SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#237334 - 07/02/08 05:22 PM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary, after the 6th..stop by my house..there should be lots of fireworks..

#237335 - 07/02/08 06:59 PM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
The 6th..LaPiazza's Wildwood[where celebs stop in)...miss my wife's 44th anniversary...

Wouldn't that make it YOUR anniversary, as well?

Congrats, anyway...

#237336 - 07/02/08 07:24 PM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
It is like the lost weekend..I gig Friday , Sat, and Sunday...
The 4th..outdoor deck party at lighthouse point, Wildwood, NJ.....miss our family picnic..
The 5th..Sea Isle Yacht club...miss my daughters birthday party..
The 6th..LaPiazza's Wildwood[where celebs stop in)...miss my wife's 44th anniversary...

It wasn't until my kids were married that I found out how much they HATED the fact that I missed sooooo many events ...
Making other people happy with our music may be "HOW WE ROLL", but that doesn't mean all our family members feel the same way, whether they say it or not ...
Anyway, "it is what it is" ...
Happy Fourth, everyone ...
PS ...I'm going to try to make up for some "lost" family time starting on Sunday, when we ALL (our 2, spouses, and 4 grandkids) start on an 8 day cruise to Bermuda ...
t.

#237337 - 07/02/08 08:12 PM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Gary, after the 6th..stop by my house..there should be lots of fireworks..

#237338 - 07/02/08 08:14 PM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
Dnj Offline

Tony....as a pro musician Im with my family more then most ordinary 9-5 working people for sure...think about it

#237339 - 07/03/08 12:53 AM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
3rd - club date

4th - family get together in the day, then we're doing jazz til the fireworks start:
http://www.gbgm-umc.org/miltonfumc/index_files/page0007.htm

5th - 10 piece Big Bad Voodoo Daddy type band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW3cFytOWxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du1Ps0DLazg

Scott

#237340 - 07/03/08 06:38 AM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Tony....as a pro musician I'm with my family more then most ordinary 9-5 working people for sure...think about it

Donny ... My comment wasn't directed at you personally ... It was more in response to Fran mentioning the family events he was going to miss ... Which I am sure you have done as well during your career, as many family events are celebrated the same time WE are helping OTHERS celebrate theirs ...

In MY case, I was a full time 9 to 5er, and a 'weekend warrior', which made it tougher ...

t.

#237341 - 07/03/08 07:51 AM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Wouldn't that make it YOUR anniversary, as well?

Congrats, anyway...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder how many other guys view their (excuse me; their wife's) anniversary that way. Does that mean that waaaaay down deep, we don't consider ourselves married at all? Lots of food for thought here. I think I'll pose the question to my wife.......maybe not. Anyway, have a good one. I'll be involved in voter registration activities for most of the day then a 'jam' at the club starting at 7pm with some high-profile b-listers promising to drop in.

chas

#237342 - 07/03/08 07:59 AM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Donny ... My comment wasn't directed at you personally ... It was more in response to Fran mentioning the family events he was going to miss ... Which I am sure you have done as well during your career, as many family events are celebrated the same time WE are helping OTHERS celebrate theirs ...

In MY case, I was a full time 9 to 5er, and a 'weekend warrior', which made it tougher ...

t.

Tony I understand....enjoy the holiday!

#237343 - 07/03/08 08:13 AM Re: Who's GIGGIN' 4th of July....?
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder how many other guys view their (excuse me; their wife's) anniversary that way. Does that mean that waaaaay down deep, we don't consider ourselves married at all? Lots of food for thought here. I think I'll pose the question to my wife.......maybe not. Anyway, have a good one. I'll be involved in voter registration activities for most of the day then a 'jam' at the club starting at 7pm with some high-profile b-listers promising to drop in.

chas

Not ME ... this November we will be celebrating 10 years of happily married life - 10 out of 45 isn't too bad, it it ?!?!? ...

Actually getting married was the best thing I've ever done - second is retiring from the day job ...
Although the 45th anniversary isn't until Nov., we will be celebrating it aboard the cruise ship "Norwegian Dawn" next week with our kids and grandkids ... http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=DAWN

chas .. the jam sounds like a great way to end the 4th .....

t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online