SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#235359 - 06/04/08 07:15 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Dnj Online   content
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 38753
Loc: NJ
With fast light action

Top
#235360 - 06/04/08 08:05 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
BEBOP Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 01/02/00
Posts: 3770
Loc: San Jose, California
I received an email questioniere from Yamaha a couple of days ago. I think it was about 30 questions, maybe more.
I spent quite a bit of time on it to be sure I really got the answers right as they related to me and my experience.
I submitted it to them. A few hours later they emailed me again, stating they had sent me the wrong questions and asked if I would do it over.
I politely declined.
I used to go to local seminars where they paid me 200.00 and a meal for a round table discussion in front of two way mirrors that hid their execs.
Now they want me to do it for free and can't even get it right.
Bebop
_________________________
BEBOP

Top
#235361 - 06/04/08 08:16 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Stephenm52 Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 04/13/05
Posts: 4426
Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I received an email questioniere from Yamaha a couple of days ago. I think it was about 30 questions, maybe more.
I spent quite a bit of time on it to be sure I really got the answers right as they related to me and my experience.
I submitted it to them. A few hours later they emailed me again, stating they had sent me the wrong questions and asked if I would do it over.
I politely declined.
I used to go to local seminars where they paid me 200.00 and a meal for a round table discussion in front of two way mirrors that hid their execs.
Now they want me to do it for free and can't even get it right.
Bebop


I got the same survey and same 2nd e-mail requesting doing the survey over. I did, they were pretty much the same questions. Looks like the first survey was designed for UK customers since all monetary vaules were in Pounds, the second survey quoted US Dollars. As far as I can tell that was the only difference. BTW there was no question as to my preference for 61 or 76 keys

Top
#235362 - 06/04/08 12:42 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
jedi Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 02/07/02
Posts: 1125
Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Bebop ,

I received the same survey , the reason they sent you another was the first one was for UK buyers/sellers.

The second one was the corrected version for US.

Take care !!

Gary 

Top
#235363 - 06/04/08 05:13 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Diki Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 04/25/05
Posts: 12861
Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
BTW there was no question as to my preference for 61 or 76 keys



And that, my friends, is market research! It is the art of only asking the questions that you WANT the answers to, and asking the questions in a way that you get the answers you want!

Then, when users complain about not getting something, you say 'But we did a market survey!'

Top
#235364 - 06/04/08 09:48 PM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Bachus Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 03/02/06
Posts: 6500
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And that, my friends, is market research! It is the art of only asking the questions that you WANT the answers to, and asking the questions in a way that you get the answers you want!

Then, when users complain about not getting something, you say 'But we did a market survey!'


Amen
_________________________
Yamaha Genos and Modx 8, MFC10, Ipad pro.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Top
#235365 - 06/05/08 05:11 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
ianmcnll Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 07/27/05
Posts: 10581
Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
BTW there was no question as to my preference for 61 or 76 keys



Roland should have queried this as well...consider the sad tale of G70 and E-60...dismal sales.

Perhaps all companies could/should be more detailed in their surveys and possibly prevent disasters like this from ever happening.

Ian
_________________________
Yamaha Tyros4, Yamaha MS-60S Powered Monitors(2), Yamaha CS-01, Yamaha TQ-5, Yamaha PSR-S775.

Top
#235366 - 06/05/08 06:43 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Dnj Online   content
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 38753
Loc: NJ
Ian.....maybe all other arranger companies will no longer be around & take the sad path of Technics........leaving only Yamaha to carry on

Top
#235367 - 06/05/08 06:45 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
leeboy Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 10/09/04
Posts: 2144
Loc: Columbia City, IN USA
This thing on 61 vs 76 is SIMPLE.
It's a no brainer to offer both.

The engineering and mfg cost is trivial.
A 61 vs 76 MIDI keyboard is less than $200 difference. That include cabinet and keys!
Of course it helps when your cabinet straight forward, like S900.

Any Mfg that does not offer both is MISSING THE BOAT. Some of us want 61, others 76.

Asside from political reasons 61 and 76 should be available in every arranger!

End of story.

I talked to a Roland factory Rep. on Saturday, he said some of the reason the G-70 did not sell as well as expected was due to pricing differences/availability from different KINDS of Dealers(Piano stores vs others). He said that issue is fixed but he did not expect the sales to catch up. The G-70 is super, IMHO I don't think lack of sales was due to 76 keys vs 61.

Lee



[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 06-05-2008).]
_________________________
Lee S.

Top
#235368 - 06/05/08 07:22 AM Re: More Tyros3 news or rumors?
Bachus Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 03/02/06
Posts: 6500
Offcourse not Lee...

Yamaha just sells better because they actually have a decent good marketing strategy for their products...

A dealer can make more money on a Yamaha then on a Roland or Korg, thats why so many dealers overhere in europe are actually pushing yamaha's

Its got nothing to do with 76 keys...


And ian... I told you allready that the E60 sells better in europe then the E50. Where euope is the main market for the arranger products and canada just a very small niche market. So please stop using this as an excample in these 76 key discussions..


Basically every topics seems to end up intoo this discussion......even if you donīt want-need a 76 keys arranger, whats wrong with admitting that there are a lot people all over the place that prefer 76 keys above 61 keys.
_________________________
Yamaha Genos and Modx 8, MFC10, Ipad pro.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Top
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 



Help keep Synth Zone Online