Topic Options
#236109 - 06/15/08 08:07 AM Att Diki and others who missed them
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#236110 - 06/15/08 03:08 PM Re: Att Diki and others who missed them
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do any of these impress you much, Bill?

Certainly none of the guitar chording ones do, for me... The jazz one was OK for a while, then the odd nature of the drum fills started to grate. But on the whole, an utterly unconvincing set of demos, IMO...

Maybe it's from coming from a background of using VSTi's and chord loop libraries in the studio for years, but the 'gee whiz!' factor long ago departed for me, and the limitations become far more apparent. I honestly don't think these guitar loop libraries work well in a realtime environment, and in all honesty, I don't think their inventors really see them in that role yet.

I honestly think that Yamaha's Mega technology completely blows away ANY of those guitar loop examples, is FAR more playable, is FAR more editable and is FAR less expensive!

I also think that my G70's main grand patch is easily an equal for those VSTi piano patches, and it's B3 sim can get very close to what I heard (not quite as good, but definitely not 4-5 grand worse!).

Drums... well only the jazz demo had anything that got my juices flowing. The rest, if not buried in the mix, sounded no better than anything I've already got..

I just hate to keep saying it, but on the whole, either it IS impossible to get a good, well balanced sound out of the OAS system, or it's so difficult that no-one has figured out how to do it yet... This batch of demos has done little to change my mind, that's for sure.

You want guitar strums and picking patterns with the most authenticity, and ease of playing on your arranger? Forget all this VSTi cr@p, it's just not ready yet. Get a Yamaha. And save$4000+

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online