SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237561 - 07/07/08 12:50 PM Sharing stage on a gig
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Our Sunday night gig...we have to share the stage with the house band..{only their equipment..not the musicians}..

This can really be a pain in the butt...

They never make room for you...Drums..saxes..percussion.. even a trombone..tons of monitors..amp racks, eq, effects..etc..The house has a monster JBL dual 15's with horns (pair)..and actually a set of nice Yorkville Pulse monitors(10")..they did sound better than the JBL's..

Trying to get to a point on stage that we can play the gig..without disturbing the house band gear...is a real struggle..

Oh yeah!!

I had to use the keyboard players gear...

Moog Taurus bass pedals..A Kurz 1200..and thankfully sitting above the Kurz...a G1000..

It was surprising..I had to get the hang of getting around on the G1000 again(Even though I owned one for 8 or 9 years)...

We have 8 more weeks of Sundays here..so I better get use to it..

This is the place that the "old" groups from the 60's and 70's stop in on Sunday nights...And I really miss having my G70 on hand...but the G1000 will get me through..

#237562 - 07/07/08 12:56 PM Re: Sharing stage on a gig
Dnj Offline

Fran an old Pro like you should have NO problems at all...

#237563 - 07/07/08 12:57 PM Re: Sharing stage on a gig
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"OLD"

#237564 - 07/08/08 10:59 PM Re: Sharing stage on a gig
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You have every right to request that the stage be cleared at least enough for your skelital set up. If they don't move the gear - tell them YOU will, and watch them comply !
House band or not - it's your stage on Sunday, and you need to have room for essentials.

#237565 - 07/09/08 05:45 AM Re: Sharing stage on a gig
Dnj Offline

Common Fran make room for YOUR G70

#237566 - 07/09/08 06:30 AM Re: Sharing stage on a gig
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Been there and did exactly what Dave said. They moved their gear aside, I set up and never had another problem. The night before I had to play they moved their gear to the back of the stage and left room for me at the front. I WILL NOT use anyone elses sound system or other equipment--and they CANNOT use mine.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#237567 - 07/09/08 08:40 AM Re: Sharing stage on a gig
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Yup, yup, yup...either they move it or you will...

What's the nature of gig? Is it a church setting? I've had a few things at churches where they have their worship band equipment all set and I can understand how its a PITA the move it all.

I usually show for a mid week social dinner/hour type thing and have found setting up on the floor works just fine. I prefer to be closer to the audience than not...

Good Luck-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 07-09-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online