SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#230604 - 03/31/08 04:00 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas,

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the situation will become somewhat reversed as you advance in years--I should know. I think she's trying to collect on the life insurance. "Yep, he's dead, but look at the smile on his face!"

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#230605 - 03/31/08 04:28 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

chas

#230606 - 03/31/08 07:57 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Last night as i was going to bed, I brought my wife a glass of water and two aspirin.
She said what is that for, I don't have a headache.
I said thats all I wanted to know
Bebop

#230607 - 03/31/08 11:42 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
loud, rattle the mirrirs in the bathroom, and leave you partially deaf each night and probably leave a few patrons with headaches on the ride home. The extra boominess that makes the bad dancers dance will not be able to tell if the highs and mids are proportionate because the volume will be so loud and in their face. You're right......modern technology just can't compete with the good old days.

I just did a sweet 16 party tonight with my L1 II system and only ONE Bose sub ..... the dance floor was never empty, I could hear every request that came to me ...even with my head only 12 inches from the tower.....which BTW, never fed back once even though my live mic was right there too.

The Bose is not for everyone. It's not for those resistant to change, or those who need to actually feel the bass rumble in their stomaches. It's a new and improved approach, and fill the bill 100% for it's target market. You'll never see some MTV rockers with Peavey gear, and you'll never convince an old school musician with hearing loss that this new, smoother system can do the job. Then again, just make him a cassette tape of the sound and have him play it back, while you stroll down memory lane........shouting at each other.

" So, Jeff.....I got a new hearing aid yesterday!"

"Oh yeah...what kind is it??"

"Hmmmm....almost 11:30 ! "

I love you guys....but not as much as I love my Bose. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ditto on the Bose Lt1 Mod II with the Tone Match. It's like having an Ultra HiFi extremely wide dispersion PA system. It sounds exactly the same 180 degrees. We use one Sub and it's plenty for 300 seat places. We have another for larger venues but rarely use it.

People are always asking about the system.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-31-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#230608 - 04/01/08 01:11 AM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Although I'm not the hugest fan of Mackie's top cabs, I got to give a pretty ringing endorsement of their subs. I have the 15" self powered type, and it has been bulletproof. As a balance to our JBL SRX 12" top cabs, it works like a dream, from quiet intimate places to very large outdoor venues at full bore.

For me, the trick is not to have the smallest, lightest sub (and PA) for a particular venue, it's having ONE that can work for ANY venue, ANY volume level. I don't feel like buying two or three PA's to cover diverse gigs. Just get ONE that can cover it all...

If all you ever do is background gigs, sure, use whatever. No-one cares. But play outdoors for a thousand or so (that wanna PARTY, not talk over the top of you!), and that Logitech is gonna blow so fast you won't have time to think!

#230609 - 04/01/08 04:32 AM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've done football field-size outdoor picnics with ONE Bose sub and these people partied like crazy. The sound was crystal clear 400 feet from where I set up, and I watched the people all over bopping and dancing to the beat. It carries like nothing else.

I'm excited - going to see Victor Wooten after work tonight. I'm gonna tell him about the Bose.

#230610 - 04/01/08 02:31 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

I played at Aberdeen, Maryland Municipal Park to about 1,200 people using a single sub with the Bose L1 system. People 600 feet away were bopping to the songs and raved about the music. I never turned the volume beyond 50 percent of max. And, the people within 50 feet said they loved the music. I don't know if it was the sub or the tower that reached the back end of the venue, but I can unequivocally tell you that NO conventional sound system I've owned in 50 years could have accomplished this without blowing the heads off audience members that were within 50 feet of the speakers--NONE! I sincerely hope that no one else buys the Bose sound system--I not that good of a player and I don't want them to sound as good or better than myself. I hope they ALL stick with their antique, monster subs and speakers, ones that require a fork-lift to get out of the vans and trailers. I also hope they ALL have their health insurance paid up so they don't have to shell out big bucks for their hernia repairs. Oh hell, doctors need money too!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#230611 - 04/01/08 04:21 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks, Gary... I will take your advice.

I always perform in stereo, anyway...

#230612 - 04/01/08 08:29 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
Dnj Offline

Diki....stereo Bose PAS units (2)......
oh yeah I wanna carry 8 pieces of speaker gear plus tight covers

#230613 - 04/01/08 08:34 PM Re: Best / good subwoofer?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

All you need is love !

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online