SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#230853 - 03/30/08 08:31 PM Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
question for PA800/PA2X owners.
Ok, my PA800 has a lot of style types covered, but it's always a case of, I wish I had more swing styles , or I wish I had more ballad styles etc

Just be fascinated to know what style types we mainly use??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230854 - 03/30/08 09:25 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Without a doubt there needs to be more country styles with realistic instrumentation.

Also, many of the "big band" styles need to be reworked with better backgrounds and lead voices.

I also find the waltz catagory lacking.

Hammer

[This message has been edited by hammer (edited 03-30-2008).]

#230855 - 03/30/08 11:43 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Hammer,
sounds like you still haven't had a great deal of luck tracking down some country styles.

I could run some of my old ex keyboards country styles thru EMC for you, only problem is I wouldn't be able to tweak them, timewise, plus, a style edited on a PA800 wouldn't load into your PA1X. Running them thru EMC wouldn't be a hassle.
If you find something useable great.
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hammer:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230856 - 03/31/08 01:40 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I just can't seem to have enough soft-jazz or latin-jazz styles; you know, the kind of styles that would be good to play Ramsey Lewis' stuff.
Also, I am amazed at how difficult it seems to be for style manufacturers to come up with a real, simple, bossa nova style, a la Jobim (just listen to his recordings with Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto and you will understand what I mean). The worst bossa nova styles -and by a wide margin- are to my ears those by Yamaha, while Roland has the more authentic and Korg is somewhat in the middle (but they need a lot of tweaking because there is too much stuff going on at the same time).
From the demoes I have heard, looks like the Audya is on the right track, in this area...

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 03-31-2008).]

#230857 - 03/31/08 05:33 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Rikki,

Here is my list of needs:

1. Country Rock and 2-Step and basic 2/4 "Chattahoochee" type stuff.
2. Blues Rock like simple "Mustang Sally" Rock and some "Brown Eyed Girl" rock, more off-beat 4/4 rock.
3. R&B/Motown ala "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch"
4. More Disco with 16th's on the High Hat sort of like Madonna's; "Ray of Light". Disco like; "My First, Last, Everything". Disco/Funk like Jive Talking, Electric Slide.
5. More 6/8 Slow Ballads and Blues styles.
6. Latin; missing are really good reggae, Carnival, Caribbean styles ala; Hot, Hot, Hot, You can cal me Al.
7. More swing styles ala; Moondance and more progressively exciting Big Band styles that get more complex with each variation.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Thanks and Regards,
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#230858 - 03/31/08 08:52 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Rikki and Group,

1. 2/4 Country: A la "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" How hard can that be?? Out of 400 styles there are only 16 so-called country styles; and if you eliminate the "country boogie" and "country shuffle 1" which are atrocious! you're left with 14.

2. More Dixieland: I think on my PA2X there's only one! I need Fast, slow, and in-between.

3. More waltzes: Good Slow Orchestra, country (there is only one), even a Cajun waltz or two.

4. Good light Jazz and swing styles. Guitar, bass, and drums.

5. As was stated by Hammer: More realistic instrumentation in the OTS. Not much imagination was used. Havn't heard an organ in country music since Jimmy Wakely and Margaret Whiteing sang together in the late 1940s and early 50s.

The people at Korg did not make very good use of single lead instruments. Every time I think I need a good trumpet or clarinet lead I got some guy whistling, or that damned organ again. I know I can change them but I'd like it right out of the box.

AND MY BIG COMPLAINT: A bit off topic but the PA2X needs better GUITARS. Especially pedal steel and a good clean country lead guitar. IMO Yamaha really beats Korg in this area!!

Don P

#230859 - 03/31/08 09:07 AM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am right on with Dreamer ...

t.

#230860 - 03/31/08 03:08 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
reason I asked is, I don't know or haven't actually found any sites that sell Korg Styles?? .
So only other choice may be converting.
I've been going thru a heap of my old styles, & deleting stuff that doesn't convert reasonably well.
Basically most styles still need some tweaking, but I've dumped most of the ones that are really bad.

At this stage I've mainly gone thru my technics & rolands, & what I've got left is a bit of, Country ( waltzes, rock, bluegrass etc), Latin ( bossa's, rhumba's beguine's), Waltzes ( slow, vieneze, swing etc) Jazz, Bigband, Swing, Dixieland & Ragtime, Boogie, Foxtrot
Unfortunately Rock, Pop, R&B, Ballad, Motown, 8/16 Beat type styles were pretty awful.( I've kept backup copies, but they possibly would require too much fixing)

If anyone can be bothered tweaking for themselves, I'm happy to convert & upload them.
I'll probably end up tweaking some myself, but only as I need them.

Surprisingly some of the old technics convert more easily than the Yamaha's or Rolands.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#230861 - 03/31/08 03:28 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
"Cool" swing jazz styles!!
Michael Buble...that's the styles I want!!!
New ... Fresh!!! Korg has the right idea with what is on the PA2Xpro now .... I want more!! Unplugged, Contemporary and Jazz styles. Uncluttered .. simple styles!!
PLEASE SOMEBODY make them!! I will pay for them!!

#230862 - 03/31/08 03:31 PM Re: Korg PA800/PA2X : What Type of Styles Do You Wish You Had More Of ??
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Rikki
Tyr this for a few http://www.carillonstudios.co.uk/korg_styles.htm
Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online