SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#237259 - 08/02/08 03:31 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mind you, you don't see Jørgen speaking up when a Roland thread gets hijacked!

There are technical, focused fora, and there are GENERAL arranger fora. Things tend to get general, on a 'general' forum...

#237260 - 08/02/08 06:51 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
My thoughts exactly!

Not bitchin' just my humble observation, which is shared by others. I do learn a lot here. Sometimes the personalities get overbearing. I'll say it again................

"This place never changes"

#237261 - 08/03/08 12:10 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
"This place never changes"

It's not this role of this place to change. It is up to the personalities that post here to change. I am not the "personality police". And I hate to think what that role would require. It would be a moderator's nightmare to have to try to censor every posting based on .... ummm I don't even know what that sort of censorship would be based on. And I know people would become very offended if I did start censoring postings in general. Just show some maturity and simply ignore postings from people that are unable to act maturely. It's the same as if you were talking together in any public place. You wouldn't even bother to engage someone in conversation that seemed to be acting like a jerk, you would just ignore them and walk on by. Do the same here as well and it will avoid a lot of unecessary aggravation.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-03-2008).]

#237262 - 08/03/08 01:54 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Diki

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Mind you, you don't see Jørgen speaking up when a Roland thread gets hijacked!

Right! 'cause I dont read Roland threads.

I might be naive; but I believed that the discussions were to stick to the thread subject (or rather close connected); and not anything else.

IMO we would all benefit if we all try to keep the discussion on the thread subject.

And if we want to discuss a new subject then start a new thread with this subject.

Just my opinion!!!
Jørgen

PS: Maybe I should read Rolands threads (and all other threads). As the thread subject apparantly is only a vague reflection of the thread content; I might find something interesting in ALL threads.

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#237263 - 08/03/08 02:59 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Maybe I should read Rolands threads (and all other threads). As the thread subject apparantly is only a vague reflection of the thread content; I might find something interesting in ALL threads.

#237264 - 08/03/08 06:17 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
zuki Offline

These threads take course due to the lull in the arranger marketplace. Boring these days.....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57 studio

#237265 - 08/03/08 07:02 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

Oh No!!! Zuki your not bored with your PA800....its been a while

#237266 - 08/03/08 08:44 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
As the thread subject apparantly is only a vague reflection of the thread content; I might find something interesting in ALL threads.

True that, Jørgen... In fact, it's the main reason I read ALL the threads here (despite only using a Roland). If I want to hear and talk about nothing but Roland's, I go to Roland-Arranger.com. As you, no doubt, go to the Yamaha specific, high population fora.

But when I want to talk and read about arrangers in GENERAL (see the connection? ), I come here. As do most of us that feel that way. And let's face it, if the majority of the Yamaha owners here really WANTED nice tight topics, and no other opinion, viewpoints and discussion, well, they'd be at those other fora in the first place, wouldn't they?

So, let me get this straight... You want to come to a forum where Yamaha's are only a PART of the membership. And you'd like to talk about the T3. But you don't want ANY talk on a T3 thread from other viewpoints, other opinions, and comparisons to any other arranger?

Best of luck, mate

The day that Yamaha owners don't feel welcome to comment on a Roland thread, or Ketron owners fell they are not welcome to interject opinion in a Korg thread, this place will be much the poorer for it... IMO

#237267 - 08/03/08 12:39 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Diki

I read many (app. 10) forums each day (English, German, Danish) and I feel welcome in all these forums. But I do not have the time to read all threads in all these forums (Remember that only the Danish of these are in my native tounge. Takes a little longer for me to read the discussions).

My point is: If the thread subject reflected the discussions it would easier for me AND ANYBODY ELSE to find the threads to read if I/they for some reason have to give priority to some threads. Just like reading only some parts of a newspaper based on the article heading!

Still just my opinion.

Best wishes
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online