SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#239719 - 08/09/08 11:39 AM Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Just want to let you know where T2 users in the Netherlands and Belgium put some nice music. www.t-2.nl

Select "Tyros2 forum"
'overige onderwerpen' and the first topic 'muziek van Tyrosspelers'.
I'm deeply impressed by Charly's songs.

Please do not comment in that thread but start a new topic, to keep the musicthread clean. The forum is dutch, but almost every dutchie understands English.... so feel free to join us. Hope to see you there

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 08-10-2008).]

#239720 - 08/09/08 12:10 PM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the link ROEL

#239721 - 08/09/08 11:03 PM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
Lucky2Bhere Offline

kla4,

Incredible...great...excellent demo's.

I downloaded from here.
http://www.t-2.nl/
Live Demo Part 1
Live Demo Part 2
Live Demo Part 3

That's the best I ever heard the Tyros sound and I'm not a big Tyros fan! I particularly liked the trumpet ride on the "big band" demo on 2, and the "Ain't Got That Swing" trumpet on 3. Accordions are the best I ever heard outside of the Ketron.

Are these particular demo's done by Yamaha demonstrators or by your own members?

Is that vibrato on the trumptet done by aftertouch, or programmed into the sample?

Maybe you could tell us a little bit about the club and the demo's listed there and maybe some of the information on the site?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Lucky

#239722 - 08/10/08 01:27 AM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
They are the Demo's done by Peter Baartman i think. And yes he can play anything on the Tyros 2 and make you want to buy ! I almost got caught by him once or twice....had my cheque book ready one time but common sense kicked in and i realised that the T2 would not tick all the boxes for me :-)

#239723 - 08/10/08 01:48 AM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
kla4 Offline

Lucky,
These are not the ones I was pointing to. The three files are a compilation of the first introduction show by Peter Baartmans and Michel Voncken.
In the Tyros2 forum Frans (theplayer) created some space for members of the Dutch Tyros2 owners to put their 'home made' music.
As you probably noticed I edited my first post. (added the 'Tyros2 forum' in the path)

Roel

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 08-10-2008).]

#239724 - 08/10/08 09:35 PM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Spalding...I'll tell you what it did for me. It made me realize that the high-end arrangers are just plain a lot of fun.

More than that, they make for a great platform to bounce your musical ideas off of. I can play like a trumpet player would on the piano until the cows come home, but there's nothing like having a good trumpet patch under your fingertips.

Up to now, I've been considering buying a Ketron, but concerned about "will it pay itself off?" in today's music scene. After listening to those demo's, I'm now thinking "who cares...I want to have fun like Peter is!"

Lucky

#239725 - 08/10/08 09:52 PM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Hi Roel,

I think I'm getting it now although I'm also wondering how everyone else here "got it" right off the bat!

So you're part of a Tyros club in the Netherlands? I Googled Peter and Michel, found they were top Yamaha demonstrators. I'm assuming they played for your club and you recorded it. You then filled in between the dots with recordings from your own members?

Two questions here:

I can tell he is a fine player, but....he doesn't use the "fill/break" button, or at least he didn't on the "big band" sound where it would have made a huge difference.

Also, he doesn't "breathe" as a trumpet player would.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not criticizing. It's just that he's such a fine player, I'm wondering why he overlooked this?

Any comments about that? From anyone?

Demo 3:

Who is doing that stirring song (and what is the name of it?) after "if it ain't got that swing?" at 00:35?

On the first accordion piece where he plays the tango (at 3:13)...is he playing both accordion bass and right hand at the same time using the split point and no arranger style?

Great jazz accordion and he plays fine Musette! I'd swear that was a real accordion the way he plays it!

#239726 - 08/11/08 01:09 AM Re: Great Tyros2 recordings at www.t-2.nl
kla4 Offline

Lucky,
a. I'm not a member of the Tyros2 'club' but only one of the moderators of www.t-2.nl forum brought by Oostendorp Music.

b. The (poor)live recordings are from the Innsbruck presentation for dealers, sept. 2005. I did some audio editing and took the best parts and glued them together. Those three files you find under "geluids demo's "

c. The forum of www.t-2.nl contains recordings of forum-members, most of them are amateurs.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online