to PSR-2100, which was not much of an upgrade.

If you don't like what you hear coming from the speakers or audio outputs of Yamaha's keyboards, send them a message. DON'T BUY ONE! However, if you do like what you hear, send them a message as well by purchasing their latest and greatest models.

It's margaretta time

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#242624 - 09/15/08 04:10 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
casiobot Offline

Not to hijack this thread but can I ask you a question squeak?

Have you ever had any experience with the Yamaha MO 6?

Is 64 poly good enough for this board? How many tracks can you record before the 64 poly starts showing its weaknesses,if any?

Thanks!

#242625 - 09/15/08 04:17 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Correct Gary, I'll bet some of the people here who complain about yamaha never has any intentions of buying one.

#242626 - 09/15/08 04:21 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Actually Korg sells more arrangers WORLDWIDE that Yamaha...not that that matters to me.

Don't know about boards in general.

Lee

where did you get those sales figures?

#242627 - 09/15/08 04:25 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Even though the drums might not be what you like, Yamaha HAS added new drum sets to every model.
With the T2 they added 2 new Power kits, which are quite an improvement over their Live kits. With the T3 they added a new acustic kit, a new Rock kit and several dance kits.
It might not be what you like, but never the less they added/changed quite a few kits, which are quite a step up from their previous version.
What I noticed lately is that the guys that complain the most would never buy a T3 anyways, with or without 76 keys.
How many of you owned a 9000Pro?
There is always something wrong with a keyboard....
It's quite simple: you don't like it, don't buy it.
I always enjoyed what I had and was able to get the most out of it.
Let's face it, most of you have been around for a while and played on what is now considered crap.
The technology IS amazing, whether you play Korg, Roland, Yamaha or whatever.
Most of the audiences are blown away by the sound that these things can produce. Of course in the right hands.
I hope you guys learn to appreciate what you have and just have some fun playing it.
Peace
Eric

AMEN!!!! and more emphasis & effort should be on everyday becoming a better player not.....because without that, all this High tech mumbo jumbo talk, better drums etc etc, or whatever means absolutely squat!

BTW, Great post!!

#242628 - 09/15/08 04:26 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
If you want to send a message to yamaha don't purchase them!

Excactly ....& until that ever happens Yamaha will glide all the way to the bank.

#242629 - 09/15/08 04:28 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
So where do we find these Yamaha #1 selling stats...or do we just take it for granted ..because they are popular at SZ....?

If you were to take a head count of people playing arrangers in my area...Yamaha isn't even close to number one...

Seriously, just off the top of my head in the Solo Musicians network...Only Donny is using a Yamaha arranger...I can name at least 5 Roland arranger users, 3 Korg arranger users, and 2 Ketron arranger users...

Maybe this sheds some more light are what we think to be true...number wise..

BTW: none are home players..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-15-2008).]

#242630 - 09/15/08 04:41 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I have no knowledge on actual sales figures but you walk in to every Samash or GC there yamaha's for all beginners to pros, I we can only guess. Your right about whos gigging with what. In the NY/NJ portuguese community everyone with the exception of a few musicians play ketrons. From the MS50, x1, xd9, sd1 and the fellow I sold the Sd5 too. They may have a roland for midi file playback, korg or a yamaha for right hand voices, but main keyboard is a ketron hands down......

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-15-2008).]

#242631 - 09/15/08 06:10 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." Mark Twain (paraphrasing Disraeli)

Anyone who quotes ANY kind of figure about arranger sales on this forum is probably giving you all three!

#242632 - 09/15/08 06:41 PM Re: What is Yamaha thinking?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

Does the above post mean there is only 10 guys in Jersey giggin? Hmmmmm! In my neighborhood, and down south in nearby Virginia, nearly everyone uses Yamaha, mainly PSR-3000, Tyros and Tyros2. Some guys still using Korgs, I only know of one Ketron user, no Roland users and a handful of assorted oldies that are no longer in business. Guess it all depends on which neighborhood you live in.

As for the statistics, there was a post a couple years ago that revealed how many keyboards manufacturers sold. If I recall, Yamaha was at the top in most countries, but there were a few European nations where Korg was at the top of the list. I don't believe Roland was among the top 5, or maybe in the top 10. Of course, all of this don't amount to a hill of beans. In the technological world of arranger keyboards, nearly all of the top manufacturers have produced incredible machines that have far more features than most owners are capable of utilizing. As DNJ has said many, many times, learn to play the keyboard you currently own--you'll be amazed what it will do.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online