SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#232987 - 04/28/08 09:17 AM Re: which arranger for solo work?
yogurt Offline

Loc: Greece
I don't think you are going to apreciate my sense of humor , the lyrics are in Greek )
And when I say pro arrangers I mean not cheap keybords )
I found some very nice samples from Korg pa500 too , and I am very troubled now. The samples also had a better stereo than yamaha but propably they worked the mix a lot at the pc. If I get the Korg I will also buy a 4 or 8 channel digital recorder. It will still be cheaper and gives me more possibilities.
But when I played the Korg at the music store I did not see so many nice styles and also did not find some classical organs I am intrested in , like classical violin , Cello etc. Only strange variations of them. Yamaha's classical sounds seem to be very nice especially the Super Articulation ones. I got confused again , lol

#232988 - 04/28/08 12:37 PM Re: which arranger for solo work?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Welcome to the real world, yogurt...!

The truth is, there IS no one perfect arranger! Every one of them has at least one great feature or sound the others don't have, and every one has a shortcoming, a weak point that the others don't suffer!

Finding those, and figuring out how much they affect your playing is the big question...

Best of luck....

It sure looks like the S900 is the one to lean towards, but hearing for yourself beats listening to us, any day!

#232989 - 04/28/08 02:06 PM Re: which arranger for solo work?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yogurt,

Please bear in mind that samples are the best of the best that any manufacturer can put forth. It's like an advertisement for an automobile. If you were to buy a car based upon their advertisements alone you would think that every one of them is the most fuel effecient, fastest and most luxurious vehicle on the planet. As Diki said, preview the keyboard first hand before buying.

Good luck on your decission,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online