SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235091 - 05/30/08 01:25 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Pitch correction is used mostly as a post production tool.
The best way to learn to sing better is to sing! Learn to play the melody and sing along with that. Learn different styles, emulate different artists soon you will develope your own style.
So many things make a good vocal, even if you sing on pitch if you don't have a pleasing voice people still won't like it.
We have all heard singers that technically sing right on pitch yet there is still something about their voice that doesn't sound right.

#235092 - 05/30/08 01:31 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Chony, what kind of pitch correction equipment do you use, or have tested?
Lee

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VoiceWorkPls

For performances, if you can sing basically on key, I wouldn't use it. If people notice you are going off, I wouldn't use it either. I think its best used for recording.

#235093 - 05/30/08 01:46 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
So for the guy who constantly sings a little flat it wouldn't be a good tool?

#235094 - 05/30/08 01:55 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
So for the guy who constantly sings a little flat it wouldn't be a good tool?

exactly Cass.....

if you want to be a good singer...its gotta be in you.....and even then its MUCHO practice....plus interacting simultaneously while your playing an arranger is a whole nother LEVEL to get it right....it takes a lifetime of dedication & constant practice if you have the foundation to start building your talents. There is no easy way ....but if YOUR the ONLY one who will listen at home then its a totally different story...but what I say above still applies to even make it a decent sounding performance...I cant stress enough to find your comfort zone for your voice and correct vocal KEY RANGE low & high for EACH song.

Good Luck & save you money on a pitch correction gadget

#235095 - 05/30/08 01:57 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
C'mon guys give us not so good singers a break...just kidding. I know there is no magic bullet. I was just hoping the TC Helicon Voice Works Plus might help me sound a little better and be some fun to experiment with... who knows, maybe it would inspire me to practice more or get some PRO voice lessons!

Lee

#235096 - 05/30/08 02:54 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
You'll definitely have fun with it!

#235097 - 05/30/08 03:19 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Leeboy, a harmonizer is definitely a good add-on if you want to experiment with vocals. With all this talk about off-key singers, it's still a lot of fun to hear harmonies when you sing. I bet you're not as bad as you say. If you would like to hear what harmonizer vocals sound like, chek out "Lyin Eyes" "Crazy Love" or "The Weight" on the Demos page of my website. That is the Roland G70 harmonizer, but I now use a Digitech Vocalist VR.

------------------
Cass

#235098 - 05/30/08 06:45 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
Dnj Offline

Cass do you prefer the VR over the Roland G70 VH?

#235099 - 05/30/08 07:04 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
C'mon guys give us not so good singers a break...just kidding. I know there is no magic bullet. I was just hoping the TC Helicon Voice Works Plus might help me sound a little better and be some fun to experiment with... who knows, maybe it would inspire me to practice more or get some PRO voice lessons!

Lee

No harm intended just trying to be honest...Singing Vocal harmony while playing an arranger keyboard is a whole art-form in itself. Its just another added dimension that as a player You HAVE TO Really "MASTER" or it will sound terrible, since it all corresponds & is activated with your playing you have to be that much better doing BOTH at ONCE. Try to find people in your area who use it WELL, watch them, absorb, and maybe you can pick up some tips to help you along in your own VH venture. Its NOT easy, & it is possible to achieve greatness if you go about it correctly.

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-30-2008).]

#235100 - 05/30/08 07:53 PM Re: Vocal Processors - PITCH Correction
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Have fun with it, Lee...at the very worst, you could wind up sounding like Neil Young...and he's made a career(and lots of money) out of singing off pitch.

Ian

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online