SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#229365 - 03/18/08 02:02 AM Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Ok. I am in arranger heaven with the s900. It puts my old tyros 1 aside. But somehow i found registration setups easier on t1..or maybe ive forgotten how to. Heres my situation. Ive got on usb stick the missing t2 internal styles and all 300 internal styles on 2 separate folders marked t1 and t2. I want to be able to have my t1 and t2 and s900 registrations on 3 different folders and be able to store about 50 registrations on each. Oh and how do i save 4 different one touch settings per registration. Pleeeez help me..

#229366 - 03/18/08 08:47 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Post your question at www.psrtutorial.com - the place to be for Yamaha arranger owners. there are hundreds of tutorials and how to articles on that site.

hammer

#229367 - 03/18/08 08:57 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
It is possible to do all the things that you want, regarding the one touch settings, that you have to save those into each of the User style (USB or internal memory, but this one is limited). Keep in mind that OTS is part of the style.
I have the S900 as a backup of my T2 and I have done much of what you mention, a piece of advice, I put my User Styles in the SAME folder of those registrations that contain them, that way is faster and better since there is not path to trace for the location where you have the styles/user voices/pads, etc.

#229368 - 03/19/08 05:50 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
rolandfan Offline

Im having no luck at all. Spent 3 hours last night but with no luck. I even went on psr tutorial and that did not help. I want to be able to select my own registrations from the buttons on the screen and NOT from the 8 buttons because those buttons dont show me the song name for some reason. Please help. I want to save about a hundred registrations. What is the first step? Each time i mess it up i do a factory reset. So tell me what to do step by step. Do i first create a folder or not? Bear in mind that half of the registrations will be from styles on my usb stick and the balance will be the keyboards internal styles

#229369 - 03/19/08 08:16 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you first press the Direct Access button, then one of the 8 reg. buttons, the screen will show each of the reg. names, and you can select the one you want either from the buttons around the screen or from the reg. buttons themselves.
Remember, after you save a registration, before leaving that Bank of registrations, you must also save the Bank. You will be prompted to do this, unless you turn the kb off before saving.
I wouldn't think it would be necessary to do a factory reset if you mess up. You can just delete the registration or bank.
DonM

#229370 - 03/19/08 09:04 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
zuki Offline

Rolandfan,

You can have the 8 registrations show the song names - that's the way I set up my live performances.

You might want to rename the styles to match the song title. They (custom styles) have to be saved in a folder/usb, etc though.

It's a bit tricky to establish them, but easy once you have the proper steps.

I have to go to 2 jobs today, but if you still haven't got it by tonight, I'll write the procedure in simple steps.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#229371 - 03/25/08 05:53 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
rolandfan Offline

Thanks Don and Zuki. Pressing the direct access button and then a registration number solved the mystery and pressing memory button followed by a one touch button stores a one touch. Thanks guys

#229372 - 03/27/08 02:50 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
rolandfan Offline

Ok now i have a new problem. Having saved 8 setups i cant save anymore. I thought it would go on to page 2 but it doesnt. I never created a folder. I just pressed memory and a reg number each time i stored a setup . What do i do now? Will i have to delete my hard work and start again? My setups are stored in new bank. Help

#229373 - 03/27/08 04:47 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
zuki Offline

Yes, you'll have to assign the 8 registrations to banks. On board, you can save about 7 or 8 banks with custom styles. Any more than that, you'll have to put in folders and access from a pen drive.

Just save (copy) your work to a pen drive for now and try to experiment with making a bank or folders for your registrations.

You can assign a new bank with the #6 button under the main screen.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#229374 - 03/28/08 12:32 AM Re: Bought psr s900. Confused about storing my registration setup
rolandfan Offline

Zuki. I tried to save those 8 registrations to a folder but i just couldnt do it. So i deleted everything. Please guide me step by step how to create a folder and be able to save 8 registrations to that folder (8 is the maximum per folder?)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online