SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#240588 - 08/23/08 04:12 AM Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The first Tyros 3 picture is taken from the latest Keyboard Cavalcade magazine, and is a 2 page Yamaha advertisement, so you will need to use your photo manipulation software to stitch the pages together.
Next follows the Pakefield program.
Finally, the official pictures of Tyros 3 in the magazine. (Hasn’t scanned as well as I would have liked unfortunately)
http://www.4shared.com/file/60126025/413ec2e6/Pakefield_2009.html

Bill

#240589 - 08/23/08 04:59 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#240590 - 08/23/08 06:40 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sliders AND rocker buttons?

Why would you need BOTH..? By not being able to decide which to chose, I think Yamaha have come up with a system that has serious compromises. The travel on the sliders looks extremely short throw, to make enough room for the buttons (making fine adjustment of parameters tricky), and to get to the buttons, your hand is going to have to hover dangerously close to those sliders, which, because they ARE short throw, will only need a small accidental bump to move a parameter a large distance.

And it just doesn't make sense... They motorize the DISPLAY, but NOT the sliders! Anybody else think this is ass backwards?

I guess most in the Yamaha camp will rush to the poor things defense, but honestly... If you have good quality, decent faders, why do you need inc/dec buttons AS WELL..? It's supposed to be an either/or thing. Both systems work fine, but not crammed together in the same space...

I think few organ players are going to be happy with such short travel drawbars, at the very least

#240591 - 08/23/08 07:12 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Thanks Bill....
So far I really like the new exterior design compared to T2....can't wait to see & hear more before I comment.

#240592 - 08/23/08 08:30 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks Bill. It looks like the T3 will have the same LCD screen as the T1/T2 have. I like the overall design much better than the T2 with it's rounded edges and smooth curves.

Looks like there are quite a few additional buttons and it's really nice to see that Yamaha is indeed giving the T3 those physical sliders, and right below the LCD screen making it convenient for either left or right hand adjustment. Although because of the shorter length for adjusting them it may make it more difficult for users to adjust them effectively on the fly compared to other Drawbars that have a longer throw. I guess we'll have to wait until November for the final verdict.

I really would have liked to have gotten a T3 but I'm sticking to my guns 'again' and won't because of Yamaha's continuing propensity to neglect a wide segment (50% to be more precise ) of keyboardists who want more than a measly 61 keys to play on.

Some people probably won't be able hold out like me (Hey Al!.. ) and that's their choice of course, but Yamaha will never change their ways unless the public makes a strong stand by choosing to pass on the T3 (or whatever other totl arranger they produce that has 61 keys) and which will hopefully in return make a dent in their corporate "thick" heads and they decide to meet the strong demand from arranger keyboardists who want 76 (or more) keys and want it in a Yamaha flavor.

The reason I am sticking to my guns and taking on the behemoth Yamaha is because in reality - I really like Yamaha.. really, I do.. and I would like to continue to be a customer of theirs in the future. But more importantly, of giving many other keyboardists - 50% to be more precise - the opportunity to play a totl Yammie arranger some day with more than just 61 keys. >> But, my friends, it is becoming very apparent that will probably NEVER happen unless we hit them where it hurts most - in their bottom line.

I'm not doing it out of spite mind you, I'm doing it out of conscience and principle, and because of Yamaha's continual neglect and thumbing its corporate nose at 50% of keyboard consumers that require, need, and want more than a measly 61 keys. Yamaha continues to do so in spite of the evidence and facts to the contrary and flies in the face of their stubbornness and, yes.. their corporate greed in my opinion. In other words, they are thinking only of themselves in my humble opinion, instead of the needs of consumers.

Forgive my zealous passion and rant but when I really feel strong about something I tend to wear it on my sleeve and shout it from the rooftops.

>> Uh oh.. I can see the flaming arrows pointed at me right now. Flame away if you feel you must... Unlike Yamaha, I'm sure I can take the heat, and through it all become a better person in the process.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-23-2008).]

#240593 - 08/23/08 08:52 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Mike, no flaming arrows here!! Very well stated post. I echo your feelings on the Tyros.

#240594 - 08/23/08 09:04 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Can't wait to get my demo Tyros3...looks cool enough...sliders look to be just the right size and are centrally located...perfect.

Nice to see the inc/dec buttons were kept...nice to have a choice...sliders look nice and wide and will be easy to grasp.

Looks like it will be another winner for Yamaha...I have been swamped with queries on it...a lot of T1 owners and more than a few T2 as well.

The new organ sound is terrific...rotary is excellent to my ears...I hope they added a SA Harmonica and SA Violin.

Ian

#240595 - 08/23/08 09:41 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bottom line for me is whether the drums sound better to me. All the other stuff is fine by me, but it has to SOUND like I want it to.
Won't know until I hear one in person, and won't theorize about the features, button, sliders or sound until I put my hands on one.
DonM

#240596 - 08/23/08 09:49 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Bottom line for me is I CANNOT play piano on a 61.

I use my arranger for FAR more than just simple LH chords, RH solo stuff, and prefer to have straight ahead piano and let the Piano Mode derive the chords when I'm playing in solo arranger style. Sure, RH solo LH chords for solos, but comping I prefer to play piano. So, unless Yamaha come out with a 76, I can't gig with it.

I'm tempted to add an S900 to the studio rig, primarily for those guitars and SA voices, but I can't see myself gigging with one...

#240597 - 08/24/08 09:07 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Bottom line for me is whether the drums sound better to me. All the other stuff is fine by me, but it has to SOUND like I want it to.
Won't know until I hear one in person, and won't theorize about the features, button, sliders or sound until I put my hands on one.
DonM

Dito exactly.

#240598 - 08/24/08 09:38 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sliders AND rocker buttons?

Why would you need BOTH..?

I'll venture a guess and say that the sliders are probably low quality therefore not allowing fine movements of +/- 1% in their travel. That would make editing certain features extremely difficult with the sliders alone. Hence the addition of increment and decrement buttons as well as sliders.

High quality pots that offer fine movement control cost lots of money and when profit is a consideration more than build quality, manufacturers make sacrifices. Does Yamaha make more profit or do they make less profit and use higher quality buttons, switches, and materials? Given Yamaha's propensity for using cheap parts I'm sure they opted to go with the cheaper components. Sad, very sad.

When you consider the price point the Tyros 3 falls within there is no reason it shouldn't be built using a high quality lightweight metal frame, 1% pots and switches, and a great feeling keybed. Consumers are being soaked and Yamaha is laughing all the way to the bank!

#240599 - 08/24/08 10:28 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

I am very content with Yamaha's drums and overall sound...that's why I use one.

If one wants a different "sound"...then buy a Korg or Roland....it's that simple.

Tyros3 will be the logical step up from T2 and T1, and if the success of the first two are any indication, the new model will sell very well indeed.

I'm looking forward to working with it and taking it on the road for demoing.

Ian

#240600 - 08/24/08 10:56 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I am very content with Yamaha's drums and overall sound...that's why I use one.

Ian,

Don't you work for Yamaha or aren't you a clinician for them? That might be the reason why you are using Yamaha! Would Yamaha mind if you used a Korg Oasys or Wersi and took it on the road with you? If you do work for Yamaha I'm sure your tongues tied to say you only use their MI products even if you do own and use other brands.

In your posts I've not seen you slam any Yamaha product for sound, build quality, or software issues, only praise them. Even the low end S900 you tout as if it were the holy grail of arrangers ever made. Is it that Yamaha only makes products with no software bugs, the best hardware available, the best build quality, and the best sounds of any keyboard available? Hardly!

I prefer to not have my hands or tongue tied when it comes to voicing opinions on arrangers and keyboards based upon actual use. I'll bet if you said anything bad about Yamaha you'd be out of a job in a second. You don't seem to have issue bashing other manufacturers products so I have to wonder... how many other brands of arrangers do you own? How many have you actually used first hand and which models? I don't mean just seeing at some trade show either. Which ones have you actually used? Enquiring minds want to know.

#240601 - 08/24/08 11:03 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
Ian,

Don't you work for Yamaha or aren't you a clinician for them?

Actually, I started working with Yamaha because I love the product.

No, they aren't perfect...but they offer the best overall arranger experience for amateurs and pros alike.

I have my reasons for using a product...so do you...I only have to please me, not you.

Ian

#240602 - 08/24/08 11:26 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:

No, they aren't perfect...but they offer the best overall arranger experience for amateurs and pros alike.

I have my reasons for using a product...so do you...I only have to please me, not you.

Ian

Ian,

I don't pander myself to any product because I am being paid to use them. How can you be objective and fair when you are being paid to tout a specific brand? Stating anything that would be contrary to what Yamaha wanted you to would almost assuredley put you out of a job.

You still didn't answer the questions I asked either. I wonder why?

You're statement that you only have to please yourself and not me isn't true. Your job is to please others regarding the Yamaha brand and promote it in a manner necessary to sell products. If you didn't "please others" you wouldn't sell any product and you'd be looking for another job. That's a fact.

#240603 - 08/24/08 11:27 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:

Ian

You work for Yamaha , that's a good reason for using the product ...

Secondly, to say Yamaha offers the best for everyone is ridiculous. How about a T3 with 76 keys or a T3 with 61 keys with speakers on board ?

#240604 - 08/24/08 11:32 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
You work for Yamaha , that's a good reason for using the product ...

Using the product is a good reason for working with Yamaha...

Ian

#240605 - 08/24/08 12:17 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

I think that Ian's choice of Yamaha is what has driven his job with them, not the other way around.

OTOH, his delusion comes from the lack of understanding that what works for HIM, doesn't necessarily translate to nirvana for others. Just as my choice of nirvana is his idea of hell!

Strangely, he never makes that leap of logic... Just blithely prattles on about the 'perfect arranger (the S900)' as if there is some kind of universality about it.

The S900 may indeed be one of the better 'pure' arrangers out there. But many of us need FAR more than a simple arranger to cover the wider choice of music and ensemble than he does. I always take what Ian says with a tempering of knowledge that he isn't trying to stretch on the keyboard as much as some of us. If he wants to play piano, he takes a whole other keyboard! If he needs a workstation, he'll use one of those.

Me, I'd rather one keyboard do it all adequately, than haul around multiple keyboards to do it a hair better (if that!)...

#240606 - 08/24/08 12:29 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Just blithely prattles on...

Thanks Diki, my friend...quite the pair of prattlers we are...I just happen to use less words.

Ian

#240607 - 08/24/08 03:16 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ian,

You say your working "WITH" Yamah, but not working FOR Yamaha? We are all working WITH Yamaha by purchasing their keyboards. The question is; Are you employed by Yamaha?

Al

Quote:
Using the product is a good reason for working with Yamaha...

Ian

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#240608 - 08/24/08 03:37 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Ian,

You say your working "WITH" Yamah, but not working FOR Yamaha? We are all working WITH Yamaha by purchasing their keyboards. The question is; Are you employed by Yamaha?

Al

Yes.

#240609 - 08/24/08 03:49 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Sorry, Ian... poor choice of words!

Yes, I think you've nailed MY prattling on as well!

But, in lieu of any actual music, what else is there to do?

#240610 - 08/24/08 06:32 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I don't work for Yamaha and can't wait to play my new Tyros3. If another company came out with a new arranger that I liked, and it only came with 76 keys I'd buy it because of the way it sounded. I really don't want more than 61 keys. Yamaha has been very good to me and I believe they are right on the mark for the customers they target with their products. I am that perfect Yamaha customer. I am that home user I hear so much about here. Every Yamaha keyboard I have bought in the past 30 years has been better than its last model. I have a Tyros2 now and still remember the day it arrived and how much better it sounded than any other board I had heard. Those who have heard Tyros3 say it sounds even better than Tyros2, but that is their opinion and I will make mine when the time comes. -charley

#240611 - 08/24/08 07:21 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
If another company came out with a new arranger that I liked, and it only came with 76 keys I'd buy it because of the way it sounded.

But would you buy it if it only had 45 keys?

That's how pianists think about 61-ers. The best piano sound in the world, if you can't play it like a piano. is a total waste. Same with Rhodes, etc.. Part of the 'sound' is the voicings. If you can't do stretched out playing and hammer the top and bottom simultaneously, well, there goes most of rock and roll, boogie woogie, barrelhouse, not to mention classical and jazz.

So, before you dismiss this issue, think about if YOU had imposed on you the same limitations that pianists feel. I think, if you REALLY put your mind to it, you COULD get by (just!) on a 45 note arranger. But you would be FAR from happy about it, now wouldn't you? And you probably wouldn't be too happy with those that told you how unimportant YOUR need for a 61 is, either!

#240612 - 08/24/08 07:42 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Dont worry Charlie.......
Voncken, Smorenburg & Baartmans
are ready to pounce on the world once again with new Demonstrations!

ARE YOU READY?

#240613 - 08/24/08 08:23 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Dont worry Charlie.......

ARE YOU READY?

And then most of us will come out with demos that demonstrate that that $1000 trade difference (I've seen used T2's going for about $2800 or thereabouts, so you need about a grand more for the T3) would have been MUCH better spent on lessons with a good teacher and some quality practice time

As you keep pointing out, Donny... it's the PLAYER, not the keyboard, that makes anyone impressed!

Baartmans and Voncken could make most on this forum buy a G70 if THEY demoed it

#240614 - 08/24/08 08:31 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Quote:
As you keep pointing out, Donny... it's the PLAYER, not the keyboard, that makes anyone impressed!

Not anyone Diki.....but EVERYONE !

Not only that here we have Tweekers & Bravadoists with nothing to back up what they tout......but that's getting old.

If I should ask ...."By getting a new T3 will it make you play better?"

What do you think the answer would be Diki?

I rest my case,

Carry on

Enjoy your music

DP

#240615 - 08/25/08 12:21 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
http://will49.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p171473257.jpg

Nice pic

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 08-25-2008).]

#240616 - 08/25/08 10:49 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands

#240617 - 08/25/08 06:00 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Mike,

I don't understand why you keep referring to me in your posts like that? I own ONE keyboard??? A Korg Pa2xpro??

What Gives?

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Some people probably won't be able hold out like me (Hey Al!..
[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-23-2008).][/B]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#240618 - 08/25/08 06:24 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
rattley Offline

"Dont worry Charlie.......
ARE YOU READY?"

I'll be first in line when it arrives in Florida. By then the reviews here will really have bashed it to pieces, but they won't stop me!-charley

#240619 - 08/25/08 06:56 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Charley Go For it ....
do you have it pre ordered like so many already to for first shipment?

#240620 - 08/27/08 07:33 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
rattley Offline

I ordered my Tyros3 from zzounds.com today. I telephoned first and their associate said the September 15th date in their ad is when they were told they will receive them. I think it is premature, but my credit card won't be billed until it is shipped. Anyway..............I'm still excited that it will happen soon enough! -charley

#240621 - 08/27/08 07:44 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Wow Charley your a man of action!!!

Hope your the first on your block to recieve a T3.

Good Luck & enjoy it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online