SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#237189 - 07/12/08 12:05 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks for your reply Dennis.

Since the Motif Racks are basically a Motif keyboard without the keys I assumed the Motif Rack modules were not 'fully' GM compatible since the Motif 'keyboards' aren't, from what I've been told anyway. And guess how I found out about the Motif keyboards (side note: in particular he was talking about the Motif XS keyboard) but would apply to the whole Motif line no doubt - that's right, our friend Phil Clendeninn i.e. Bad_Mister of Yamaha U.S.. Now, he could have blurted out that piece of information and it may have been incorrect (nobody's perfect right?) , but when I called him on it he didn't reverse the remark he made, so I assume he was stating facts and knew what he was talking about. Anyway, if you know something regarding the Motif Racks that proves they are "fully" GM compatible then I don't doubt you Dennis. I haven't read the RACK-XS manual yet and the manual could specifically state that it/they are i.e. "fully" GM compatible. If the Motif Racks ARE then all the better.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-12-2008).]

#237190 - 07/12/08 12:31 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
GM and GM2 have nothing much to do with Mega voices. I was informed a while back that if you record an SMF on a T2 or S900, using a style that has Mega voices, if it is played into a Motif with supposedly the same Mega voices, some of the trigger notes (you know, the stuff that is added to the basic notes to give it the extra realism) don't correspond on the Motif.

My idea was to use an S900 at home to generate the guitar parts for SMF's, then play it into a Motif Rack on the gig (don't want to haul two keyboards, no matter HOW light the second one is! ) from my G70. Apparently, this can't be done.

Is there anyone out there that can directly refute this from personal experience (not just reading a manual)..? It would be great if it COULD be done, but from what I've been told, it's a no-go...

#237191 - 07/12/08 12:48 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Mike,

The proof is in the use!!

I have a multi setup for that purpose, for when I am trialling new smf songs.
It responds to ALL midi commands and works exactly as a GM module should.

I do not use the GM setup for shows as I have other multis for them using higher bank sounds.

Now, without putting words into hi mouth, I suspect Phil was perhaps trying to say the Motif line, and by extension the racks, are not GM sound modules, and he is correct they are not, and they are not setup to be so. But they ARE GM compatible and will respond as I have previously stated when setup for that purpose.

Dennis

#237192 - 07/12/08 12:57 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Diki,
I suspect there is much more going on "under the hood" in the execution of mega voices.

I have never really dissected a song file created by a Tyros, to reverse engineer so to speak, but I wouldn't mind betting there is also some serious sysex being generated at the same time. Sysex that would ONLY be programmed into the Tyros style data.

There are limited mega voices on the Motif ES and when I have tried to play Yamaha styles (using the OMB software) and trying to utilise these mega voices the style always "glitches" and through a process of elimination I have concluded there is more happening in the CASM section and with the mega voice than is apparent.

If someone can record a simple SMF using a mega voice style, it only needs to be 8 bars, and send it to me I would be interested in attempting to investigate just what is happening. I had a tyros 1, but never thought of actually recording a style to an SMF, but sadly I no longer have it.

Dennis

#237193 - 07/14/08 05:33 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

"Be part of electronic keyboard history and join us for one of the first UK public showings of the new Yamaha Tyros 3 at the East Sussex National Golf Club & Resort in East Sussex on Wednesday 8th October 2008.

The instrument will be presented by Yamaha International keyboard player/demonstrator Peter Baartmans.".................

#237194 - 07/15/08 06:44 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

http://music-tyros.com/

New Pics revealed....

what are those two buttons alongside the Mod wheels?...........Hmmmmmm?

#237195 - 07/15/08 07:17 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I beleive those buttons are for the Ariabic type scales for instant changes, like the S700

#237196 - 07/15/08 07:24 AM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I beleive those buttons are for the Ariabic type scales for instant changes, like the S700

Frank I think they are more like the PA800 ASSIGNABLE buttons which can trigger many different funtions on/off/etc?

#237197 - 07/15/08 05:22 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have a sinking feeling they might be the same kind of assignable switches they have on the MotifXS, which controls a lot of the SA voices, and has been received very poorly in comparison to the system used on the T2...

But for all here, I sincerely hope NOT...

#237198 - 07/15/08 05:30 PM Re: TYROS 3 ITS COMING SOON !!
Dnj Offline

Diki......Dont you like Jig Saw Puzzles?....why think negative? ....
The T3 will be the best arranger ever created on this planet so far!!!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online