SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#235127 - 05/31/08 09:37 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Bachus Offline

Its changing... Korg is allready raising their US pricess while their EU pricess stay the same.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#235128 - 05/31/08 09:40 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I understand that Europe has a better market and liking for arrangers, so possibly the price is worth the payback. In the US, with exception of this YOUNG PROFESSIONAL GROUP we have here, it is obvious that Tyros 3 if for the affluent retirees. Even if I wanted one, I couldn't afford it.

#235129 - 05/31/08 10:36 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
mr9000 Offline

Man & wow..if these are the only changes,what a very-mild upgrade over the Ty2!
Looks good i'll now be awaiting until Mr.T4 comes a hopping.

#235130 - 05/31/08 10:45 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
In all probability the ones that will upgrade to the Tyros3 will be Tyros1/PSR-3000 owners...maybe even a few S900 users as well.

Tyros2 users will most likely wait for Tyros4.

Ian

#235131 - 05/31/08 11:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
SA switches instead of a footswitch? And which hand, exactly, is going to be free to use these switches?

This was one of the main complaints with the MotifXS... Too much button pushing to get the SA stuff, not enough of it already programmed into the playing. This sounds like a move in the wrong direction, IMO.

Three of those main features could be added to the T2 with no reason to buy a T3... The piano could be released as a sampler load, and the orchestral styles without drums will probably get ported back to the T2 in a matter of weeks, along with the 100 new rhythms and re-worked styles.

If I had a T2 right now, I don't think I would be holding my bated breath for this one...

#235132 - 05/31/08 11:32 AM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
ianmcnll Offline

Maybe the use of the footswitch for SA control will still be an option...can't see why not...certainly would be better for "live" play.

Ian

#235133 - 05/31/08 12:23 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Hi Abacus

I will compare the prices when it hits the shops , allowing for VAT and customs charges and delivery to see if there is any differential -doubt it else everyone would be doing it , and the UK music stores would go bust

If i have to pay full whack i will probably be holding on to my G70 for now , but it's exciting all the same when a new keyboard comes out whether you own it or not!

#235134 - 05/31/08 12:45 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Only a major improvement to the styles and drum sounds would tempt me to even consider "upgrading" from the T2.

AJ

#235135 - 05/31/08 01:01 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Has anyone developed a kick-ass sampled drumkit or two for the T2's sampler..? You would think this is probably the easiest thing to do (no sample stretching problems) with the sampler, and would address the ONE thing the majority of 'pro' players complain about...

Something derived from DFH2 or BFD, or one of the better drum libraries, with multiple velocity levels ought to do the trick. I do almost 90% of my playing with the one kit on my G70... just like a real drummer! He doesn't swap out snare drums between songs, why should my arranger? That ought to make the loading time less of a hassle, just load up at the start of the night (and use a UPS in case of black/brownouts!).

Admittedly, Yamaha's support of their own format is appalling... you'd think they could make gobs of money selling great sounds that the T2 doesn't already have (maybe the best of the MotifXS samples, stuff from their own electronic drum sets, that sort of thing) to savvy T2 users, but NOOOoooo! (thank you, John Belushi!)

But at least a third party could sell them. Why has no-one bothered yet..? Enough certainly complain about the anemic drums

#235136 - 05/31/08 02:01 PM Re: Tyros 3 Preliminary Iinfo
ianmcnll Offline

Not enough complaints, Diki...the drums seem to be just fine for the vast majority...they are part of Yamaha's characteristic polished sound....they aren't going to sound like your G70's drums...they aren't meant to.

Only some of the "pros" seem complain...and they aren't who Yamaha is interested in...Yamaha has a "pro" division for those people...Motif etc.

Yamaha arrangers are considered home product...you know that, buddy...some people are just enterprising enough to use them to make money.

Ian

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online