SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#240198 - 08/18/08 01:51 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Diki,

It's not my job to sell you a Wersi or any other instrument nor would I waste my time trying. I'm merely stating a fact that you have ruled out an instrument and are calling it crap and yet you've never actually played one let alone seen one. What a way to base an opinion.

As for MP3's.... IMO they do sound like crap and I don't own an iPod. I did get one in a trade long ago but gave it to my brother as I can't stand them. I do sell MP3 files of my music online merely because that's what exists for the buying public online. Do I like it? Hell no. I wish people would buy CD's rather than MP3's but the fact remains most end users don't give a damn about sound. If they did millions of albums wouldn't sell based upon recording quality alone.

Contrary to what you state I'm not taking this personally at all. You hate the Wersi and that's fine but your hatred isn't based in fact. I guess we differ in that I'd rather base my information on facts and actual use of an instrument rather than speculation.

#240199 - 08/18/08 05:41 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Would I buy a Wersi if they were cheaper?

Nope.

Ian

#240200 - 08/18/08 06:48 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
I do sell MP3 files of my music online merely because that's what exists for the buying public online.

So, where is your site? Are there some demos on it, so we could hear how YOU play your Wersi?

I'm sorry, but just like Diki, I heard only crap style demos coming from Wersi instruments, and surely I will not go to another country to try one since they aren't traded in Italy...

#240201 - 08/18/08 07:03 AM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Ensnareyou Offline

If you are curious you can hear some of my music here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=387003046

You may also look me up on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon MP3, Napster, Lala.com, and other music web sites.

I use my Wersi as a writing tool and to flesh out songs during preproduction. When I record I utilize real musicians playing real instruments. I play all keyboards, piano, most of the percussion, and even some drums. All other drums are samples. The tunes online predate my Wersi.

#240202 - 08/18/08 12:32 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
When I record I utilize real musicians playing real instruments. I play all keyboards, piano, most of the percussion, and even some drums. THE TUNES ONLINE PREDATE MY WERSI.

[Capitalized text was changed by me]

Somehow I had a suspicion that this might be the case, there would be some reason or other why the Wersi, being played for real, would not appear. That's a pity, it may have helped improve the appeal of this instrument.

I have been waiting all through the many discourses on the subject of Wersi on this forum for some sort of decent demo, and even now, with a golden opportunity to do so on this thread, nothing is forthcoming.

Does tend to make one think that the demos we have heard so far, are indeed the best that the Wersi can come up with.

No, I would not buy one.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 08-18-2008).]

#240203 - 08/18/08 03:27 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I would hate to jump on the band wagon, but the above posts are correct. Wersi was maybe a great organ/keyboard some years ago. but now compared to todays keyboards very outdated. no wersi for me........

But I'm wondering this is the best for 5000-10000 dollars, oh boy......

#240204 - 08/18/08 04:31 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
[Capitalized text was changed by me]

Somehow I had a suspicion that this might be the case, there would be some reason or other why the Wersi, being played for real, would not appear. That's a pity, it may have helped improve the appeal of this instrument.

I have been waiting all through the many discourses on the subject of Wersi on this forum for some sort of decent demo, and even now, with a golden opportunity to do so on this thread, nothing is forthcoming.

Does tend to make one think that the demos we have heard so far, are indeed the best that the Wersi can come up with.

No, I would not buy one.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 08-18-2008).]

Dennis,

The only reason the Wersi wasn't in the music I have online is because I didn't own it when I tracked the songs. Otherwise it would be all over the place in my songs.

You sure are grasping at straws saying the Wersi demos must be all that it can do and it can't sound any better. I can assure you that you'd be dead wrong but then again all you'd need to do to know for sure is try one out. There are enough Wersi owners in the US that I'm sure someone within reasonable driving distance has one. I know there are several Scala's in Florida and I believe Diki is from FL. Of course he wouldn't drive to audition a Wersi because they're crap anyway. In his humble opinion of course.

My offer is open to anyone who wants to come and see my Abacus Duo Pro in person. So far no takers, no inquiries, only those posting on the forum what a piece of dung the Wersi is.

#240205 - 08/18/08 08:57 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Dennis,

The only reason the Wersi wasn't in the music I have online is because I didn't own it when I tracked the songs. Otherwise it would be all over the place in my songs.

You sure are grasping at straws saying the Wersi demos must be all that it can do and it can't sound any better. I can assure you that you'd be dead wrong but then again all you'd need to do to know for sure is try one out. There are enough Wersi owners in the US that I'm sure someone within reasonable driving distance has one. I know there are several Scala's in Florida and I believe Diki is from FL. Of course he wouldn't drive to audition a Wersi because they're crap anyway. In his humble opinion of course.

My offer is open to anyone who wants to come and see my Abacus Duo Pro in person. So far no takers, no inquiries, only those posting on the forum what a piece of dung the Wersi is.

LOL yes I would LOVE to accept that offer, there's just the small matter of about 14,000 miles!!!

Seriously though, I accept your point that you didn't have it when you recorded..Fair enough.

I must admit that the Tyros I owned did sound a whole lot better "live" than on the MP3 demos.

I do believe that you are passionate about your axe and I for one totally applaud that and respect it.

Its just some of the demos, leave me scratching my head because I KNOW that a keyboard of this price and with the resources available to it just HAS to sound better than the posted examples.

And based on them alone, and ONLY the demos, I would not buy one. Perhaps that view would change after playing it live, I don't know.

Dennis

#240206 - 08/18/08 09:28 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Dnj Offline

No matter what people say about Wersi products here ........the fact remains they are still in business & have many happy customers worldwide....is everybody wrong?

#240207 - 08/18/08 09:41 PM Re: Would you buy a WERSI if they were Cheaper?
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I do believe that you are passionate about your axe and I for one totally applaud that and respect it.

Its just some of the demos, leave me scratching my head because I KNOW that a keyboard of this price and with the resources available to it just HAS to sound better than the posted examples.

And based on them alone, and ONLY the demos, I would not buy one. Perhaps that view would change after playing it live, I don't know.

Dennis

Dennis,

I'll be the first to agree that most of the online MP3 demos are absolutely atrocious and had I based my buying decision on that alone, I'd never have bought a Wersi. When I was doing research prior to buying my Abacus Duo Pro I listened to all the MP3 demo's, spoke with many Wersi owners, and received a few CD's that were done entirely on the Wersi. Claudia Hirschfeld's CD was one of them and it was better than any online demo I've heard from Wersi bar none.

Like others here I didn't have local access to a Wersi so I bought mine having only heard it via online, CD, and from the recommendation of other Wersi owners. Wersi USA (Ralph and Chris) were very helpful in answering all of my questions prior to purchase and I felt confident in their service abilities. I didn't feel my purchase was a gamble because Wersi appeared to have everything I wanted in an instrument. I was truly shocked when I first received the Wersi in person because the way it sounded was far better than I could ever have imagined. The only way I can describe it is this... On my Yamaha's, Technics, Korg's, and Roland's most of the sounds needed to be tweaked to make them sound more realistic and usable. On the Wersi the sounds actually sound real so tweaking wasn't necessary. In fact it wasn't just one sound that was realistic, nearly every sound was. Much like Yamaha owners love their SA and Megavoices. Imagine having 700+ SA voices as opposed to 20 or so, would that make you happy? I'll bet it would. That's how I'd classify the Wersi. Now when I go to compose on the Wersi finding a usable sound isn't a task, I merely choose the sound I want and never think twice about needing to tweak it, manipulate it, or spend hours making it usable.

I realize naysayer's like Diki will still bash the Wersi without ever having used one, but by doing so he and others are making comments without truly knowing what the instrument actually sounds like and what it's true capabilities are. For those few willing to make the effort to audition the instrument in person and make the investment in such a fine instrument, they won't be disappointed.

Anyone in the USA who is interested in hearing a Wersi in person should call Wersi USA and see if there's an end user near you that will let you audition the instrument in person. The Wersi owners I spoke with were a nice bunch of folks and I'm certain like myself they'd gladly let prospective buyers test drive the instrument.

Anyone near me who wants to come by and audition the Wersi, by all means contact me.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online