SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#234942 - 05/29/08 03:25 PM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
You don’t know what you got until its gone, and then find out the grass is not always greener over the hill, so consequently you wish you had never moved.

Bill

#234943 - 05/29/08 03:29 PM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Presumably because they were swayed either by some person or persons on fora such as this or, most likely, by manufacturer's blurb which turned out to be not quite up to expectations.

#234944 - 05/29/08 09:26 PM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Still curious why anyone would move off a 'favorite' to something else...

By definition, if you are not playing your favorite now, you gave it up for something you like LESS. Why would anyone want to do this?

Everyone makes mistakes... But one realises the mistake when its to late.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234945 - 05/29/08 10:20 PM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki,
mine was the KN7000. Technics stopped producing.
I prefer a brand with a future. When I get round to updating my Korg, hopefully all the styles I've collected & created will work on the next generation of Korg , they'll probably need tweaking, but all would not be lost.
Didn't see much future in continuing on with Technics, even though I owned 6 of them over the years.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diki:
[B]Still curious why anyone would move off a 'favorite' to something else...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#234946 - 05/30/08 09:11 AM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
You don’t know what you got until its gone, and then find out the grass is not always greener over the hill, so consequently you wish you had never moved.

Bill

So very true.

This is definitely in my case. I got the 800 and gave up too quickly because of my heavy play load and time constraints on learning a new OS. However, the little time I had it was impressive. After a coule weeks gone and playing my PAST board, I realized I needed to get the 800 back and make it work - I am so very glad I did

I cannot see going any other route at this time.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#234947 - 05/30/08 09:26 AM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Still curious why anyone would move off a 'favorite' to something else...

By definition, if you are not playing your favorite now, you gave it up for something you like LESS. Why would anyone want to do this?

I find this to be a simple answer[in my case]...The G1000 was my favorite for what it did...Why I changed?...Added features that I needed ..other than sound/styles/and get around convenience...I needed a mic input and harmonizer with effects.[of high quality]....carrying the Digitech etc was not the answer....The G70 was...

Now it would take a doozy of a board to make me sway from the G70..they haven't made it yet..

#234948 - 05/30/08 09:30 AM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
Dnj Offline

I'll agree.....

ONLY the size & weight made me sell my G70 nothing else swayed my reason....its a SUPER arranger all around.

#234949 - 05/30/08 09:47 AM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have to haul my G70 up a double flight of stairs today..same with my Roland Cubes...Where are the elevator law enforcers..

#234950 - 05/30/08 09:53 AM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, for you Roland fans, it sure would be nice if the company wised up and made the next G-series a lot lighter.

Seems mostly everyone dumped the G70 because it was too heavy.

Can't say I blame them.

Ian

#234951 - 05/30/08 10:44 AM Re: What is or was your favorite arranger of all time!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Well, for you Roland fans, it sure would be nice if the company wised up and made the next G-series a lot lighter.

Seems mostly everyone dumped the G70 because it was too heavy.

Ian

Ian I hope Roland is READING & LISTENING to the public outcry on this and really looking into the weight issue & bring it down to a comfortable transportable unit for the everyday in the trenches performer. Otherwise they already have most features down pat!

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online