SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#236051 - 06/14/08 06:49 AM What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Dnj Offline

When its quite obvious the were enjoyed & loved by so many?

sorry for the typos

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-14-2008).]

#236052 - 06/14/08 07:03 AM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Technics Musical Instrument division was a small part of the Matsushita Corporation and accounted for about 1% of sales, so in came the accountants and declared it too small to spend money on, results: Bye Bye Technics. (In virtually all companies, accountants take priority over customers)
It’s as simple as that.

Bill

#236053 - 06/14/08 07:18 AM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Dnj Offline

That is really sad if that's what happened....especially for the players who really enjoyed these Keyboards & many who actually learned from the start how to play on them also. Too bad someone didn't take over the line and keep producing them till today.

#236054 - 06/14/08 08:04 AM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It is sad,and many have purchased back up boards. The price of a KN7000 in good shape is around $3000. I stole mine for $2600 new. It definitely was ahead of it's time four years ago.

#236055 - 06/14/08 09:19 AM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
A number of the Technics team here in the UK went into Korg & Yamaha.

#236056 - 06/14/08 10:29 AM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have heard so many opinions on why they went out-of-business but I still feel they may be another answer. They had a keyboard that was way out front in many ways -- and they were selling – with that they stopped production.
1-Do you gave away a winner?
2-Why hasn’t somebody picked up where they stopped?
3-Do they know something we do not know?

I would have without doubt purchased a KN8000, I was never disappointed from the KN1000 to the Kn7000 without missing the new flagship model.

I bought a S900 to hold me off until I see what the new Tyros has to offer.

John C.

#236057 - 06/14/08 12:11 PM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Dnj Offline

The KN5000 I bought from Don Mason many years ago was acually one of my favorite arrangers out of the many that I have owned Loved the Sound & Styles & Tilt screen....I tried the KN6000 but couldn't embrace it for my needs....The KN7000 was very interesting when I played it in Dan O's store in MD....but the deal killer was the Sunken Key-bed, I kept hitting my fingers on each end, but I enjoyed the big screen and features, pads were cool too.
There has to be a real answer why they are gone....or maybe some rich entrepreneur can start off where Technics left off ?
There demise really left many users with a sour taste in the mouths of the dedicated players.....its a real shame!

#236058 - 06/14/08 01:11 PM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Yes it was a sad day when Technics had the plug pulled from their business .

I was told ,that someone made enquiries to purchase the Technics Brand ..but this was declined by Matushita/panasonic .

i discoverd purely by chance about 12yrs ago the wonderful sounds of technics !!whilst doing a gig with my Elka midi accordion and elka accomps unit .

A keyboard player was backing the small village hall concert show,where I was asked to perform ...and i was stunned by what that single manual keyboard could achieve.

I purchased the smac1200 module and had it midied to my accordion ..and suddenly a whole new world of music opened up to me .

Top quality Glenn Miller Arrangement styles, strict tempo dancing style ,latin , sounds of the 60's awesome Land of hope and Glory .rule Britannia etc , Dambuster march with sound effects ,
the Late and great Dusty Springfield hit "you don't have to say you love me" with the proper style accomps !!!!
I have a big collection of Technics style soft-ware
I could write pages about the Technics styles ,,,,,,,, many people on the forum know that I've tried other modules and "Y" and I've not been happy due to the lack of top quality song specific styles .
I've built up complete sets all around the technics styles and I've found the other brands lacking in certain areas .
I've done gigs and T2 owners have come up to me and said that they wish their keyboard sound as good as my midi accordion and that they wished they had the same great styles.
i also purchased the Kn7000 it was ahead of it's time and have the 4 expansion boards fitted and in my opinion the female soprano opera voice is the best on the market .....I've yet to hear anything better !!!
I've wasted money purchasing various other makes of module and keyboard in the last few years in my quest to replace my beloved "Technics products" only to be very disappointed ....

I'm sticking with what i know and what certainly works for me .

Thanks for starting this discussion .

it has not been my intention to "knock" the other makes of keyboard/modules as they all have advantages and disadvantages

Regards to you all

Giovanni (norwich norfolk England)

#236059 - 06/14/08 01:31 PM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I think Technics painted themselves into a corner...

For what they WERE good at, they were very good. But there's a whole new generation of arranger players that never play big-band music and ballroom favorites, and Technics never really stepped up and addressed this, unlike Y, K & R.

Specialization is a double edged sword. It will get you get you a large percentage of a certain market. But if that market is shrinking, you are in deep doo

#236060 - 06/14/08 02:07 PM Re: What was the REAL Reason TECHINCS Stoped production of their Keybaords.......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But there's a whole new generation of arranger players that never play big-band music and ballroom favorites, and Technics never really stepped up and addressed this, unlike Y, K & R.

I cant agree with that.....Technics arrangers gave you EVERYTHING in EVERY GENRE in the style dept letting you choose what you want to play....or if needed you can certainly incorporate any styles you need to flash ram or USB stick etc, etc,......Ballroom, Latin, Country, Disco R&Roll, Pop is more popular then ever out there for audiences to Dance to & enjoy.
In no way was this technics reason to not be here any more......I would lean towards a financial decision & possibly lost sales in the mist of fierce competition.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online