SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#234172 - 05/12/08 03:35 AM Fatar Numa
Bachus Offline

First things first, this keyboards name makes me think of an arabic princess. Its new and can do some amazing things....

look intoo this Video at the 2.oo minutes mark... It has a new and unbeleivable organ mode.. It works like my old organ where i just need to touch the keys a little and the organ sounds arived at my ears..(Well its new to me, but if you know any other master keyboards with this feauture, please tell me) Glissando's here we come.....

Sadly not much more is known, about things like aftertouch on this keyboard, i personally couldn't play without it anymore...

I also found a reseller in Germany that has all major masterkeyboards in stock

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234173 - 05/12/08 11:44 AM Re: Fatar Numa
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A problem with controllers using the organ "short-throw" triggering has been 'key bounce'...

Some controllers (and the Korg CX3[new]) have a tendency to double trigger as they are hit, go down to the bottom of the travel, then, as they return to rest they 'bounce' just a bit. With the trigger point for the note on being SO close to the top, that bounce can often trigger an unwanted note. It is so short you often can't hear it well while you play, but in a MIDI editor it is a nightmare to remove, and it is chewing up your polyphony, especially if you use a VSTi like B4.

Just something to watch out for....

#234174 - 05/12/08 12:34 PM Re: Fatar Numa
Bachus Offline

So its not something new after all...

Now i am really wonering which other 88 key masterkeyboards have this?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#234175 - 05/12/08 01:21 PM Re: Fatar Numa
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
None that I know of... this has primarily been a problem with SOME plastic actions set up specifically for short throw organ action. But I see the problem could easily translate over to 88 wood.

I think the problem is more to do with how few actions try hard to stop key bounce at the TOP of the travel (not a problem when the trigger is near the bottom of the throw)...

AFAIK, this particular double action trigger hasn't been tried before, so YMMV...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online