SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#230873 - 04/02/08 09:48 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Rikki, and all

I will volunteer my time in starting to build a Nice style library for the Pa2/Pa800. I have found that converting Yamaha styles to the Pa2 using EMC styleworks functions pretty well. You do have to tweak them a bit. If we put our collective efforts together, we can end up with a nice little set of styles.

I can even host them on my Arrangerworld site. I have already started to convert some styles and have shared them with a few SZ brothers. We should make a list of the styles and then attack and convert them in order of priority.

Any other volunteers? Sign-up HERE!

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#230874 - 04/02/08 09:52 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
kbrkr Offline

Donny, It's just a matter of time before
quality styles start appearing for the new Korg Arrangers. As long as the base features and sound quality are there, adding converted styles is a small compromise to make to get to use the board you really want. I suggest you take another look at the Pa2. So many things to like about it...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Again this was the deal breaker for me & my pa800....Although what is factory is very good just not enough in the STYLE department & conversions to Korg are very difficult to achieve at best....& the folder system OS makes the task even harder. Its a shame with so many great on-board features the main thing of an arranger "STYLES" is sparse....Korg needs to really stock their style libraries & put style making NUMBER ONE making many more choices available to the users. Yamaha trumps all else in the style category availability but not necessarily the style dynamic one on many of their styles. If you could only take bits & pieces of each arranger you could possibly create the "PERFECT ARRANGER" other wise is will always be Choose, Buy, Settle & Workarounds

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-02-2008).]

#230875 - 04/02/08 09:53 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Rikki, and all

I will volunteer my time in starting to build a Nice style library for the Pa2/Pa800. I have found that converting Yamaha styles to the Pa2 using EMC styleworks functions pretty well. You do have to tweak them a bit. If we put our collective efforts together, we can end up with a nice little set of styles.

I can even host them on my Arrangerworld site or we can upload them to Createsongstyles; either way. I have already started to convert some styles and have shared them with a few SZ brothers. We should make a list of the styles and then attack and convert them in order of priority.

Any other volunteers? Sign-up HERE!

#230876 - 04/02/08 05:03 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Brian,
I ended up with some Trance & possibly hip hop styles in a download from one of the freebie sites. Can't remember where though. I don't really play this type of music, but a couple of the trance styles sounded really good. If I kept them, I could send them to you.

What were you hoping to do as far as creating your own, ie record from scratch??
copy style tracks & do a mix n match, convert & edit??

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by greenkidd:
A tutorial that goes into creating custom styles would help me.

I totally agree with DNJ's remarks.

thanks
Brian

[This message has been edited by greenkidd (edited 04-02-2008).]

[This message has been edited by greenkidd (edited 04-02-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230877 - 04/02/08 05:10 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny, It's just a matter of time before
quality styles start appearing for the new Korg Arrangers. As long as the base features and sound quality are there, adding converted styles is a small compromise to make to get to use the board you really want. I suggest you take another look at the Pa2. So many things to like about it...

I really hope your right Al....
Korg certainly is on the right track & I hope that progress continues in future Models....I will be waiting patiently this time around for the next wave of arrangers from Roland & Yamaha, Ketron & whatever else there is before I make another purchase...we'll see.

#230878 - 04/02/08 06:02 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Al,

I've got a few that I've actually tweaked. Though mine are a mix. PSR, BIAB, Ketron.

I could do a number of the technics conversions without tweaking. I normally only tweak if I may have a use for the style.

I wonder how many of us actually know how to fix a style though?

I may be able to help a bit, I've worked out some of the editing functions on the PA including the Note Transposition Tables, a fair bit of the Guitar Mode options etc

Might make for an interesting discussion on http://www.arrangerworld.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9&CAT_ID=1&Forum_Title=Style+and+Arrangement+Forum

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kbrkr:
[B]Rikki, and all

I will volunteer my time in starting to build a Nice style library for the Pa2/Pa800.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230879 - 04/02/08 06:11 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
hopefully you didn't give up on the Korg too soon.
I ended up with quite a number of reasonable styles from various downloads on one of the sites. Mainly Swing & Bigband , but also some nice ballads.
Some of the PA1X styles also differ to the PA800& sound quite good.
I had a huge collection of Technics styles, most of which I've dumped because they didn't convert terribly well, but the one's that are left should convert reasonably well. Again fortunately for me it's mainly the bigband /swing & latin styles that I've been left with.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

I really hope your right Al....
Korg certainly is on the right track & I hope that progress continues in future Models....I will be waiting patiently this time around for the next wave of arrangers from Roland & Yamaha, Ketron & whatever else there is before I make another purchase...we'll see.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230880 - 04/02/08 06:24 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
greenkidd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Brian,
I ended up with some Trance & possibly hip hop styles in a download from one of the freebie sites. Can't remember where though. I don't really play this type of music, but a couple of the trance styles sounded really good. If I kept them, I could send them to you.

What were you hoping to do as far as creating your own, ie record from scratch??
copy style tracks & do a mix n match, convert & edit??

best wishes
Rikki

Hello Rikki

Well, I was really hoping to create some contemporary R&B, Soul, Reggae influenced styles. Yes, I thought I saw one of your threads where you discussed making custom styles (ie copying style elements) with the PA800. I want to see if it's worth the time and effort so, to answer your question, I will probably see if just copying tracks leads anywhere. I am also waiting for the Rob Sherrat DVD's so I can understand the possibilities creating customer styles.

thanks
Brian

#230881 - 04/02/08 06:53 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Donny,
hopefully you didn't give up on the Korg too soon.
I ended up with quite a number of reasonable styles from various downloads on one of the sites. Mainly Swing & Bigband , but also some nice ballads.
Some of the PA1X styles also differ to the PA800& sound quite good.
I had a huge collection of Technics styles, most of which I've dumped because they didn't convert terribly well, but the one's that are left should convert reasonably well. Again fortunately for me it's mainly the bigband /swing & latin styles that I've been left with.

best wishes
Rikki

Maybe so Rikki....but its too late now Ive moved on....with eyes wide open....who knows what the future brings.....appreciate your never ending help also....

Stay well

#230882 - 04/02/08 06:56 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Brian,
copying style parts is relatively simple once you get the hang of it.
I did a bit of an article, but have since changed my method, only in so far as to start with a "New" style instead of copying tracks to an existing style. http://www.createsongstyles.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=56

If you're interested in giving it a go, we could discuss it further on Al's forum.
http://www.arrangerworld.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9&CAT_ID=1&Forum_Title=Style+and+Arrangement+Forum

Copying style tracks from existing styles could be an easy way to get started. From there you could do something similar to what I did with this Beguine style http://www.arrangerworld.com/dl.asp?cmd=6&cid=49

ie it's a mix of PSR & KorgPA800 style tracks ie
Intro 1 & Ending 1 : totally psr except for korg drum tracks

The variations are Korg except for the bass & guitar tracks which were taken from a psr style.

best wishes
rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by greenkidd:

Hello Rikki

Well, I was really hoping to create some contemporary R&B, Soul, Reggae influenced styles. Yes, I thought I saw one of your threads where you discussed making custom styles (ie copying style elements) with the PA800. I want to see if it's worth the time and effort so, to answer your question, I will probably see if just copying tracks leads anywhere. I am also waiting for the Rob Sherrat DVD's so I can understand the possibilities creating customer styles.

thanks
Brian

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online