SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#236295 - 06/20/08 04:37 AM Re: Is there any better audio system other than Logitech Z5500?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Again you have to agree with DonM this southern gentleman has a way with words. And his thoughts are always right on target.
But ya gotta know anyplace the word Bose shows up on this forum the guy that has never owned or used one will be there to hijack the thread.

#236296 - 06/20/08 06:59 AM Re: Is there any better audio system other than Logitech Z5500?
Dnj Offline

Sunny aside from in Church have you played through the Z5500 in other rooms.....interested to hear about your experiences there. BTW what EQ settings, etc.. are you using with the Logitech?

#236297 - 06/20/08 09:47 AM Re: Is there any better audio system other than Logitech Z5500?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Sunny,

No doubt the Bose system is amoung the best out there but there are some other choices.

I play mostly small venues - medium to small rooms and I use two M-Audio BX5a speakers. Cost was about $300.00 for the pair from GC. They are "moniters" and are flat which I like. I use just the EQ form the keyboard and it works very well and produces very acceptable sound.

I will likely upgrade to the Bose system this year because with the two M-Audios you still get the uneven distribution of sound -loud up front and less sound in the rear. The Bose system seems to solve this problem which I think will be very helpful. I know there are other good choices but I am not a speaker guru - only have experience with those I have mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Hammer

#236298 - 06/20/08 11:39 AM Re: Is there any better audio system other than Logitech Z5500?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The only time I chime in on Bose threads is to return a little reality to the trance like state so many owners get themselves into. It doesn't work for everyone, it isn't the best solution for all situations or budgets, and it is comparatively VERY expensive.

Of course, you will rarely get that from an actual owner...

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the majority of times I give a recommendation about some equipment a member is looking into, I DON'T usually recommend what I use. Unless what I use fits their exact stated needs, which is seldom. I try to think of what THEY might need, can afford, are familiar with, etc., etc..

To be honest, I think that's what the poster is really looking for. There are several posts here about equipment that is FAR more in line with what the initial poster is using, and will still be an improvement without breaking the bank and presenting a paradigm shift in how they amplify their arranger

I guess the trick would have been to recommend the PAS, but then offer some more realistic alternatives when the Ferrari of PA's turns out to be too expensive/complicated/whatever... But often, you can't get any admission out of a Bose owner that there IS any alternative! Before sunny goes off and blows three grand or more of his church's precious offerings, can we at least get some alternatives out of the Bose crowd?

The poster deserves it, doesn't he?

#236299 - 06/20/08 03:56 PM Re: Is there any better audio system other than Logitech Z5500?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dikki, thank you for proving my statements to be true. So far you have posted several times on this thread with NO recommendations, and no attempt to help, only negative and sarcastic outbursts.
I currently own four complete p.a. systems and have tried virtually everything on the market. There are many good systems. I have heard the L1 in a couple of churches and it does a great job, once again IF IT IS IN YOUR BUDGET. Most churches I've seen spend far more on inferior systems.
Despite your assumptions, Sunny seems to have some interest in at least learning about the Bose. BTW, you can get the original L1 system, brand new, for $2,000, shipped. In addition to my nightly job on which I use the Ketron SD5, I've played two parties this week, using PSR S900 with the L1. It works great.
DonM

#236300 - 06/20/08 11:05 PM Re: Is there any better audio system other than Logitech Z5500?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks for proving both our statements true...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online