SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#238567 - 07/19/08 06:54 PM OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Not my bag. Too much wasted time, and not enough benifit for me. Thanx to all who added me as friends, but I cancelled the accnt. Too many of my students are adicted to it. One girl wrote a paper singing it's prases last year. I outgreww it as fast as I signed up for it!
I hope all of you who use it are happy and satisfied! Best of luck to you all!

#238568 - 07/20/08 07:05 AM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Yeah, this is the second time I've signed up and I am still not convinced this is a good place for me. Way too many ads for dating, meeting, sex etc. I set up an account but, like you, I may be cancelling sooner than later. It's kind of spooky to me. What are the thought of other users?

#238569 - 07/20/08 08:40 AM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup - it's the dating ads that did me in. I felt like a perv just signing on, seeing all these animated floozies that are younger than my daughters !

#238570 - 07/20/08 09:47 AM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
The whole look of the whole site is just too busy for me. I must be getting old.
My daughter has an acct. and it was great when she did an internship in China she uploaded pictures and within minutes I was printing them out and sharing them with her grandmother, who of course didn't understand how they got here so fast. "Must have been expensive" she thought.

#238571 - 07/20/08 02:18 PM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Uncle Dave, Cassp: I agree 100%...There's more stuff on my myspace page that I don't want, than I do, with no apparent way to get rid of it...

I'm asking myself how many of "my kind of people" are browsing Myspace looking for Bill Corfield? Not many, I say...

If someone is looking for me, all they have to do is type my name into their browser and bam! I'm at the top of the list...What's better than that, eh?

I don't see me sticking with it...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#238572 - 07/20/08 06:23 PM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
FYI, I have cancelled my second MySpace account in a year. I'm just not that needy that I have to have one of these accounts right now. Too many ads to make using the site worthwhile FOR ME.

#238573 - 07/20/08 07:04 PM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
Bill in Dayton Offline

Yup...

I went to Myspace and saw something about a nipple-ring...

Time to move on...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#238574 - 07/20/08 07:27 PM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
Dnj Offline

#238575 - 07/20/08 08:25 PM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
Bill in Dayton Offline

The guy who posted this article and asks the reader if parents are using myspace as destructively as some kids do, is IMO a twit...(Not Donny!)

One of our jobs as a parent is to keep our kids safe. Yes, parents should give their kids plenty of privacy and respect, but some parents cop out on their responsibilities under this same reason. "Trust but verify" like Prez. Reagan used to say to the Russkies...

Its not our job to be our kids friends. Hopefully things are friendly, and once the child reaches adulthood then a more equal 1 on 1 friendship can develop, but parents who try to parent their kids by being pals with them often turn out to be lousy role models...

When I was a younger parent, I tried to be "a pal" and it didn't work...actually, the kids say they prefer Dad to act like Dad, lol..

I have the passwords and what not to both our kids myspace pages and check them often. They know we check them a lot and we have at times, taken away their priveledges. Usually because of other kids being nasty or something.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 07-20-2008).]

#238576 - 07/21/08 04:43 AM Re: OT - No more MySpace for the Uncle
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
To add to Bill's thoughts
When my daughters were teenagers they thought I was the biggest a***&^%$# in the world and swore they would treat their kids better than I treated them.
Now both have educated themselves and have careers and thank me everyday for taking the time and effort to teach them the common sense that so many of their friends lack.

As I'm sure other fathers here know, nothing is more satisfying than to have their children say "thank you" for caring enough to not take the easy way out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online