Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
Topic Options
#240874 - 08/26/08 08:32 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Dnj Offline

Nigel get the lock ready

#240875 - 08/26/08 08:35 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What in the hell is the matter with you people? DonM took the time to post a great photo of a new keyboard, one that 99.9 percent of you have never seen or heard. It only took a few posts to turn his initial post into another pissin' contest. How in the hell can you say you don't like a product you've never seen, heard, touched, etc..? Does everyone on this damned forum have an axe to grind?

Instead of thanking DonM for posting a highly detailed photo, some individuals seem to think this is a great opportunity to write their names in the snow.

I, for one, would like to thank Don for posting the photo, and DNJ for the link to the other forum. And, unlike the above posts, I'll withhold my judgement pertaining to the Tyros3 until I actually get to sit down and play one. They'll probably show up in this part of the world sometime in late October or November, at least that's what's in the rumor mill.

Finally, I'm always amazed at the number of individuals that seem to believe they know more about designing arranger keyboards than the manufacturers. This isn't a brand specific thing, it pertains to all brands. There are about a dozen experts on this forum who should form a panel to determine the key size, key feel, overall weight, construction material, color, screen size, storage capacity, jack placement, and every other design feature that should be on an arranger keyboard. Then, when you have all agreed on that design, set up meetings with all the manufacturers, put your detailed, highly researched proposals on the board room tables and convince them that is what the general public wants. Who knows, you may soon see the keyboard of your dreams.

It's not snowing here, and at my age you can't write your name in the snow without getting your shoes wet.

Thanks again Don,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#240876 - 08/26/08 08:38 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
You're even a jerk to people who DO own a Yamaha.

Looks like you need to resort to name calling like Ensnoreyou.

Tsk tsk...I would have figured you were above that, Squeak, but I guess even us Yamaha boys can be wrong about some things.

Oh well...have a nice day.

Ian

#240877 - 08/26/08 08:43 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, it is lovely to be paid to play the best.

Ian

I get paid for actually making music using many brands of keyboards, synthesizers, arrangers, whatever brand I need to get the job done right. I'm not a one trick pony nor would I ever be swayed by a paycheck to feel any obligation towards one brand. If a client wants to hire me they do so because of my abilities and my expertise, not because I use brand X or brand Y.

It's clear to me and anyone else with two eyes Ian that you are so entrenched up Yamaha's derriere that you can't see straight. Must be pretty dark up in there. Hopefully you have a Yamaha flashlight to help you make your way in the dark.

#240878 - 08/26/08 08:49 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
I get paid for actually making music using many brands of keyboards, synthesizers, arrangers, whatever brand I need to get the job done right.

Oh, I'm sorry, Ensnoreyou...I wasn't aware that you actually played something.

Now, please, let's not keep hijacking Don's post...he was good enough to put up the great photo of Yamaha's latest and greatest.

Ian

#240879 - 08/26/08 08:51 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I call it as I see it Ian. Hey I'll be the first admit I too have been a JERK to some members over the years. My problem with you Ian is your attitude towards anything NOT related to Yamaha on this forum. You (trying to be snug about it) snub any and everything (and everyone) not using a Yamaha. You even down members here who own Yamaha. You talk to me like Yamaha is something I know nothing about, but due to your ignornace what you don't know is all the major Yamaha keyboards I've owned over the years. DX-7, SY series, EX Series, Motif, and several of the PSR's. I've also owned quite a few from Roland and Korg.

Gary with all do respect..., when have you NOT known this forum to fill up with the usual speculation prior to a keyboard release. EVERY SINGLE ARRANGER THAT COMES OUT.., gets drowned in speculation before its release. That's nothing new here.

Understand that some comments have good ground too. I think short throw sliders can be an issue-I don't need to play the T3 to know that.... People are always comlaining about size and weight so would it be crazy to suggest that Yamaha shave a few inches off as they don't need all that space to the right that they've kept from the original Tyros as that space originally was for the floppy drive?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240880 - 08/26/08 08:54 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I call it as I see it Ian. Hey I'll be the first admit I too have been a JERK to some members over the years. ?

I am sorry you have had to be a jerk, Squeak...it must be devastating.

Call Fran...help is available.

Ian

#240881 - 08/26/08 09:00 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nigel...., please take note (just from Ian's last response) on his ignorance in how he tries to bait other forum members with his smart ass remarks. Now he throws Fran's name into it.., when Fran wasn't even involved.

He can bait me all he want's but that's pretty messed up how he throws in another members name to try and get them worked up.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-26-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240882 - 08/26/08 09:09 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#240883 - 08/26/08 09:09 AM Re: Big ol T3 photo
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Nigel...., please take note (just from Ian's last response) on his ignorance in how he tries to bait other forum members with his smart ass remarks. Now he throws Fran's name into it.., when Fran wasn't even involved.

Oh please, Squeak...you have to calm down...and stop being so serious...it's okay...you don't have to start crying.

You're going to bust a blood vessel.

We all know that Fran is a great guy...and is always willing to help the needy and the misguided.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 08-26-2008).]

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online