Originally posted by Diki:
OK, next question...

What's the best arranger forum?

Diki thats so easy.......SYNTHZONE

#233950 - 05/12/08 03:24 AM Re: Best styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bachus,
some of the stuff posted on the forum to my mind is a bit confusing & maybe a tad misleading.

EMC currently can't read "PA800/PA2x" styles. I received an email from Klaus
(EMC) a couple of days ago. It appears they're getting it sorted out, they're currently working on the guitar mode tracks.
I haven't received my update yet, as soon as I do, I'll know for sure if it's working.

Secondly, I've converted some styles for my PA800. Currently I have to convert to PA1x format which loads perfectly into the PA800. The style format is similar except that the PA1X only has 2 endings instead of the PA800's 3.

As for style creation functions on the Korg, it has the most comprehensive onboard functions I've had in any of my last 3 keyboards.
Technics Kn7000, Ketron SD1+, PSR1500.
Styles can be recorded from scratch.
Event list note editing for any of the style tracks.
Copying of style tracks. Individually or as complete parts.
Import & export of style parts.ie save a style part( variation,or intro etc) as a midifile, export into pc sequencer for editing, import it back into style as a midifile.
Pads can be save as style tracks & vice versa.
To me, it's fairly comprehensive.

Obviously some of the Korg pro users just want more.

I'll just be wrapped when Klaus gets EMC sorted out, mainly because of the new Import & Export of individual style tracks function. Currently I can't use it for my PA800 files.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I recently did some research after Korg...

And i think they have some decent internall styles.... But currently korg is lacking in support towards 3rd party developers. See this discussion While there where some very very nice things available for the PA1X pro...

Egerlaender style performance
more style demos

But then with the new compressed style format for PA800 and Pa2X and Korg keeping it to themselves there will be no third party styles created for these keyboards, hell you can't even use EMC to convert other manufactorers styles to Pa2X format...You can not even edit your own styles on a PC..

So i agree with this knowledge that Korg is offlimits for me... And i was seriously thinking of going for the PA2X just a couple of days ago... ((Which means i am still saving for a Wersi, or Roland should come with a nice 76 keyer that fits my taste))

I personally really like the onboard styles of Ketron and wersi....

Next to that i think that i think that 3rd party styles are all about the sound quallity of the keyboard and less about the style engine... And this is where Wersi shines as its sounds just better then most other keyboards.. (at 2,3 or 4 times their price level this was to be expected)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#233951 - 05/12/08 03:39 AM Re: Best styles
Bachus Offline

Thanks Rikki,

i also saw your response on the Korg forums... There was also a response from EMC there that stated that they expected it to work correctly for PA800 in the not so distant future.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233952 - 05/12/08 07:18 PM Re: Best styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bachus,
some of the stuff they're talking about is a bit too technical for me.
A lot of these guys use their Korg's to the full extent. They sample, they create styles from scratch etc etc

My main concern was that that whatever was going onwith Korg, was holding up EMC being able to "read" the pa800/PA2x styles format, which was the main reason I upgraded. The new import/export function of individual style tracks in XT is really handy for me, because I mix n match style tracks from various sources, & I can build up a style phrase library.
If I was only into straight converting, I would have just saved them as PA1X files & used them in the PA800 as such.

Don't let what's going on, put you off Korg totally. If deep down you're after a Wersi, sometimes, one is better off waiting. It took me 4 years to find a replacement for my KN7. 4 years spent with OMB software & softsynths, during that time I also ended up with an SD1+ & psr1500. Neither keyboard totally did what I really wanted, & happily I was able to afford to keep them.

I've found I can do most of the stuff I do, in the keyboard itself ( I'm a bit of a style junkie). If users or companies come up with 3rd party software , for organizing files or what ever it is they require, then great, if not, so far for my addiction I'm managing fine with a combination of pc sequencers (xg works & pt12) BIAB, OMB software & EMC & my laptops, very basic, wav editor for editing some of my drum audio loops that I've created (groove files).

Hopefully you get the right keyboard for your needs, can be stressful trying to decide. haahaa though so much fun.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bachus:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#233953 - 05/12/08 08:14 PM Re: Best styles
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
rikki, when dimitris posted all those Pa1X styles that were missing from the Pa800/ Pa2X I did not expect the 3 endings.

However, he pointed out to me that the Pa1X styles have had 3 endings since 3.0.

Graham

#233954 - 05/12/08 10:24 PM Re: Best styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Graham,
thanks for the reminder, I downloaded the styles but haven't checked them as yet.
Hopefully I downloaded the right ones, something like 2to 3 weeks ago?? Time flies.

re Dimitri's PA1x styles for PA800/PA2x,

are you saying the one's posted by Dimitri, he's actually gone to the trouble of sorting thru & removing duplications ? That'll make things so much easier.

Unfortunately it's EMC conversion to PA1X format that still only has the 2 endings , not 3. ( hopefully I didn't write something that could be misread)

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
rikki, when dimitris posted all those Pa1X styles that were missing from the Pa800/ Pa2X I did not expect the 3 endings.

However, he pointed out to me that the Pa1X styles have had 3 endings since 3.0.

Graham

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#233955 - 05/13/08 12:13 AM Re: Best styles
Wis Offline

It seems to me that many of you are very happy with the Roland styles.
The factory styles and the userstyles.
For the Rolandplayers there are every 14 days new free styles on this site. http://roland-arranger.com
With OTS, made by Style Factory The Hoxophone.

#233956 - 05/13/08 08:55 AM Re: Best styles
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
On this site you can buy styles for all brands,They are realy good. http://www.d-o-o.de/novelties.php?&lang=en

Impuls.

#233957 - 05/13/08 09:34 AM Re: Best styles
Dnj Offline

Honestly with the thousands of styles out there for free covering every Genre imaginable why would you want to buy them? Except for some intros/endings all this is available already.PLus you have the advantage to make your own on your arranger a feature hardly used by many.

#233958 - 05/13/08 05:12 PM Re: Best styles
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Every keyboards have there + & -, but I remember that ketron had very good style library, not including the internal styles in there keyboards. But the MS50/60/100 had a large style disk library that could still be purchased. look up www.ketron.it

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online