SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#240469 - 08/23/08 07:33 AM Re: Promotional Calanders?
zuki Offline

Hey Bill,

Maybe you and I together should take on a band act and get some bookings? We won't have to hand out lollipops, write thank you letters, shake any hands or make any more phone calls. The jobs will just keep flowing in........

If it doesn't work here, we can move to Donny's area and be a hit there

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#240470 - 08/23/08 07:35 AM Re: Promotional Calanders?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hey If it doesn't work here, we can move to Donny's area and be a hit there

I welcome you .....I could use more bookings
BTW Keep the Lollipops too much sugar

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-23-2008).]

#240471 - 08/23/08 07:46 AM Re: Promotional Calanders?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hey Bill,

Maybe you and I together should take on a band act and get some bookings? We won't have to hand out lollipops, write thank you letters, shake any hands or make any more phone calls. The jobs will just keep flowing in........

If it doesn't work here, we can move to Donny's area and be a hit there

The pay's better where he is, that's for sure!

Hey, Donnie is one of the rocks of this forum. The guy has been there and done that...His weekly dance party is a testament to,(I know this hurts, Donnie,) his MARKETING SKILLS!!!

While we're commenting on his area vs, ours, (SW Ohio, Northern Kentucky and SE Indiana) it's worth mentioning that different locations call for different tactics.

In a huge population area there are, its stands to reason, more opportunities to play than in a smaller area.

Literally, in Dayton there are a handful of acts that seem to get all the work...I hear constantly about "news guys" trying to break in, but they don't (I'm told)...

A) "Get It" in terms of working in a nursing home

B) Just aren't very good...

It also stands to reason there's more competition in a larger area like Donnie's as well.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 08-23-2008).]

#240472 - 08/23/08 08:28 AM Re: Promotional Calanders?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I welcome you .....I could use more bookings
BTW Keep the Lollipops too much sugar

LOL - You win

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#240473 - 08/23/08 08:32 AM Re: Promotional Calanders?
Dnj Offline

Bill you miss the point...

You have to have the goods plain & simple you get one shot blow it & YOUR DONE no matter what the area.....all the marketing in the world will not help you once people hear what you have to offer.....it's just the way it is. Make them want you, not the other way around....if you can do that you'll see major changes & your phone will ring.

#240474 - 08/23/08 08:47 AM Re: Promotional Calanders?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Bill you miss the point...

You have to have the goods plain & simple you get one shot blow it & YOUR DONE no matter what the area.....all the marketing in the world will not help you once people hear what you have to offer.....it's just the way it is. Make them want you, not the other way around....if you can do that you'll see major changes & your phone will ring.

Donnie, all due respect, I'm turning work away and have been for a few years. I average very close to 400 performances a year and could probably do 450 if I wanted to.

So for our purposes here, can we assume "I have the goods?"

I'll bet several of the guys around here are in the same boat I am...

I'm not looking for any major changes and my phone rings quite often, thank you, lol...I've indicated in my comments in this thread that I have not yet done ANY marketing in terms of gifts, keychains, pens, etc. EVER... I've sent out several hand written thank you notes and similar type phone calls.

But, I'm open to considering sensible ideas to add in the mix with my clients. I've heard a lot of good ideas from especially Russ and Gary that could work for any number of us.

Marketing isn't always a gimmick and certainly never a replacement for being able to perform when the time comes.

Performers who choose to include some marketing ideas like those mentioned in this thread aren't lessor performers/business men because they use multiple strategies to build and maintain their client base. This may not be your intent, but IMO, you're coming across like anyone who does anything other than JUST perform doesn't have the goods or something...

Which is absurd...

If anything, I think you've missed the whole point of this thread...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 08-23-2008).]

#240475 - 08/23/08 02:25 PM Re: Promotional Calanders?
Dnj Offline

Bill no need for the bravado.....
but "YOU" was a referal to all muicians in general

I'm a believer when it comes to sucess....

"Dont fix what isn't broke"

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online